How do you handle health questions?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: How do you handle health questions?

Post by RobbieRoyal on Sun 14 Apr 2013, 18:58

Hey Michael tuff story and even sadder that your family dad mostly had to side with pack mentality instead of a listening to his son, but your not alone and unfortunately this is more common than you can imagine, cheers soldier
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1697
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags on Mon 15 Apr 2013, 08:33

Mike,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and deep feelings on what must be a very difficult struggle. We are all here with you, your father is from the group we all know who did nothing and are very bitter they never got to dance with the devil. What makes it worse is we get paid more then them for less time and they trained us.
Mike why not buy a gift for him and ask him to pass it around to his buddies after he reads the book "On Killing" very good book for the person who has no clue what combat and PTSD is about.
As for your comment you wanted to say.....oh please next time say it you will grow proud of yourself when you stand as a soldier and tell them and walk out of the room a bigger man then them. I once had much the same incident and told them you had to get shot and blown up and survive for the bonus cheq. When they went silent I said I would give back all of it and pay a monthly fee out of my pay just to be still serving and have no pain, be able to hear and not be blind in one eye.

Your a Soldier! Im proud of you, you have my respect for serving some tough tours and sharing with us. Your always welcome as a hero at my door. pm me if you want to chat. Better yet buy a motorcycle with some retro money and come ride with me and many heros as w let the breeze of the road blow all our troubles away. Lawrence of Arabia style. He was a avid rider and true hero of tough combat and a sufferer of PTSD.

Books to Read - if your suffering
Good reading for the broken soul - Seven Pillars of Wisdom, TA Lawrence, the Lawrence of Arabia
All Quiet on the Western Front
On Killing

Read them at least.....listen to Enya, meditate, burn incense, do Thei Chi at the waters edge, dance naked on your front lawn with some herb.....well last part is optional....but you must read the books listen to soft music and exercise.

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jaxk on Sat 20 Apr 2013, 15:55

Depending who is asking and how I feel at the moment I say this:

My past activities are catching up with me.
My last career was highly active.
I was rode hard and put away wet one too many times.

To be honest, most of the time I do not say anything - I just hobble away.
jaxk
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2013-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by BoltAction308 on Sat 20 Apr 2013, 23:49

Mike, as others said, you are not alone brother!

BoltAction308
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2013-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by MommyB on Wed 15 May 2013, 12:45

Mike,

most with PTSD suffer in silence.
We have an invisible illness and most really can't and won't understand as they have never been in any situations as we have.
My comment ...... Ignorance is bliss ...

Keep your head held high and always know you are NOT alone.
Look me up if you ever get to Ottawa .....

Cheers,

Brenda

MommyB
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2013-05-09

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top