Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

MORNING THERAPY FOR VETERANS

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MORNING THERAPY FOR VETERANS

Post by RobbieRoyal on Thu 11 Apr 2013, 05:33

PBaumer Welcome aboard my friend and be rest assured many have seen these antics and many have made comments but the bottom line was we did not understand how the system worked, we had no idea that we could have hired our own lawyer and had him removed as Lead Plaintiff due to his ongoing emotional and destructive behavior. Now that the suit is all but done and the checks will sent out veterans are now in post suit mode and obviously very disgusted by the actions and performance from the latest attacks on disabled veterans. I am glad you are here and are one of the ones assisting vets.
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by PBaumer on Thu 11 Apr 2013, 00:12

now that's why I joined csat last summer
----to protect &support those who needed help
---to stand up to those who would take advantage of us
---to educate those who misunderstand us
---to learn how I can understand myself
---to never enter into that dance of authority thinking they can make me feel like I don't deserve help, or even deserve to live
----
I have seen the lead plaintiff the way he has been for years &still I kept giving him a break while he stepped on those I cared about---I feel ashamed that I did not stand up to him on csat until this past summer---I owe him no apology whatsoever---- but I owe my fellow soldiers one for not believing they would see the damage he was causing---I was wrong---you have seen what I saw &I am freakin' inspired ---
as bigrex writes---he should be thanking us for not just making his legal fees lower but for giving him so many chances we would never have given anyone else---
that bridge aint worth repairing now

PBaumer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2012-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Will's Ridge on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 17:44

Hey, don't mess with my flipper pie, its right sum good bye.
Anyway, a dude called Maslow wrote what he thought are the 5 needs of us humans. They are called Maslow's laws and are as follows:
Pysiological (food , shelter clothing)
Safety (safe from enemies, predators etc)
Social (interaction with fellow humans, part of group IE. CSAT)
Esteem (feeling good about oneself)
Self Actualization (realizing your goals, asperations etc)

The blanket rude comments made toward us CSAT members mainly affects the fourth need of Esteem but also touches on Social and Self Actualization. Just something to ponder.

Peace, Love and Bobby Sherman

Will's Ridge
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2012-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 16:35

Stay strong, Wills, I heard retro can buy a shit load of seal flipper pie!

Back to top Go down

Post by Will's Ridge on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 16:31

RR....thanks for the huge paragraphs written above as it does give me strength as i can see perfectly where you are coming from. The rude comments by a certain individual did indeed knock the wind out of my sails. yes, words such as Bully do ring true.

Will's Ridge
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2012-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 11:43

First off "This is one HELL of a community!!!" You are all worthy of a round of applause from the CSAT Forum Master.

Robbie...no words can describe what you said. The hits and comments say it all.

As the SISIP lawsuit winds down to a conclusion another fight with the GoC is about to start the Equitas lawsuit.

We have all learned lessons on how a community should interact with each other, respect each other, work with each other. As challenging as the SISIP LTD issue was the NVC is a steeper hill and will require a whole different strategy. If we act like we have the GoC will pick us apart and keep the high ground.

We are the teachers for the injured veterans of the NVC. We need to lead by example and help them win their legal fight with the GoC. We need to be stronger community leaders in the way we act, speak, communicate with each other, NVC vets, the lead plaintiffs, and the law firm.

So let's ponder our previous mistakes and make sure we do not carry them forward. As they say if you fail to learn from your history then you are doomed to repeat it.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3304
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianInfidel on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 11:21

Well put Bigrex. I totally agree with you. Troops, always be wary of smoke and mirrors.
CanadianInfidel
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2013-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 10:43

I agree with Rex, I along with many here have tried to repair that distance, call it a bridge call it a road call it whatever you like, It is not about the hard surface that carries the load or burden it is about the soul that has been paved over time after time and the water under the bridge is a torrent of rage that is impassable even with time. It looks ascetically correct but rage is still rage and that temptation to exploit others will never cease, it cannot it is a disease.
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 10:40

Honestly, for all we know, Dennis may have gone into the lawyers office simply with the intention of getting HIS money back, and it was PD that said his case wouldn't garner enough support to win against the GoC, so it was best done as a class action, so that we ALL get our money. Invoking images of severely broken soldiers left with very little due to the clawback would sway public opinion much more than a single individual who says he has a broken back, yet doesn't even walk with a limp. In fact, if it had been left up to the merits, of Dennis' individual circumstances, the legal fees would not have been reduced because even the judge stated that spending $3000 in legal fees for a return of $10000 in not unreasonable, but goes on to say that the same percentage of much higher awards would be depriving to the Veterans. So if anything, Dennis should be thanking all of the Moderate to severely disabled Veterans that allowed him to invoke those images and stories of broken soldiers, to help him win, and even allowed him to keep a little bit extra of his money.

Your Welcome Dennis

Last edited by bigrex on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 12:37; edited 1 time in total
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3194
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 10:24

I have no doubt friendship will unfold with time.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 10:12

Nice post Steve. Very much what needs to have been said.

Aurthur, unfortunately, those bridges have been burnt and no amount of Combat Engineers can repair them. At this point, I fear the most cordial thing we can do is nod to each other from opposite sides of the gap.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3194
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianInfidel on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 10:03

My Royal brother Steve. You hit every angle about this character on the head. Makes me think of a "small man syndrome". Big tough guy behind emails and posts, but in reality, he is nothing more than a weak person, preying on other vets misfortunes. Yes he did go to bat for all of us, but regardless of his past honourable actions, one would think his current slander on us depicts a different objective he had to begin with. It was about him, not us at the beginning. His best interest, not ours. Money is the root of evil, and his true colors were shown.
CanadianInfidel
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2013-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 09:43

RR:If you, Br, Rags with Dennis and his legals could sort through the conflict ...The complete veterans story could be told....

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 09:40

Dave you cannot escape being my brother and I will honour that till my dying days, Pro Patria and Fair Winds
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 09:39

I am actually ready to complete my first draft on my first book as we speak and I thank you for your comment APB.
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top