ELB and PIA from VAC - LTD and PIA and SISIP and VAC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ELB and PIA from VAC - LTD and PIA and SISIP and VAC

Post by Redfisher1 on Thu 24 Jan 2013, 21:49

A Vet can recieve PIA on top of his ELB of 75% from VAC. This is a financial gain for the VET because of lost job opportunities. But then other VETs who are under SISIP LTD 75% and apply for then recieve PIA, will SISIP use the PIA to further reduce their monthly amount? Evil or Very Mad Therefore there would be zero gain for the Vet. Crying or Very sad Where as the PIA from VAC is added on top of the ELB of 75%. Cool

Or will SISIP leave this benefit alone? cheers

Redfisher1
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2013-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: ELB and PIA from VAC - LTD and PIA and SISIP and VAC

Post by 321HTRCN on Thu 24 Jan 2013, 22:07

I get PIA and Sisip Ltd and they did not clawback

321HTRCN
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2012-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatfoot on Fri 25 Jan 2013, 09:29

My CM told me, and so far it had been true, that PIA/TIS does not get deducted from SISIP.
Greatfoot
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2012-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 on Fri 25 Jan 2013, 12:54

my cm told me the pia and supplement were not applicable to me as a pension act recipient, and wouldnt send me the forms,

changed their story a week later to it was applicable but still wouldnt send the forms or provide information on the allowance.

family printed off the forms, helped me fill in part one, sent it off, it was logged in,

it officially disappeared when it hit the cm's office.. however if it does show up at a later date it won't be backdated to the original application date for the pia..

they didnt blink an eye lash in acknowledging i was on cpp(d), dtc thru cra and in receipt of sisip ltd, am unable to work or complete any vocational program..

having been on the rehab program for counselling services for over five years, i have been told i have the right to apply for the pia, but the supplement has to be started through your cm, as they complete part one before it goes to an attending physician (md), psychologist or psychitrist for completing their portion..

To get the supplement itself started you have to be on the rehab program..

and stated because i hadn't been previously written up for being totally permanently incapacitated they would not follow up on it now..

In contact with some on here, and the ombudsmans office they stated that the pia and supplement had nothing to do with SISIP as it is not income replacement based..

i won't miss having the pia and supplement as i didnt have up to this point, but the cm has no authority to deny an application..
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 25 Jan 2013, 13:18

something the same happened to me but now i have a new CM now i have all the forms filled out with her assistance.weather i get it ore not is annyones guess but my new CM seems nice and was shocked to here what the last one was doing.try to get a new CM.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Fri 25 Jan 2013, 13:25

Did you inform the Ombudsmens office that they have refused to process your PIA application? They have to provide you with an answer one way or the other, they can't just make it go away. And you don't have to be TPI to get the PIA, and if you request the Supplement, it is their duty to process it. If they require a determination of TPI first, then request they set up an appointment with an OT to get it done. Then reapply for the Supp.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3092
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 on Fri 25 Jan 2013, 15:00

Requested a new cm thru the district office manager when I noticed the inconsistencies in their representation more than a year ago,

was told to start anew, forget the issues ignored and work with the cm regardless of what transpired,

More issues arose, requested again (through OVO intervention) and denied a second time last spring,

more problems since then including this with the pia application,

Contacted OVO again, and again denied by district office manager,

now it sits with my MP's office to intervene or do nothing and I withdraw from rehab to get away from the stress involved with this cm..

If this is how they operate on a daily basis, there are a lot of vets not getting proper representation..

My apologies from getting this sidetracked from the original post subject
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 on Fri 25 Jan 2013, 15:06

Also from previous, I was a zero sum, now reinstated..

I had applied as needed through a previous cm and was denied for the ELB based on what my PA amount was,

they never followed up on a request in 2008 (a written request that was logged into my file by my former spouse) for more info on the pia and supplement,

if they had I wouldn't be presented the nil representation now from the current cm.
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Fri 25 Jan 2013, 15:33

Buddy, you are being screwed by an unapologetic bureaucracy. I'm wondering if there is any way to bypass your local office and have your file transferred to the VAC office in Ottawa or Toronto area. It may be the only chance you have to get proper case management, even if it has to be done through phone calls and emails.

This is the problem with having to apply for each and every step. It gives some VAC employee the opportunity to deny or even refuse to process anything that they want to. It should be like the CF, where if you submit paperwork to your immediate supervisor, they only have a certain amount of time to pass it up the chain. If they don't agree with something, they cannot put a kibosh to it, they could merely add their comments and pass it along, and failure to do so would mean heavy administrative action against them. If you have proof that your disability keeps you from working, and a doctor has stated that the disabling condition is permanent or even degenerative, approval for ELB, PIA and Supp should be automatic, and then it is just a matter of determining at what level.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3092
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 321HTRCN on Fri 25 Jan 2013, 15:51

Puddleduk2

Here is the info for PIA

Permanent Impairment Allowance

A monthly taxable allowance payable if you suffer from lost job opportunities because you are permanently and severely impaired.

You may qualify for a Permanent Impairment Allowance if you are a CF Veteran who has:

a physical and/or mental impairment that is severe and permanent;
a rehab plan that is approved by VAC; and
received a disability award or a disability pension related to this impairment.
Permanent Impairment Allowance Supplement

A monthly taxable benefit of $1000 payable if you are in receipt of a Permanent Impairment Allowance and, due to the level of your disability, you are not capable of suitable, gainful employment.

You may qualify for a Permanent Impairment Allowance Supplement if you are:

in receipt of a Permanent Impairment Allowance; and
due to the level of your disability, you are not capable of suitable, gainful employment.
I hope this helps and try using the Pension Advocates to appeal this bullsh..,t

321HTRCN
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2012-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 on Fri 25 Jan 2013, 16:12

i hear you both,

unfortunately the cm is protected under the PA for any discrepancies they make, and are not liable for them..

The Bureau of Pension Advocates (BPA) dont really have anything to do with the daily ongoings of VAC..

So it is my MP's hands, if the issues are not resolved, and a new cm is not given out of any office in Ontario (as my district office closes in less than two years) then the only choice is to withdraw from any further misrepresentation at this time..

I have only met with my cm once, that was over two years ago, and no visits since that time.. they are located more than 10+ hours away in another area code even..

Last edited by puddleduk2 on Fri 25 Jan 2013, 16:13; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition of "at this time")
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top