Flashbacks ??

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Flashbacks ??

Post by PipperNavy on Tue 05 Mar 2013, 10:41

In 1995 and 2002 I was diagnosed with Ptsd having night terrors , panic attacks.... etc!! , the worst was the morning wake ups in terror and fear these took hr's till my wife got me back to sleep with gravel and walking around my back yard in my underwear. and had all signs but one -.>(daytime Flashbacks)<-- .. On a recent vist to my Head Doc he told me that he thinks I dont have Ptsd but only Panic attacks and he can have me cured in a very short Time ?? , I was medically released on 2003 w/ 3b .. I applied for Vac and was awarded 5/5 full pension at % 70
I think he's Nutz . :_ :_ . Please give me your thoughts thanx Pip Smile
PipperNavy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Flashbacks ??

Post by RobbieRoyal on Tue 05 Mar 2013, 10:47

He is very fucked up, more veterans will end up with "DayMares" because simply they do not recall sleepless nights. I toss turn scream and yell in my sleep, yet i wake up and carry on it is my wife that lets me know about my am sleep but the daymares are very viid and real you do not escape them as for a cure he is out to lunch, you can medicate, control but if you can't access the illness you ain't curing shit.
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by PipperNavy on Tue 05 Mar 2013, 11:01

Thanx RobbieRoyal . I have the worst sleeps . thats if i can sleep .. I've jumped out of bed a few dozen times screaming and ran into the walls. I explained it to him and still stated these a panic attacks.. May be he needs to back to school ...
PipperNavy
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Tue 05 Mar 2013, 11:10

tell him to stand in front of you and you wont have to worry about that idiot again
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags on Tue 05 Mar 2013, 17:09

Piper
I and we here dont know. Only one who knows will be you and the doc based on what you have shared. Allot of people with disorders and issues get the pan wide open diagnosis of PTSD when it is something else or something with a sprinkling of PTSD. I suggest you ask them in detail why they think that. Also review in your own mind if you had a situation that fits with the severe enough trauma that would induce PTSD. You are the best judge of it in combination with your doc. I have seen cases of PTSD in the CF and people released who did not have it but they did have another disorder. Reasons for that are simple but I wont discuss them cause they will cause some to get agitated and in the end it really does not matter. Disorders are disorders in the end they incapasitate .....the key question is are they caused by the CF or are they just a natural occurring disorder in a percent of the population.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 05 Mar 2013, 17:42

Yes, Rags but if that disorder regardless of what it is , occurred in a SDA area we are covered by the insurance principle 24 hours a day, so I for one Pipper would get rid of this doctor, not in your best interest and you don't want trouble with vac

Back to top Go down

Post by PipperNavy on Tue 05 Mar 2013, 18:07

Thanx for the input . I've had two physiatrist's tell and on paper I have Ptsd and this Psychologist with his 3 hour walk thru BS test told me different . hmm .. How could have trouble with Vac ? I've had a pension for 10 yrs now!
PipperNavy
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 05 Mar 2013, 18:38

Because if you get better , VAC can lower your pension, and if a doctor concurs today at this time, I would not fool around. At my legion I talk to guys all the time who are having trouble with Vac, try getting ELB from Vac they have tighten it up like a beavers ass! They are cutting back

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags on Tue 05 Mar 2013, 18:42

Pipper if it was 2 phys Docs that said PTSD go with that. Psycologists are not the same and need to stay out of the diagnosis business.

This is a very important point Pipper brings up as the two are very different. It is important for sufferers to understand the difference between them and what they are supposed to do in your therapy.

Psychiatrist - diagnose and prescribe drugs and therapy

Psychologist - put into action the therapy prescribed by Psychiatrist.

Sociologists ie Social workers have nothing to do with PTSD!!!!!!! Ignore them completely.

The example I best describe the relationship is that between a Doctor who looks at your bad knee and prescribes physiotherapy and drugs to heal the wound. And sends you to a physiotherapist to work the knee. Psychologists are physiotherapists of the brain they work the mind.

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags on Tue 05 Mar 2013, 18:47

Nav Said -
"Because if you get better , VAC can lower your pension,"

We are supposed to get better thats the huge problem with PTSD people dont want to get better so they can keep the money train rolling and that is not good for the persons mental well being. This is why PTSD has a huge stigma...not just cause its a mental issue due to battle but cause its a self perpetuating wound for fear ya get better and lose the money.
Dont jump before reading now - Qual this *** No one ever completely gets better....at least I have not met one but you do get much better if you work at it and follow the docs advice. It is all based on how bad ya had it. Thats based on the tramatic incident.

Nav Said -
Yes, Rags but if that disorder regardless of what it is , occurred in a SDA area we are covered by the insurance principle 24 hours a day,

Yes agreed but thats for SISIP Insurance not DVA. Mental pre existing disorder should not nor are they covered, most times if truth is laid out in med docs you wont get DVA. But docs do some cheating to help out people they want out and the cash makes the journey easier for all involved.

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 05 Mar 2013, 18:54

Wrong , Rags, that's Vac, SDA area your covered under the Insurance principle, I need Big Rex for this one!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags on Tue 05 Mar 2013, 18:58

Oh NAV I thought when you said Insurance you ment SISIP not VAC. I dont know for sure today as VAC has gotten rather soft on some issues. I do know in the past they did not but docs slipped it in to make easy slide to civi street. Which from a soldiers family perspective makes sense.

The VAC principle of 5 fifths is the key if you had a disorder not associated with the CF and was on SDA duty and had an issue then you may get 1 or 2/5ths of the pension %. But not the whole thing.

It is just wrong to pay someone for a pre existing medical condition which CF did not cause. That would cause the Tax payer to be rather pissed off with what we actually have DVA for.

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 05 Mar 2013, 19:06

I understand where you are coming from, Rags, I too was injured in a combat area, but I can't help but feel for the many guys I know who fought and got injured then had to fight DVA again. And I especially agree with you now regarding the law firm, since we are paying large legal fees, we deserve a answer and I think it was wrong of Peter to leave the site!

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianInfidel on Tue 05 Mar 2013, 19:15

Listen, many book psychologist, have the god complex and figure they can cure everyone. BS!
Non of these quacks have felt the heat of gunfire, the rush of close calls, let alone have walked a mile in a vets combat boots.
Tell him to go pound sand. I've been diagnosed with PTSD in '95, redeployed in '98 and 2001 to the same country that caused the symptoms, then deployed to Afghanistan in 2003. I harbored the stigma of PTSD like being a sheep in wolves clothing. I too received 5/5 @ @ 60%. I fought and fought to be retained, even lied saying I was good to go, only to succumb to my demons and eventually released 3B.
I'm trying to push my pension % up since I've been doing a lot worse especially suffering from physical ailments associated to my pension condition.
CanadianInfidel
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2013-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Tue 05 Mar 2013, 19:25

Let me inform all of you something very simple and something that is misrepresented here. If a member is medically released with a sever chronic report from a shrink, then let this be understood he is at 70%, if you think for one minute that you can medicate someone with sc PTSD for 10 years then your all smoking dope and you have become some cheesy downgrade. I know of no one who has become stable enough at this level to be reassessed and labelled depressed. Pat Strogan has now been assessed as a PTSD statistic. Bolt only you know your level of competence and brother your gut knows where you are, if your unhappy with your new treatment voice it now before you are put into an even darker place, do not let people tell you your comfort zone your the casualty not them. I hope it works out well buddy.
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum