Is there Wi-Fi honey?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is there Wi-Fi honey?

Post by Sapper Zodiak on Thu 07 Mar 2013, 14:51

Sitting in a little restaurant across from my wife and mother -in-law today, I asked the question "is there Wi-Fi honey?" My wife said I suppose and I immediately grabbed her smart phone. I just had to check Csat for info about the lawsuit and Judges decision. Both women looked at me puzzled, and I let them know what I was doing. No new info was posted. I immediately felt the pangs in my stomach. I feel my heart pound in my chest. I am so very depressed. I always try to see the bright side, be hopeful, and here I am failing miserably. This lawsuit should just be a crumb. I should laugh and take whatever is thrown to me. Yet deep down inside I know that the legacy of this fourth generation Canadian soldier has been destroyed and nothing will fix that. No cash. apology or anything. My great-grandfather with the 17th battallion Canadians in WW1. My grandfather as a Patricia in Italy M.I.D. captured and escapes his captives. My father as a 17 year old kid on the first UNEF mission to the Sinai in 1956. I can't believe how final this settlement really is for my career, and for my future. I will never be better than what I am right now. I will never in my life have a chance for more money as I do from this lawsuit. This is it. Thanks for listening.
Broken Ass Sapper

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Is there Wi-Fi honey?

Post by Guest on Thu 07 Mar 2013, 15:05

Stay strong Sapper.

Back to top Go down

Post by BoltAction308 on Thu 07 Mar 2013, 15:52

The way I look at things nowadays is really simple. I ask myself if its really worth losing my shit for the sake of getting pissed at something I have absolutely no control over? I know for that brief few seconds afterwards I will feel good getting it off my chest, but I also know I'll freak out my wife and kids in the process, and then I have more guilt and remorse than I should have had I not reacted in the first place. Make sense?

There's no win-win answer. Just try to take care of yourself as bes as you can and try not to let outside influences push your buttons. It's easier said than done that's for sure, but trust me, don't do something that will screw you over in the long run. Look out for number one first and foremost! Don't take their bait!
BoltAction308
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2013-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by BoltAction308 on Thu 07 Mar 2013, 15:58

I forgot to add.... My shrink one day during a session told me what i didn't want to hear but at the same time, hearing him say it made a lot of sense to me. My shrink is ex-military and he too admitted how hard a transition it was for him as well to accept the fact that he is no longer a soldier and never will be a soldier again. With those words, he looked at me and said "You are not a soldier anymore and you never will be a soldier again and the sooner you recognize and accept that reality, the faster you can start the healing process.

I was pissed off when he said that but he was right. Here I was a "civy" yet had the mindset of a soldier and for whatever reason I had, I wouldn't or couldn't siassociate the fact that I was a civy.

It sucked for a long time afterwards, and it still does to this day, but I've finally come to terms that I am no longer a solder and never again will be a soldier.I served with pride and honour and had I been given the opportunity, I'd have been a lifelong soldier. Unfortunately that ended and the best i can do now is cherish my time I did have soldiering and hang onto the fact that I know I did good and I was a damned fine soldier even if I was 3B'd out.

Like i said above, look out for number one! It does get better!
BoltAction308
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2013-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired on Thu 07 Mar 2013, 19:31

You can take the soldier out of the military but you cannot take the military out of the soldier.
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by peep on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 18:57

I sure am glad we have that rumour spot now.

Keeps us civil.
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay on Sun 10 Mar 2013, 13:56

Same here Sapper, I check Csat for updates daily for the judge's decision.
I can't wait for the day we all get our money. No more being broke and I can finally move out of my monster-in-laws basement and get my own place.
I will be the happiest a-hole in the world Very Happy
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak on Mon 18 Mar 2013, 23:00

BTW...I just found an excerpt from my father, about my grand father in WW2. Check it out at RCMP/military history section under "Lost Platoon"
Chimo

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top