MORNING THERAPY FOR VETERANS

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MORNING THERAPY FOR VETERANS

Post by William Hurl on Mon 06 May 2013, 08:45

The only way the case had any chance was as a class action. Lawyers would not have even touched this if it were not for the number of plaintiffs and cash available. But I think most of the members are unable to compute this. I have tried to explain to some, to no avail. We won this case, simply because of our numbers.

William Hurl
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2013-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Mon 06 May 2013, 09:57

Good morning Mr.Hurl, I do not wish to squash your comment because there is validity in the statement it's self but I will add that this could have been settled out of court as early as 2010 and our lead plaintiff would have benefitted greatly, however it was the law firm of MC that decided to direct our lead plaintiff into making his law suit a class action, absolutely correct it was about the numbers and a huge financial windfall for MC. Bottom line however is that it is all but over and I am great-full that I will receive what is mine and what was stolen from me by more than just the government of this country. My fellow veterans here on CSAT have been treated in a gross and unprofessional manner by all parties involved, from the GOC, Manuge and MC but through a foundation built on trust, respect and equality we all will continue to assist each other long after this class action is over. I do not like the term numbers or bodies as we are all individuals with a story to tell and hopefully never have to live again, I respect your views Mr. Hurl but what would you have done differently in regards to the suit as a whole?
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1654
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 06 May 2013, 10:01

deleted

Last edited by Sparrow on Mon 06 May 2013, 12:13; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by William Hurl on Mon 06 May 2013, 10:07

I meant no offense. Just stating the lousy realities of trying to sue large, powerful entities. Class actions are usually the only successful way, because there is strength in numbers.

William Hurl
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by William Hurl on Mon 06 May 2013, 10:09

I should have used the term class members I guess.

William Hurl
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Mon 06 May 2013, 10:27

none taken my brother, and your right huge amount of pressure on these entities when the client list is huge. I believe more would have been accomplished if the public had been fully informed and a campaign (not a smear) initiated against the GOC that would have allowed the public access into the illegal actions against veterans and other federal groups that used these Insurance Policies. Knowledge is paramount in all social aspects of the employment world, signing a policy that is law under the QR&O's and CFAO's is one thing but ensuring that the policy is mandated under signature alone is another.
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by William Hurl on Mon 06 May 2013, 10:31

Bang on. I agree 100%. Politicians react to pressure from large numbers, individuals mean very little to bureaucrats and MP's.

William Hurl
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Mon 06 May 2013, 10:34

There should have been NO GAG order period that is why we become numbers and not 7500 individual voices. We collectively had a 24 hour period where we could voice our concerns. We should have had 87,000 hours to interact with the legal team and elected veterans to assist and inform the class as a whole along side of our Lead Plaintiff. this was a one man show so in reality it was far from a class action as it was more of a follow on exercise where you as an individual just rode the pony and picked up the crap after it was all said and done.
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by William Hurl on Mon 06 May 2013, 10:40

Your singin the choir brother. I have found myself on the wrong side of Mr. Manuge, for voicing concerns. The only thing I can say is I am glad it is almost over, I have lost some respect for some members of the class and the way they blindly follow Mr.Manuge and the lawyers. At some point he became a tool used by the lawyers to pat us on the head and shut us up. In any event he has to live his live, along with his followers. I will go about my life business as usual. No regrets, move on as always.

William Hurl
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Mon 06 May 2013, 10:42

whoahhhhhhhhhhhhhha roger that, I like you Mr. Hurl
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Mon 06 May 2013, 11:07

I agree, the day they imposed the gag order, is the day the class got shut out of the Law suit. I am some what satisfied with the final verdict, however, I think that if the gag order had not been imposed, it would have ease a lot of members minds, and would have open the door to more individuals being able to add their perspectives towards the class action as it progressed. Thank god for CSAT, this is where I got most of my info throughout the ordeal, that help to ease my mind, many times throughout the process. Thanks to all the members of CSAT for this.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4784
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by William Hurl on Mon 06 May 2013, 13:22

I just noticed that Mr.Mauge is running his mouth yet again on Facebook about some of the posts on this site. It is laughable that he blocks any dissent on his site, and will not post on here. Making a complete fool of himself and showing his true colours. He has the nerve to talk about heroes. Please. I guess only sheep fall into his version of heroism.

William Hurl
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 06 May 2013, 13:29

You re laughable, should get a life or a dog

Back to top Go down

Post by William Hurl on Mon 06 May 2013, 13:30

Another disciple of Saint Dennis.

William Hurl
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 06 May 2013, 13:32

No, just greatful of where we are, and its not because of you!

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top