IMPORTANT VIP GRANT INFO

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: IMPORTANT VIP GRANT INFO

Post by Guest on Thu 07 Mar 2013, 09:41

Just got off the horn with vac, my so called cm, told me that I will be getting half of my last VIP entitlement and people who don't use there full amount will lose the extra , and their next VIP payment will reflect what they need and spend

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired on Thu 07 Mar 2013, 10:14

I have been using a service provider that was recommended by VAC for years. They bill VAC direct, simple and easy for me. My date is in July so called the service to see how things will work and was told that thus far all her veteran clients have received far less then what her company has been receiving. She indicated that the new process is very concerning to some of her elderly veterans and she has tried to deal with VAC to no avail. She too recognizes that the Conservative Government is trying to save money by reducing VAC staff as well as VIP Services. In short the Minister of VAC is full of it, lieing through his teeth about making things easier for the Veteran, what is really happening is that they are screwing us over yet again; just because they can! I found the following link regarding VIP services that may be of some help. Would like to know from those that have received anything yet if the rate scale table is being adhered to.
http://www.veterans.gc.ca/pdf/vip-nat-rat2013.pdf
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 07 Mar 2013, 10:21

does VIP info belong in Sisip ?

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired on Thu 07 Mar 2013, 10:25

No, nothing to do with SISIP it is part of the VAC benefit program.
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by liverlover on Thu 07 Mar 2013, 10:26

I received mine on 7 Feb, via direct deposit, smaller amount than initially calculated, so called and they told me that my first half was based on calculation of only 11 months because they had not yet actioned my claim for Jan. so it could not be calculated into the formula. But it would be added into the second portion of my payment. SO I receved money for my housecleaning, grounds, and windows. So taking all that nto account, mine is the same amount that I received monthly through the former process.

liverlover
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 07 Mar 2013, 10:28

Make sure everyone uses all there entitlement

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 07 Mar 2013, 14:51

EVERYONE

Liverlover don't forget

You will still need to send in receipts for Window cleaning the 2 six month deposits are only for housecleaning, grounds work only.

Any other entitlement you still have to send in the paperwork using the form.

Every one got paperwork last year on this matter.

Also I know people try to save the GOC a buck here and there but use you entitlements if not lose your entitlements.

Back to top Go down

Post by liverlover on Thu 07 Mar 2013, 15:08

Thanks, but I am still getting receipts for all my services, until everything is sorted out.

liverlover
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by BoltAction308 on Thu 07 Mar 2013, 16:08

Mine won't start until I receive a letter from VAC in October 2013, and at which point the lady told me to make sure i fill it out and return it otherwise I could be cut off.
Here's a twist .. My wife is ex-mil as well and her CM last month told her that she should also be entitled to VIP bt like i told her, how can that be possible when I'm already getting VIP? He (her CM) seems to think it makes no difference whether two vets live under the same roof but I'm pretty sure I'm right here. If I'm not right and she is entitled o VIP as well, I can assure you that we'd hire the grounds upkeep people and cleaning staff on a full time basis!
BoltAction308
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2013-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatfoot on Thu 07 Mar 2013, 16:53

My wife and I are both vets, and my CM, before she vanished, also said that VIP benefits are one per household.
My wife has VIP therefore I cannot.

Just what I was told.
Greatfoot
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2012-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieinNB on Thu 07 Mar 2013, 17:37

I am really confused, I use Molly Maid here in Fredericton and our cheque for VIP was more than what they were paying before this. Surprised to hear people are getting less... Very puzzling.

We lost our groundskeeping , supposedly, although I am wondering if that might be the difference. I won't pay my kids to mow the lawn or shovel the driveway and then bill the government to pay for it... somethings kids have to do just because they are part of a family! I am assuming once they move out and it is just us here we will be able to get it started again.

MaggieinNB
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Seaboxer on Thu 07 Mar 2013, 21:14

Molly Maid (Fredericton) is $65.00 an hr for two ladies to clean. The reason I went with Molly Maid was they direct billed, and are bonded & insured. They also were highly recommended by my CM at the time. Plain & simple VAC is cutting corners and $$. Funny thing is my grounds keeping amounts didn't change, despite the new calculator.

Seaboxer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2012-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird on Thu 07 Mar 2013, 21:35

News flash , I win , everyone else looses. Shocked

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1582
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieinNB on Thu 07 Mar 2013, 22:04

Well, according to the tables linked above, Fredericton gets the least amount per hour for housekeeping for the entire country!! Our amount must have included snow removal even though they said it didn't ... it doesn't make any sense at all... very nervous to see our July payment!

Did anyone get a breakdown of what they were getting paid for, on ours the cheque stub just said VIP services or something like that, no breakdown of how many hours or at what rates, etc.

MaggieinNB
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top