Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

TIME TO SPEAK FOR ELB FOLLOWING.ILL BREAK IT DOWN HOW I SEE IT

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TIME TO SPEAK FOR ELB FOLLOWING.ILL BREAK IT DOWN HOW I SEE IT

Post by Teentitan on Thu 28 Mar 2013, 16:19

Greatfoot yes it's law but one thing your CM did not tell you it is about payment. All that has to happen to change that law of payment is a memo to cabinet to adjust accordingly.

Look at how the ELB zero sum's were re-instated...off a memo to cabinet from VAC.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3293
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 28 Mar 2013, 16:16

Yes, and if you talk to alot of veterans, VAC is making Applying for ELB as tight as a beavers ass, and that is waterproof!

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatfoot on Thu 28 Mar 2013, 15:48

I spoke with my CM about it, SISIP was policy, therefore very easy to change, ELB is law, therefore not easy to change. She said it was highly unlikely that there be any further change to ELB other than what has occurred already.
Greatfoot
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2012-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 28 Mar 2013, 14:36

Please stop spreading rumours and talking of what you know nothing about. Don't promise us Vets on ELB anything that you have no knowledge or rights to talk about. There is nothing or no one that says that VAC will be paying retro to any of us as, that they are not compelled to stick to the court order at it is only against SISIP and not VAC. If you listened to the budget last week you will see that there was no money voted for us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Fri 22 Mar 2013, 12:54

meteck the ELB members are being taken care of.

In May when the gov't said they were not going to appeal LTD was re-instated for those already in receipt of LTD.
About a month later ELB was re-instated.

During the negotiations some of us zero sum clients had our LTD re-instated in Sept/Oct.
About 45 days later Nov/Dec ELB zero sum clients were re-instated.

So take the two examples above. Look at the agreement in place with the LTD going back to 1976. When the Judge gives his final approval I can say with 99.999% certainty ELB will go back to 2006.

Just to let you know in December I was talking to Blaney's Chief of Staff, VAC head lawyer, VAC ADM responsible for benefits, and a gaggle of other VAC employee's and asked them directly about ELB going back to 2006?

This was the answer..."If you are asking is there a memo to cabinet ready to be submitted once the final approval from the courts is done the answer is no. But if you are asking me will VAC go back to 2006 for ELB then there is a 99.999% certainty it will happen because ELB was 30-60 days behind negotiations. As it takes 30-60 days to process a memo to cabinet to correct the mistake for ELB clients."

Long way of saying meteck ELB retro will go to 2006.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3293
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

TIME TO SPEAK FOR ELB FOLLOWING.ILL BREAK IT DOWN HOW I SEE IT

Post by meteck on Fri 22 Mar 2013, 10:54

HI THERE.ive been on this site weekly for a year now.from everything i think i know ill try to explain why i think this is ho it will break down. year ago the numbers thrown around was anywhere from300 to 600 million for approx 4500 soldiers, elb gets a woody cause they just announced 40000 minimum for all vets on elb. the gvmnt is proud and brags this..3 months later BOOM.my pay jumps 940 clear a month more than the 40000. so now for say about 2500 of us we are happy campers right..fast forward to mar 19 2013.the vet ombudsmen clearly states that now that ALL the military personel have been delt with as it pertains to the clawback we need to focus on the rcmp who suffer from the same horseshit calculation.this tells me that EVERY soldier who was fucked over by the formula will be taken care of..now the nuber is 886 million and the number of those affected has grown to close to 7500 people..300 extra million.....2500 to 3000 new members being discussed...program started in 2006 or 2005 so wouldnt it be prudent to fix it all at one time and NEVER have to approach it again.this will be a massive PHOTO-media moment for them all..i have 0% worry that ill be seeing a retro check although a year ago on this very site i was told otherwise..paitence people and to all those who suffer alone and in pain my deepest aplogies and my thanks for what you people gave up for your country!!one college ridden ex weatherman!!!

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top