Group Therapy Experiences

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Group Therapy Experiences

Post by puddleduk2 on Fri 01 Feb 2013, 20:17

yep, there was no treatment for the treatment sessions given..

when i went, there was always a timeout chair just outside the nurses station that at times had a waiting line just for the seclusion it offered..
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by expara on Fri 01 Feb 2013, 20:28

Of course you had to wait to get your meds after a session but you had to wait at least an hour! So of course that is where smoking came in handy Very Happy
expara
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2012-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by expara on Fri 01 Feb 2013, 20:30

I can see the strength of being part of a group, but I do prefer one-on-one with my psychologist and there are times where talking with another vet would help!
expara
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2012-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Tue 05 Mar 2013, 11:07

an I am finding myself posting a lot here today but the question was raised and here is my story. I was asked by my local VAC area coordinator to possibly seek employment with the OSSIS team, she said you have a very articulate manner of speaking and your very powerful in presenting ideals and your own story. So thinking this would ease some of the financial pain I offered to meet with the OSSIS GUY that is all I will call him other than fucking duche. I leave buddy my number and he calls me and says meet me at Timmies. Rather odd but hey if that floats your boat, off i go and I see his vehicle and I assume he is the OSSIS GUY. I walk over and ask him if he is so and so, yup just a sec. He looks over at what I assume is a kid late teens maybe tells him to get the fuck out time for business. I crawl in the truck and we do the intros with all the same bloody fucking crap about blah blah blah. I was feeling more anger at that moment than I had experienced in years. I cut tothe chase and say ok what do I have to do to get on board, he says we meet wed nights at pm at (a tavern). Here you will need to do the counseling and forum portion of an OSSIS assistant. Ok I said gotta go and I leave.Booze and mental illness in a public place no fucking way. I report my interview with my LAC and tell her straight out, you are just as fucked as that program in that you condone this type of rehabilitation for PTSD sufferers. Never went never will because the venues are unreal and it is all the same shit me,me,me and fucking me.
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top