MORNING THERAPY FOR VETERANS

Page 6 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MORNING THERAPY FOR VETERANS

Post by Rifleman on Fri 17 May 2013, 13:16

Nice to see your back Recon hope all is well with the family I always looked forward to you and Robbie Royals comments on this forum and yes brothers are paths have crossed.The two people who I thought that would respond to my recent post did.Hope all is well with both of you.

Pro Patria

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Fri 17 May 2013, 14:01

An honour to have served together and still serving in helping each other, always a pleasure Rifleman and thanks brother all is well and will be even better if I can land that Lake Trout and some fresh water herring. Fair Winds and GodSppeed
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman on Fri 17 May 2013, 14:14

Good luck with the lake trout pickerel season just open on the river today just about to head out and and catch a snack(I hope)

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 17 May 2013, 16:44

RR Steve ,

Be sure to keep yer' werms' warm , keep em' in yer' mout , das da' bes way by'e Smile

Luv's me atlantic salmon & brook trout'in ................. get da' fly rod out !

For Country
Retired Army Master Sniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
family of .......7....... still waitin to get dat' der' processin dun' Smile waitin now 10 1/2 --- 11 yer's muttfer's

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Sun 26 May 2013, 20:50

I have seen a lot and read a lot of information about how VAC and other organizations (SISIP) treat or fail to treat our disabled veterans and appalling it is. I have also been fortunate enough to question policies and inquire about programs or incentives that will gradually afford my family and I some much sought after solace from the nightmarish marathon any veteran must compete in just to adapt to the rigours of life after the military. I have a home to call my own and I have a support system in place to allow for the emotional and financial growth but I have learned you can only accomplish great things with the assistance of others. The "Ole Boy" network only works in select backyards or inner circles that deny regular soldiers a fair shake at the much sought at ideal treatment tree. Well I can only invite great veterans to enlist the minds and stories of our regular soldiers and collectively initiate programs with full disclosure that clearly outline the policies and affords step by step walk throughs so every single veteran is treated equally . The biggest hurtle for most veterans disabled or not is the inability to stand tall and announce any form of administrative victory that generates any form of financial advantage or equality due to the stigma that others denounce a single victory as "Milking the System". Most veterans refuse to beg, borrow or crawl for assistance because it putatively denounces any place among our greatest heroes within the very archives of our esteemed military history. Boundaries and guidelines created to channel and control policies in a seemingly sanitized environment curb the "off road" encounters with policy management or high priced lawyers that fill policies with a language that only other lawyers can understand and challenge, sorry but I cannot afford that logic and neither can most of us. Our biggest mistakes come from our failure to understand the policies or how to interpret correctly the policies and not so much how he got this and how can I get that. We need to mend the past, amend the present and unify the future as a single veteran.
Will the SISIP Class Action separate our veterans? I believe this is the first step in mending the past, today we amend the present with more deliberate campaigns aimed at denouncing policies intended to curb the fight within our veteran community. I ask that we collectively administer our veteran population with factual standards and criteria to bring all veterans up to one standard in knowledge and administrative understanding.
I have not given a lot of praise to the legal efforts of McInnes Cooper but today I offer a thank you and sincere gratitude in any effort to right a wrong.
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Thu 06 Jun 2013, 16:53

So here I sit wondering why I sit, so I stand and yet still I wonder why I stand. I lay on the ground and look heavenward and yet I see not what I want. I only agree that I have not lost perspective but in fact I gain clarity in what I cannot I see. Sounds silly and that is how I compare this SISIP/MC nonsense silly but it doesn't matter how you look at it, it will always be what we do not have or what we can not control, my advise to my veteran family take control of the one thing that you can see every day. THE MAILBOX, when it clangs shut with your RETRO then lose control cash that sucker and enjoy. Find a comfortable place for now and enjoy the emptiness it is actually far removed from that sinister gambit of knowledge that we suffocate our minds with. Sean it was great seeing you glad you stopped by have a safe trip my ole friend and to my buddies out here in CSAT Land good luck. Davy my boy enjoy the new ride.
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 06 Jun 2013, 16:59

Amen Robbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman on Thu 06 Jun 2013, 19:34

From one soldier to another soldier well spoken RR and how true that it is sounds like you might have instructed at one of our schools (Medford )or perhaps (Leadership ) I have instructed in both places.

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rucksack031 on Thu 06 Jun 2013, 23:21

Well as allways Steve, your words have once again hit the core brother in away only you can express, in your un caning way with this amazing gift of putting words into reality that all can absorb, and its with profound joy I and thousands of Vets are able to enjoy your posts, hell I know you dont like the pedestal brother but just had to. Anyway Im back took a admin break like so many others, its nice to see recon back and many others, nice to see Riflemen join the fold welcome brother. Well I hope as many of you are on the next list, I hope for myself as well, but i look at this as another tour I know my start date and end date and should I get the word that all soldiers want to here your on the advance party well that would be a first, and I wish you all recieve that. So lets keep the chins up and chests out, and navrat keep up your posts and sparrow as well, the troops need to laugh and you two bring that. SO i have had time to read alot of posts some sad, happy and some where in between, some know where to go, or sleep, no where to call home and it rips me apart So to ALL VETS my door is open not just to my airborne and royal family but to ALL. Wow RR glad you started therapy corner tks, for the love of all VETS and god bless you all Rucksack031 over but never out.
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Fri 07 Jun 2013, 07:46

Hey Keith my brother from the same mother (the soil we marched on together) I try to place hardship in a class of it's own but silliness requires more attention I find. As soldiers we always found the bad or silliness in anything and that afforded us the "Right of Passage" to bitch at what we knew to be a routine clusterfack, but today I allow those that dwell on routine to be the leaders of silliness because I seriously look where I have sat , stood and where I will eventually lay my head to rest and that my brother is in a place that we as men and women of this great country will share for eternity, a place among the free.
I can wait for the mailman and I know that all of us will eventually hear that clang and in the end we all will have something more valuable than money, a WHOLE DAMN CSAT FORUM FULL OF HAPPY soldiers waiting for the next set of orders that will define our legacy.
PS Keith thanks for those kind words they mean a ton and my fellow Royal Rifleman I have indeed been an Instructor at all locations Royal Canadian Regiment and The Canadian Airborne Regiment. I owe a ton to those young minds that I warped , I mean moulded Over but never out.
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Mon 10 Jun 2013, 23:27

Well I guess it has been a trying month for some if not most of us but I must extend a ton of gratitude to a special soldier, we know this crazy bugger as Rucksack031 and for most of you it would be apparent that this warrior would be a "GRUNT" with a mission far greater than many of us can fathom or even want to be a participant. You see Keith is watching over a fellow warrior that has fallen into a turbulent region far beyond the scope of recovery. I was given the honourable chance to be invited into his world as a fellow Royal, a familiar ear, a soldier permitted to offer a voice while acknowledging the legacy that lay at the final objective waiting to complete his final "Range Card". To some of you I have a way of wording life's triumphs and tribulations in a manner befitting a poet but today I just want to acknowledge a true hero a man, soldier, warrior, veteran, father, Canadian and mostly a Friend. Rucksack031 thank you for being a warrior on the battle field and extending your great abilities far removed from the field. I know what you have accomplish and have hoped to accomplish and boy when I think of how you have given so much brother it brings a tear too my eye. Here we are looking for something owed and you my friend have not even blinked in your efforts to give something bigger than what we have forgotten. You empower me to be a better person and when this is all said and done we will celebrate our fellow warrior like only Jumpers and Royals do.
Please relay my deepest and most humble thanks to our friend and to his family for the exceptional support through good times and bad and finally from my family we will continue to support him through wonderful heroes such as you.
Over but never out.
Steve
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Tue 11 Jun 2013, 10:53

You know it saddens me when I see the source of anger spewing from someone that feels they have a story to tell about another veteran. I see a fellow soldier use phrasing such as I know you and what I know about you will sink you or belittle your legacy. Well you maybe right in what you know or what you think you know. But usually rumour or perception have little to do with the person you want to denounce or ridicule but actually have more to do with fitting in among your peers like the ole boy network. I call it plain ole bullshit and yet I have conducted myself once or twice in a similar fashion. I do believe we all have participated in this type of soldier behavior. Well it is not right as we know and it accomplishes nothing, I once said some terrible things about a soldier only because I was stupid enough to listen to other soldiers repeat what they had heard. Assumption kills and I actually addressed this soldier awhile back and what was told to me floored me and sounded so utterly horrific I actually wanted to die of embarrassment and guilt. The story invented by an older soldier soon took root and what initially was an inherited learning disorder turned out to be the legacy this soldier would wear for 27 years while serving the CF. He was known as an idiot because he could not write or pass any written military test or exam. He was labeled stupid and remained a corporal for 27 years. 1 year ago I saw him and we talked, he told me that even though I knew him to be stupid I at least gave him the opportunity to do his exams orally. He thanked me for that and held out his hand in friendship, at which I gladly accepted as I had assumed we had been friends all along. He looked me straight in the face and told me that he knew everyone, including me had called him down because of his learning curve. I was honest and acknowledged his statement as true and that I was actually embarrassed and I apologized over and over. He laughed at me and said in a tone of true tongue and cheek, look who’s being stupid now, you can’t fix stupid but you can be his friend. So I now have a friend smarter than me and he taught me a simple lesson, “Judge what you know not what you hear, you got to be smarter than that”.
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman on Wed 12 Jun 2013, 19:00

Married 30 years as of tomorrow the wife is just like an old pair of combat boots she's always there when you need them. Hope it does not take that long for payment .

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Wed 12 Jun 2013, 21:22

Amen brother
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member