Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

MORNING THERAPY FOR VETERANS

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MORNING THERAPY FOR VETERANS

Post by georges on Thu 05 Mar 2015, 10:29

hy Robbie was going throus all the times I came back from a tour and was wandering wy we always want more. More of the pain, suffering and harship's. Discused it whit a fellow fire fighter and he almost gave me the answer. He said I have not changed he said. Every day we are out there fighting fire, pulling victims out of cars, hell yesterday we retrieved a man hanging up side donw 40 feet of the groud in bad shape! I guess he is right, we need to be in the front lines, going to bed with the deep impression we did SOME good. I can't stand and fight anymore, so I fond some thing esle to fight. Defferent pile same sense of acomplichement. The big difference is that in this line of work I sleep in a good bed every night and always washed. So now I understand that we have not changed, For me it's just a different task. Tel me, were do you find your will to carry on, is this place your new fighting field?

georges
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2015-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Thu 05 Mar 2015, 09:17

You’re the last person I thought I would ever see here

Dressed in gratuitous maroon regimental attire
Soon to be the recipient of ritualized ire
From the shadows of that legendary “3 Commando Shack”
That “Cherry” odor seemed to entice each enthusiastic attack

A compulsory evil not yet an insurmountable feat
Surely this banter would end and soon disappear
Until daunting the words from a formidable pathfinder named Pete
“You’re the last person I thought I would ever see here”

How do you respond to words so ominous and inane?
Knowing all ears revere that legendary vocal tirade
Bitting my lip I had everything to lose and yet nothing to gain
Acceptance and defeat the path I preferred and made

Sounds kind of absurd how one needs to be schooled
A simple test of brotherhood nothing about rank
A challenge of individuality that is what is ridiculed
Very real just as is the blade attached to a Fairbain shank

Some will understand what drives your fear from deep inside
Others condemn this ritual as unnecessary, cruel and vain
While Paratroopers learn quickly you have to earn this pride
Those that lack that appeal obviously abstain.

This test or ritual is far from ever complete
During the time your wearing the infamous maroon beret
You always find ways to challenge yourself and compete
It is a demand you place upon yourself night and day

You will eventually be placed in that very same light
Recognizing a new soldier or one from yesteryear
They will know your intentions as they accept that “Right”
Resound loudly “You’re the last person I thought I would ever see here”

20 years ago today I stood on a parade square and when I was dismissed I cried and I was lost. Today I remember and give thanks to those that challenged me and allowed me to be there. AIRBORNE
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:22

ya Robbi we were there our plt anyway bruse king was our WO , chipper and the rest of HOTEL stayed in the main camp but we stayed there. a lot of name's do slip my memory but moast of everything elce does not. guess you never seen the brow boys ya would have remembered that. got ray el of er one night and everyone that walked by the room got invited in foe a drink and subsequently was pinned down and got single eyebrow shaved. it was kinda funny till chipper decided to show up the next day for a visit then welllll it got a little less funny.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Wed 04 Mar 2015, 09:49

because george like a true soldier we knew our tasking was incomplete and even today we soldiers still feel that sense of incompletion. I write this to remind myself that is ok to feel incomplete as the only real problem most have is we do this alone, I enjoy not being alone and in my thoughts and words I am more complete than I was yesterday. I have never had a chance to heal as I was always alone in thought. These are good days albeit reliving our past is up-routing evil that most want to hide, I will hide nothing as that is what the evil is, absolutely nothing. Thanks george i am glad you read this make my day brother
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by georges on Wed 04 Mar 2015, 09:14

Hy Robbie, was filling a little slow this morning starting with the useul sore neck and streching some parts that need dayley attention....
So as usual I did my meds, eat and now doing my dayly paper work. Then I come here for the last stuff. Robbie you sent me back some 15 years!!! Felt your pain go throught me this morning. To bad we can share this feeling with every body in canada all at once. I would ad one thing to you great post. After are fisrt tour, wy did we all aske for more????

georges
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2015-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Wed 04 Mar 2015, 08:27

my bad meant Hotel with Chipper and Ronnie Furlotte and yup we took a spot south in Tetovo ole police station but I don't recall you guys being there

Last edited by RobbieRoyal on Wed 04 Mar 2015, 09:37; edited 1 time in total
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 03 Mar 2015, 23:24

hotel was in Komanovo exept one of its platoons witch was in tetavo .

remember WO king and sgt nedo I know you know him . ever wonder why they were in the building like every day or wonder who the clowns were living upstairs or maybe who peed in your WO,s running shoes as they were drying on the ledge ????

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Tue 03 Mar 2015, 21:26

goof troop was in Komanovo and we where in Tetavo
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 03 Mar 2015, 19:15

Mcpl Robinson Recce Platoon 2 RCR
April 1993

lol guess we lived in the same building in Macedonia not in the main camp but that crap town past scopji I cant remember the name of for a bit . was in that rifle platoon that had the brow boys lol .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 on Tue 03 Mar 2015, 19:01

Robbie that is one awesome piece of writing. If there is a book out of all this I would luv to read it.
VVV...over and out
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Tue 03 Mar 2015, 16:55

As I stood next to the bus the direction of my weapon pointing downward symbolized what had just transpired over the last six months. I had just witnessed things that I would have never thought possible, war was supposed to be soldiers killing soldiers. I had seen first hand the opposite, hundreds of thousands of displaced refuges and the slaughter of thousands more. I had seen the death of a good honest soldier way to young to die for what we represented in The Former Yugoslavia. I was neither happy to go home and in the same breath I couldn’t wait to leave. I was torn in two, I believed I still had a job to do and yet I was able to leave that to the next rotation. The visual library in my brain was filled to the limit and if I had to imprint one more image I knew I would burst a vein. I was sick, tired, pissed off, confused and felt like I had just wasted six months of our tax payers dollars. I was amazed at how easy it was to shut it off as soon as I heard someone yell, “Unload, clear weapons.”
I was not even concerned that the magazines were empty and packed away in my webb gear along with the bolt of my service rifle. The weapons bags flung open and each and every one of us placed the weapons on top of each other, while the Quarter Master Staff barked out the next items to be turned in. I flung my dirty flack vest towards a bin and almost in an instant felt totally naked and unprotected. The majority of the platoon laughed and started the planning phase of what was going to transpire in twenty or so hours across the Atlantic. I took one last exhausted breath of a place that I had called home and wondered what a truly civilized nation would offer this tired soul when I got home. I tried to wipe the images from my mind as my hand grasped the cold metal handrail that launched me upwards and into the bus. The cold metal handrail was the most realistic thing I had held in my hands in many months. As I rolled closer to the air terminal I couldn’t even look at this place without welling up inside.

Mcpl Robinson Recce Platoon 2 RCR
April 1993
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired on Wed 25 Feb 2015, 03:37

Just came home from Palm Springs, there is a USO there great service.
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Sun 15 Feb 2015, 17:27

Thanks Rucksack031 awesome LEG work lol, seriously awesome info brother and thanks again for the kind words. I still plan on tossing out the odd catch-phrase jiggles lol. Have a good one Troops
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 15 Feb 2015, 08:43

Well there rucksack that is some good info there, did not have a clue that existed, thanks for that.

You are one of the lucky ones in Florida, many of us here in the east are in what you may call a snow - bomb - blizzard, looking out my window now and can't see a thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by rucksack031 on Sat 14 Feb 2015, 22:31

Well Steve , when one thinks your poems cant get any better, dam dam so dam good brother. Keep them coming as it sure serves a purpose that many can relate to. Well Steve being here down in Florida for a while now, I thought I would use your forum to inform all VETS, should they be travelling to and from USA airports, they should look up and ask what ever airport they may be in if they have a Veterans lounge, as many do. I personally use them, what an amazing resource the USA has put in place for vets, I tell you straight up they sure look after there vets, Its be a while but to be treated like one of there own was such a humbling moment. I like many do not do good in crowds and these lounges allow not only myself but other vets to decompress . All you need is a piece of ID showing your a vet of active, you sign in and you can bring your family with you, they offer free of charge comfortable couches, some have beds, tv, internet, videos, books,game for children,cell phone chargers, free snack,beverages, ect and did I mention FREE, they are none profit. hours of opp are 9am till 9pm . I just used the one at Miami airport was great had a 9 hr delay ot was a god sent. We need stuff like this in Canada, more of use might get out and travel. here is the web at one I just left www.militaryloungemiami.com. All of this volunteer most ex military vets, and active also, the man working the day we were there was 86yrs old veteran of many conflicts. Any how just check out the airport you are going to see if they provide that service, you wont regret it. RUCKSACK031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top