IMPORTANT VIP GRANT INFO

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: IMPORTANT VIP GRANT INFO

Post by teentitan on Sat 23 Mar 2013, 13:47

I tried to get some info on that table but like I said VAC is sitting on that one and not letting it out. I talked with him last month trying to get the info.

What everyone needs to remember here is if your grant is falling short you can call your CM for a re-assessment. At that time you can tell your CM you found the cheapest (only word I could think of) service provider and you are still short.

From the conversations with my CM to the ADM in charge of VIP they always say the same thing...re-assessment.

This is a new program that a lot of veteran organizations are watching and if it doesn't work then we will be all over it.

teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3243
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 23 Mar 2013, 14:14

well buds ive been trying to and hard but i aint got a dam thing.this should not be a state secret as we the vets need a referance as it seems thoes in my are the ones i spoke to on this issue are being given their rates from the wrong frackin table.it seems its verry easy to rob disabled vets by showing them one table and not even admitting another one even exists.

frackin pricks

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired on Sun 24 Mar 2013, 01:20

Well my service provider has told me that thus far every VAC client she has has received less then she has been billing directly to VAC. She indicated she was billing $24.70/hr for housekeeping and her clients have received an equivalent of about $15.00/hr and most of her clients are elderly vets and are extremely confused of the whole thing.
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 24 Mar 2013, 07:55

wow so they are charging the exact max rate of the published chart and they will not even pay that.i think thats a little fracked.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 on Sun 24 Mar 2013, 10:10

RCN...........from the way i read this note from the tables no current VIP recipients should have a lower grant amount coming it should be the same as charged last year even if its higher than whats in the table for your area.

Note : The National Rate Table is not used to convert current recipients of VIP housekeeping and grounds maintenance services from the Veterans Independence Program to a grant. The initial grant amount is calculated based on expenditures incurred in the past year and current needs. The Grant Determination Tool (and the associated National Rate Table) is used for new applications and to assess current needs when there has been a change in circumstances for the recipient.

cheers,
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

VIP Grant?

Post by Ex Member on Wed 24 Jul 2013, 19:07

Does anyone know how this works now! My VIP runs out 28 July 2013, and the grant begins. Do they deposit the grant on the 29 of July or is it six months from the 28 of July? Thanks

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman on Wed 24 Jul 2013, 19:22

Nav my VIP ran out feb 19 2013 my first payment was two or three days after the 19 th next payment August

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 24 Jul 2013, 19:41

So I should look to a payment a couple of days after the 28 of July then a payment 6 months later? Thanks Rifleman!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman on Wed 24 Jul 2013, 20:27

Yes

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by F foundry on Thu 25 Jul 2013, 23:32

Ok it ran out in july got my last payment in that month like every other month around the 6th and will get the new 6 month payment on the 26th of july, confirmed this by phone and will try to let you know if Money is in bank tomorrow or Monday, so NAVRAT it should be the 28 of Aug that you get your 6 month chq. You can always call DVA and confirm.
F foundry
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired on Sun 28 Jul 2013, 00:24

Nav, I got a letter telling me what they were going to give me as well as indicating that I should receive 1/2 within the next two weeks. My anniversary date was July 20, they reduced my housekeeping by almost $400 and grounds maintenance by about $500. Also stated I had till November to submit receipts for services that occurred prior to July 20. Looks like they are doing their damnedest to screw us here too.
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 28 Jul 2013, 10:10

Thanks, Chief! I had a feeling something was up with this. Expect more cuts to come,some of the legion guys have told me Vac is already using the""""well, you get sisip now excuse""""" implying that should make us happy, lol. We never really win!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 28 Jul 2013, 13:03

nav I got a call before mine started from blue cross they asked a bunch of questions witch I answered.then I asked a few myself one was why im getting minimum wage while others not paying service providing directly are getting as much as 19$ an hour and ones that are are getting the top rate on the first table. I was told by them the ones that send me the money it was probably an oversight and there is only one table they have it and its the only one they go by. my annual went up $800.00 a year. if you get a call from them make sure you talk to them nicely as not only your cm can give you an increase they can to.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by F foundry on Sun 28 Jul 2013, 14:25

Called on Fri and asked to confirm date, was told at first of the month it would be in buy the 26th and they said by wen via direct deposit again the story changes, no big deal will make sure by wen, saw no change in amount YET will let you know if it dose.
F foundry
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 28 Jul 2013, 17:30

Does VAC issue the VIP grant or does blue cross? Is it direct deposit or cheque? Thanks

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top