What would you say?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What would you say?

Post by pteadams2002 on Fri 25 Jan 2013, 21:36

I feel the same way at times Georges, the thought that I put my life on the line for some of the people I have met. I shake my head.
pteadams2002
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2012-08-04

http://pteadams2002@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags on Sat 26 Jan 2013, 10:30

Every time I get down or the pain is too much for the meds to cover and I walk a little worse and stutter and stagger and someone asks me was it worth it. I stand a little straighter and say yes id do it all again the same way cause so many lived cause of what I did. They say even getting hit? I say especially that id do it all over cause now I can see what good I did and the lives that have changed people have lived because of me. It was so worth it.
Be Proud Very Proud of what you did. We are the few. None of those people even most military have never been tested. We are the few that stood our ground or took the leap and grabbed the brass ring. you held it in your hands even if only for a fleeting moment you still held it. Most of them have never even seen the brass ring.

edit in - Now for those that did not get to close with the enemy and were hurt in training same goes for you if you feel you were left out of my comments. think of your brass ring as "He Who Dares! you took the leap in training we of us who got to the enemy are just lucky cause of that intense training made me better on the battle field you fell at training to make me better. so you dared!!!! you got me to the enemy you hold part of my prize. Cause without the training that hurt you id never have won the day when the 13 met the 10,000. And won.

Last edited by Rags on Sat 26 Jan 2013, 10:36; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added a line.)

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by expara on Sat 09 Feb 2013, 11:24

Hey all.Yeah I that is the first question I get (how long did you serve) and the second one that usually follows is "did you kill anyone or shoot at anyone" and that one pisses me off the most!
expara
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2012-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo on Mon 11 Feb 2013, 18:06

As a woman, I have had people ask if my medals belonged to my grandfather.

Another thing pisses me off is people thinking my military pension is coming out of their pocket (I paid into it just like civvies pay into theirs) and that my pension means I am financially well off.
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 309
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by georges dumont on Mon 11 Feb 2013, 18:19

nemo, it must leef great to get off your chest. Some people stile live n the dark ages and has not fllowed throus history. woman how serve today are a lot braver than many men, how many times you had to push of doldiers with no respect is also brabably meed bothelly. You know your wourght. e proud.

georges dumont
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2012-10-22

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum