MORNING THERAPY FOR VETERANS

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MORNING THERAPY FOR VETERANS

Post by RobbieRoyal on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 09:27

I will start by asserting my reasons for writing this are two fold as they replicate my interpretations and observations and therefore directly relate to my justified position as a member of the SISIP Class Action Suit and a disabled military veteran with a distinguished service to Country. I will advise anyone that solicits to akin the likes of our lead Plaintiff then be advised you may wish to vacate the following post as I decline any approbation of the aforementioned individual. During a military career that bridged over 19 years of exact dedication and a sagacity of loyalty to subordinate, peer and leadership I sadly marched through the gates a damaged and overwhelmed man never to return as a soldier. I thought for years that I had been stripped of any legacy and deemed to be forgotten as an intrical part of our Canadian Military heritage. That was until I visited a web site called VVI and seen how other disabled veterans communicated about all subjects military on CSAT (Canadian Soldier Assistance Team). I resisted not a second and ventured into a totally new venue that afforded me an opportunity to feel like I had found soldiers like me, real soldiers with very real stories that I could identify with and even feel emotionally content to be among heroes. These heroes are not like regular people, no not a single civilian man or woman could match these veterans word for word be it profanity or just plain ole downhome jargon I was home among my kind. I met an ole friend that served with me in some pretty rough situations during the early years of the Balkan conflict. We speak regularly and have become that blameless prescription that takes us far away from our ailments. I am at times very emotional when I hear stories of my fellow soldiers and how the very struggles of being a soldier have become overshadowed by a deeper fight to survive in a world decreed by social programs designed to ostracize and alienate the very illnesses that debilitate them. I have also become a voice among other veterans I do not have to show my scars, or count my medals nor am I asked to wear a pair of black Cadillac’s to prove myself, but I do offer up my stories as all soldiers do. I have seen firsthand how a simple word can race a soldier back into the shadows of the gloomy world they vacated to join our little site. It appalls me that our veterans are bullied and oppressed by those that swore to defend their honour and re-establish a moral and ethical place once stole from them. I befriended our Lead Plaintiff and like many others I followed along and defended him against the odd heckler that took liberties in shooting down any ideal or comment that did not favor his heckling opinion. Then it happened, a bad day or and emotional toll that unhinged our Lead Plaintiff an attack so malicious and intense that I lost myself and went into battlefield mode. The attack was on one of my own friends and I struck back heartless and without thought against the offender. I could not understand the assault and why it struck so deep that day, others intervened with comments like; there he goes again, same ole same ole stuff, what an idiot and the negative posts did not stop. I was informed that the Lead Plaintiff routinely attacked anyone that disagreed with his ideals or anyone that questioned the position he took to lead the class. I realized hours later how right the members of CSAT SISIP where when I received a phone call from our Lead Plaintiff. I will not entertain any thoughts of posting of our conversation as it will accomplish nothing. It took over two weeks to gather up a mouthful of pride and offer an apology that was accepted and once again I continued to support the class action. Time and time again the insults and attacks continued to mount between members of CSAT and at times the Lead Plaintiff and yes I also participated and added to this craziness. Then the insults seriously took a turn for the worst, an attack on the emotionally disabilities of certain members on CSAT by our Lead Plaintiff. These veterans escaped from the watchful eyes that once judged them as camouflaged malingerers only to find CSAT as a place that did not judge them for their physical or psychological imperfections but embraced them as warriors and friends. I do not understand but I can give an opinion as to why our Lead Plaintiff reacted in this manner. I know for a fact that the individuals our Lead Plaintiff viciously attacked have had very traumatic battle situations in some of the most violent regions within Canadian Area of Operations. With rants about demeaning these individuals and their mental health issues as being the sole reason for their lack of knowledge and understanding of any procedures he invaded the most valued camaraderie among veterans he slammed the door of shame on PTSD and opened a wound that many have been seeking professional assistance for years. A wound so profound that one individual had to seek immediate psychological assistance and found himself right back to where he started 11 years ago as a decorated war veteran alone and tossed out the gate trying to dignify life. You ask yourself if this is justified behavior and that we members of a military community need to open our hearts and minds to this sort of abuse. That is a question that I am unable to find any resolution or rationalization as it will find confrontation in my moral ideals as a soldier and a human. As a representative of injured veterans and an injured soldier himself with chronic depression I ask what makes his health disposition far more credible than a war veteran. I feel his need to cut and paste the many negative posts on his Face Book page empowered him to control a conversation in a private domain among friends he selected where as he could not entertain the same in this open forum. I feel that the level of abuse is far from one sided and I know that our Lead Plaintiff has struggled through a battlefield of litigation and personal highs and lows but I also know that he has stated numerous times he has become invested and has grown huge shoulders that allowed him to continue each day. Continually attacking veterans, posting and reposting just the negative comments depicting our Lead Plaintiff as a man that continually receives threats and personal attacks on his character to insight a “pity me, look at what they have done to me force field” environment is childish at best and one with a severe superiority complex. According to our Lead Plaintiff he was justified when he utilized his own state of mental health for belittlement due to the constant pressures and demands place upon himself. I feel a deep sense of loss for our CSAT veteran community and I do hope that our heroes will come back as we need you, I need you and our country needs you. The stories that have been told here are very credible and very real and I hope that among soldiers we are allowed to be real, no bullies, no egos, no limelight seekers just men and women that can march out of that darkness with dignity and sense of pride as humans. Credibility is right that is earned and rewarded with mutual respect and devotion win or lose. So if you are asking me what I recommend or what do I propose as any course of action I will tell you straight out this place was designed for our veterans and in this place we are all equal, we are all soldiers and we are free from oppression and bullies. Lead Plaintiff you crossed that line and I offer you no recourse as you have no credibility and no apology will diminish the damage you have inflicted. I have educated myself about mental health issues and therefore I am not ignorant but you yourself must have missed some classes because you have placed a dark cloud over many CSAT members and other veterans that visit CSAT with your thoughtless criticisms about one’s mental health. I maybe an ingrate when dealing with your law suit and the procedures, so how about we school you with regards to treatment to veterans and you school us about the law suit.
A man that beats people with a stick is called a brute, a man that beats people with their very own limitations is called a bully. Is there really any difference?
If you answered no then I will enlighten you, with the real truth. You know you may be beaten down by the stick but when you trust an individual to respect your illness would you expect to be beaten down by that trust.
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Re: MORNING THERAPY FOR VETERANS

Post by Guest on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 09:36

If you RR, Bigrex, Rags got together and wrote a book......I would buy 10 copies...All 3 of you have so much wisdom to add and have very special gifts.

Thanks for your contributions....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 09:38

Hey good morning Steve , RR

Incredible write up , makes me feel proud , extremely proud to have served along side you for so many years , & call you my Brother....

For Country
retired Army Master Sniper
dave Fitzpatrick
Family of .......7.......

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 09:39

I am actually ready to complete my first draft on my first book as we speak and I thank you for your comment APB.
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 09:40

Dave you cannot escape being my brother and I will honour that till my dying days, Pro Patria and Fair Winds
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 09:43

RR:If you, Br, Rags with Dennis and his legals could sort through the conflict ...The complete veterans story could be told....

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianInfidel on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 10:03

My Royal brother Steve. You hit every angle about this character on the head. Makes me think of a "small man syndrome". Big tough guy behind emails and posts, but in reality, he is nothing more than a weak person, preying on other vets misfortunes. Yes he did go to bat for all of us, but regardless of his past honourable actions, one would think his current slander on us depicts a different objective he had to begin with. It was about him, not us at the beginning. His best interest, not ours. Money is the root of evil, and his true colors were shown.
CanadianInfidel
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2013-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 10:12

Nice post Steve. Very much what needs to have been said.

Aurthur, unfortunately, those bridges have been burnt and no amount of Combat Engineers can repair them. At this point, I fear the most cordial thing we can do is nod to each other from opposite sides of the gap.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3054
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 10:24

I have no doubt friendship will unfold with time.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 10:40

Honestly, for all we know, Dennis may have gone into the lawyers office simply with the intention of getting HIS money back, and it was PD that said his case wouldn't garner enough support to win against the GoC, so it was best done as a class action, so that we ALL get our money. Invoking images of severely broken soldiers left with very little due to the clawback would sway public opinion much more than a single individual who says he has a broken back, yet doesn't even walk with a limp. In fact, if it had been left up to the merits, of Dennis' individual circumstances, the legal fees would not have been reduced because even the judge stated that spending $3000 in legal fees for a return of $10000 in not unreasonable, but goes on to say that the same percentage of much higher awards would be depriving to the Veterans. So if anything, Dennis should be thanking all of the Moderate to severely disabled Veterans that allowed him to invoke those images and stories of broken soldiers, to help him win, and even allowed him to keep a little bit extra of his money.

Your Welcome Dennis

Last edited by bigrex on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 12:37; edited 1 time in total
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3054
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 10:43

I agree with Rex, I along with many here have tried to repair that distance, call it a bridge call it a road call it whatever you like, It is not about the hard surface that carries the load or burden it is about the soul that has been paved over time after time and the water under the bridge is a torrent of rage that is impassable even with time. It looks ascetically correct but rage is still rage and that temptation to exploit others will never cease, it cannot it is a disease.
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianInfidel on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 11:21

Well put Bigrex. I totally agree with you. Troops, always be wary of smoke and mirrors.
CanadianInfidel
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2013-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 11:43

First off "This is one HELL of a community!!!" You are all worthy of a round of applause from the CSAT Forum Master.

Robbie...no words can describe what you said. The hits and comments say it all.

As the SISIP lawsuit winds down to a conclusion another fight with the GoC is about to start the Equitas lawsuit.

We have all learned lessons on how a community should interact with each other, respect each other, work with each other. As challenging as the SISIP LTD issue was the NVC is a steeper hill and will require a whole different strategy. If we act like we have the GoC will pick us apart and keep the high ground.

We are the teachers for the injured veterans of the NVC. We need to lead by example and help them win their legal fight with the GoC. We need to be stronger community leaders in the way we act, speak, communicate with each other, NVC vets, the lead plaintiffs, and the law firm.

So let's ponder our previous mistakes and make sure we do not carry them forward. As they say if you fail to learn from your history then you are doomed to repeat it.
teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3225
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Will's Ridge on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 16:31

RR....thanks for the huge paragraphs written above as it does give me strength as i can see perfectly where you are coming from. The rude comments by a certain individual did indeed knock the wind out of my sails. yes, words such as Bully do ring true.

Will's Ridge
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2012-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 16:35

Stay strong, Wills, I heard retro can buy a shit load of seal flipper pie!

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top