WHAT ABOUT ELB FROM VAC!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WHAT ABOUT ELB FROM VAC!

Post by jack22 on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 14:13

I am not part of class action. I do receive ELB from VAC and because of the class action my allocation of ELB are not clawback anymore , in fact since 3 oct 2012. I asked minister Blaney if VAC is going to harmonize any retro like the class action. Guess what... no answer whit that particular from the minister, the VAC OmbudsmanIs and my deputy. It look like nobody stong enough to stand and answer . Is there any of you out there in my situation? Anybody know something about that?

Jacques St-Amand

jack22
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2012-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: WHAT ABOUT ELB FROM VAC!

Post by Guest on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 14:17

wow big question?my guess and guess only.id say no retro any further back then april 1st 2012 if any.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 14:26

Actually I did bring this point up with Blaney's chief of staff and other key VAC employees in December.

This is the answer that was not really an answer...."to date the ELB has been copying each implementation that has occured in the LTD negotiation."

So this is where the 'not really an answer' comes in...retro to April 2006 (NVC implementation date) will occur "after" the final decision is done by Justice Barnes.

So I believe it would be safe to say within 60-90 days after the decision the memo to cabinet to authorize the retro to April 2006 by VAC will happen and those vets on ELB will get their retro.
teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3225
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jack22 on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 14:37

Tanks for theses quiks returns. Amazing sometimes that VAC is taking pleasure to keep people in the dark. Cross my fingers and whait!

Jacques St-Amand

jack22
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2012-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieinNB on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 14:39

Will they be sending 17% to MC....sorry being sick has me in a bit of a snarkymood Neutral

MaggieinNB
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 16:12

The ELB clawback is not part of the lawsuit so to answer your question Maggie...NO.

teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 18 Feb 2013, 13:25

There are a lot of us Veterans that suffered from clawbacks through the ELB from VAC, we were not welcomed in the lawsuit even though we got robbed the same way but by our own people from VAC. You should try to find out if we will get anything from all of this, you'll see that we are not considered like real Vets like you guys...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 18 Feb 2013, 13:49

frustrated cook i am on the old system and fully agree with you.as far as the lawsuit goes i belive becouse of timing and other legalities you could not be included in our suit you actually would have to launch another one.im glad that through our efforts that you are no longer being clawed back and i really hope that you get the retro right back to the start but thats in the GOCs hands and i have verry little faith in them.im also hoping you have a lot of sucsess in the fight over the buyout as this is something that pees me off to no end.

allways question athority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Mon 18 Feb 2013, 14:07

First frustratedcook you ARE a veteran! Never sell yourself short. You wore the uniform and sacrificed your health and quality of life for Canada. So in my books and I will go toe to toe with anyone who disagrees YOU ARE A CANADIAN VETERAN!

As for why ELB clients were not in the class action lawsuit. Dennis specifically challenged the SISIP LTD clawback under the Pension Act (PA)

Your ELB is under the New Veteran Charter. The NVC replaced the PA in 2006 and LTD was rebranded as ELB.

I have stated this before but it's worth repeating...VAC does not want an ELB lawsuit. That is why they are 60-90 days behind implementations resulting from the negotiations.

The reason for the delay's is VAC needs to write a memo to cabinet. The cabinet looks at the memo and each government dept. does their thing and eventually it is passed and implemented.

One thing you should know. This is being done without a lawfirm so you do not have to pay legal fees.

So I am 99.99% positive when I say this...ELB will be corrected all the way back to 2006. This is going to happen.
teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 18 Feb 2013, 14:12

thanks propat, I have been contacting your lawfirm since jan 2010 as to the possibility of another lawsuit so we don't get left behind but still no answer from them. Like you I have no faith at all toward GOC. I have been protesting for over 3 years now, contacted my deputy, the ombdudsman and the Minister of VAC and the office of the Prime Minister under 2 different gov but no luck yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 18 Feb 2013, 14:22

well buds im hoping teen is correct as im hope they do not want to face a another lawsuit they are sure to loose but looking at whats going on with the RCMP side i just cant read them right now other than that old standby delay,delay,delay.im sure when all is said and done if they dont give you back your retro MC would entertain taking your case if not im sure many others will.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by georges dumont on Mon 18 Feb 2013, 14:31

Propat, I think the GOC is only trying to how that they are doingthere job when it comes to theRCMP. Other wise it would be open bar for every bdy and any thing. Ya delays do get to me to, but some body has to look like there working! Preventing the open bar is also important, any ways GO lawers also need to eat. Teen hope you are right, it will save time and fees for all thous involved.

georges dumont
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2012-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 21 Mar 2013, 17:38

I just watched the new budget and I didn't hear any money for us...so just more of usual b---s---, "One vetran" my a--.
We are not all equal under the sun. As long as all us vets stand together and help our brothers and sisters in their fight the gov will keep screwing us...

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Thu 21 Mar 2013, 23:26

The actual breakdown was a $1.9 billion over 7 years for ill, injured and elderly veterans.

Oh and the projected dollar value for SISIP, and ELB payments to date, is $1.9 billion over 7 years.

What a coincidence?
teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 28 Mar 2013, 14:40

again,
Please stop spreading rumours and talking of what you know nothing about. Don't promise us Vets on ELB anything that you have no knowledge or rights to talk about. There is nothing or no one that says that VAC will be paying retro to any of us as, that they are not compelled to stick to the court order at it is only against SISIP and not VAC. If you listened to the budget last week you will see that there was no money voted for us.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum