MORNING THERAPY FOR VETERANS

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MORNING THERAPY FOR VETERANS

Post by Will's Ridge on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 17:44

Hey, don't mess with my flipper pie, its right sum good bye.
Anyway, a dude called Maslow wrote what he thought are the 5 needs of us humans. They are called Maslow's laws and are as follows:
Pysiological (food , shelter clothing)
Safety (safe from enemies, predators etc)
Social (interaction with fellow humans, part of group IE. CSAT)
Esteem (feeling good about oneself)
Self Actualization (realizing your goals, asperations etc)

The blanket rude comments made toward us CSAT members mainly affects the fourth need of Esteem but also touches on Social and Self Actualization. Just something to ponder.

Peace, Love and Bobby Sherman

Will's Ridge
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2012-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by PBaumer on Thu 11 Apr 2013, 00:12

now that's why I joined csat last summer
----to protect &support those who needed help
---to stand up to those who would take advantage of us
---to educate those who misunderstand us
---to learn how I can understand myself
---to never enter into that dance of authority thinking they can make me feel like I don't deserve help, or even deserve to live
----
I have seen the lead plaintiff the way he has been for years &still I kept giving him a break while he stepped on those I cared about---I feel ashamed that I did not stand up to him on csat until this past summer---I owe him no apology whatsoever---- but I owe my fellow soldiers one for not believing they would see the damage he was causing---I was wrong---you have seen what I saw &I am freakin' inspired ---
as bigrex writes---he should be thanking us for not just making his legal fees lower but for giving him so many chances we would never have given anyone else---
that bridge aint worth repairing now

PBaumer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2012-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Thu 11 Apr 2013, 05:33

PBaumer Welcome aboard my friend and be rest assured many have seen these antics and many have made comments but the bottom line was we did not understand how the system worked, we had no idea that we could have hired our own lawyer and had him removed as Lead Plaintiff due to his ongoing emotional and destructive behavior. Now that the suit is all but done and the checks will sent out veterans are now in post suit mode and obviously very disgusted by the actions and performance from the latest attacks on disabled veterans. I am glad you are here and are one of the ones assisting vets.
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Thu 11 Apr 2013, 09:09

Ok sorry for the long winded post troops but if ya know me then you know I can't shut the hell up. So with that I will relay quickly a conversation I had over the phone in regards to the post. In summary my intent is and always will be that we as veterans do not need to compete with each other when it comes to issues dealing with our illnesses or our limitations. We are whoever allowed to compete when it comes to telling our hero stories lol and why not but we have to respect our society and never never use any disability against each other. I earned my disability and I live with it, I may not like it but I am proud of my dedication to serving with, along side of, in front of, behind of and occasionally above (jumper thing lol) any and all of you soldiers. I am humbled to be among greatness and I want to thank Ron Cundell AKA DeanTeen for allowing VVI to represent all soldiers, past present and future, may all our stories find a heart and a special place within our Canadian Heritage. Ok shutting up now.
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak on Thu 11 Apr 2013, 09:25

RobbieRoyal...thanks for the most eloquent post. Your words hung in the air this morning. Thick, meaningful, graceful. I sit here awakening from a tough night of pain, nursing a coffee, and see the thought process and indeed the man behind the words. You are a warrior poet. I almost feel lighter, released from guilt and shame. The guilt and shame most here understand, of shortened careers, missing and broken limbs, unfulfilled dreams and the other dark things we dare not discuss. As for the rest who posted in follow-up, I thank you for either agreeing with the written words or adding your own. This day will be better. I thank you all. Holdfast...wait one...
Sapper

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Thu 11 Apr 2013, 10:36

Damn it Sapper you got me brother, I am emphatically clad with that air you speak of thank you, seriously it feels awesome to reach into a community such as ours and actually feel alive.
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Thu 11 Apr 2013, 11:46

Hey Robbie I think everyone here will tell you when it's time to "shut the hell up". Until then fill your boots!!!

When I got the "Dear John" letter from wife #1 in Alert I signed up for a college night class called "Using divorce and separation as a time for growth". One of the healing therapies was talk about the relationship.

So why not talk about our injuries (mental and physical) to help us understand our pain and suffering. Maybe learn a tip or two we did not know about on how to deal with the problem. But most of all this community is, mostly, made up of broken soldiers so we already "understand" where each one of us is coming from and what we have to deal with.

This is the place where "suffering in silence" is not allowed!
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 14 Apr 2013, 15:58

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

First, have unshakeable faith that can stand the ridicule of the ignorant, worldly and the low-minded. When someone ridicules you, reflect within yourself - Are they ridiculing my body or soul? If they are ridiculing my body, they are helping me develop detachment! Ridiculing the soul is impossible, for, the Atma is beyond praise or blame, words or thoughts. Then repeat to yourself, “I am the Eternal Self, Pure and Immovable (Nirmala, Nischala) and so I must transcend this feeling.” Secondly, do not worry about ups and downs, loss or gain, joy or grief. You are the creator of your own destiny. You crave for something - when you get it, you feel joyful! If you don’t get it, you are in despair. Cut the craving off, and there will be no more swings between joy and grief. Finally, be convinced in the Omnipresence of Divinity.
-BABA

Don't know who BABA is but He or She makes sense.
Good Luck All.
Cheers
John.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags on Mon 15 Apr 2013, 08:10

Robbie, Nicely done!

"Shades of Grey" would have been fully written 8 years ago but War Crimes Tribunal and now SISIP fight kinda make a nice last few chapters. Watch and shoot soldiers untold story of Canadas forgotten war is comming.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Mon 15 Apr 2013, 17:56

Thanks buddy your adopting the royal creed, shoot first and ask questions later very fitting.
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Tue 30 Apr 2013, 08:08

I have come back from a good time, jumped in on a few conversations while i was gone so I will make this brief troops. You are never alone your a message away from help, never feel alone never feel defeated just feel alive and feel the knowledge that we are trying to give you. For FACK sakes ask and we will help the best we can, we will table the question and together get you answers thats what we do VETS FOR VETS VETS HELPING VETS
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sailor964 on Tue 30 Apr 2013, 12:29

A very powerful message.
sailor964
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Thu 02 May 2013, 09:05

When You Help Yourself
I live next door to Vic, he is a normal guy works 8 to 4 and has been at the same job for over 30 years. He always comments on how it must have been cool to have been a soldier, travel the world see places and things that normal people do not ever see. I finally broke the normal chit chat the other day when Vic asked me if I had some old combats or military gear he could have for when he goes hunting.
I said, “ Vic, you know how life works and how you ask me all the time how life was in the military well I finally have an answer for you.” “You see Vic you have what every military guy wants and yet you ask about what you do not have, I would not trade the life of a soldier for what others fail to see as normal but I ask myself all the time what is normal.”
“I loved the morning parades dressed in a sea of maroon and running through the camp at 0630 rain sleet, snow or a blazing heat wave, hell I loved the deployments and the tireless 40 hours per day.” “I loved challenging myself physically and mentally, knowing when to duck, knowing when to weave, knowing when to stand my ground and knowing when to leave.” “It is about the guy in front of you or beside you and behind you Vic it is not about the tours, the blood, the sweat, the dark little corner you seek to get away from it all, nope it is about camaraderie it is about a sea of military testosterone made for one with that Red and White Maple Leaf on my shoulder.”
“Now you Vic have what I have not been able to have and hopefully you can understand what I am going to point out to you. You have a wife and she gets you, my wonderful wife knows my every moment including the darkest moments within a life. I often feel great shame in putting her through my chosen career I often wish she didn’t know me. You have never been divorced while most everyone I know from my military environment has been divorced at least once. Your children do not run from you and for the most part they have had the same friends since early childhood. Mine run from me because they only know me when I am home and usually that is for about 2months out of the year and they have had to adjust to every social environment that I dragged them into. Your children call you daddy mine call me “You can’t tell me what to do”. You have never fixed anything because everything you own is under warranty, you can be late for work and they take away a couple of bucks here and there. I was never late for my work because the Country I swore to protect never slept and if I slept then someone died.”
“Seems harsh Vic but the real reality of soldiering is when you stand in front of a man such as yourself and tell him, “It would have been cool being you, but as life would have it I am me and I can only be me through people like you”.
The moral of this story troops, You will always be ONE so when the “Front Gate” closes behind you find your way through life as a veteran and befriend a guy like Vic after all inside every civilian is a little ‘Airborne Trooper” at heart. Final note, “Tough guys will always retain their legacy, but it will not tarnish your soul if you ask for help, so drop the tough guy act I won’t judge you in fact I will help you”
VETS HELPING VETS, thanks VIC.
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Disney180 on Thu 02 May 2013, 10:58

Very well said..Robbie

Disney180
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2013-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Fri 03 May 2013, 07:53

You Just Gotta Laugh
When we all sat around the canteen regardless of rank we all engaged in “Rumor Control” hey why not it was simple, harmless and never once did any of it come into fruition. It was a place to incite either pure hatred for your officers or superiors and at times a place to hack on your buddies, I am more than inclined to go with the latter and when it all ended you went back to work feeling good to pull one over. Well today is no different my fellow Warriors, as today like yesterday we based all our “abilities to start a rumor” on factual characters and information. You all remember the huge deployments to Wainwright well this is the same thing as a court order or a signed agreement difference being we are only concerned with a few words here and there and anything in between is, well for the “Officers”. We knew the dates and roughly we had an idea as to what our units would be doing. Well today we have a start date and an end date, sure a few timings in the middle of the training plan are missing but we know within the “Time Window” something will happen that effects each and every one of us. So what I am trying to say is nothing has changed from the days in the canteen so start a rumor and laugh your ass off but don’t be shocked when your day comes just keep on hacking on someone.
My rumor is that when we get our “Field Pay” the Navy will have to find eighty canoes, paint them Gold Blue and Black and learn the words to “Black Bear” before getting paid. Seriously
You Just Gotta Laugh Troops
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top