Lessons Learned that will influence your future in all matters Veteran Affairs

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Lessons Learned that will influence your future in all matters Veteran Affairs

Post by BoltAction308 on Sun 16 Jun 2013, 15:01

Thanks! I figured by sharing my experiences others will find they aren't alone in this battle and we are here to help our fellow brothers and sisters.
BoltAction308
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2013-01-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Lessons Learned that will influence your future in all matters Veteran Affairs

Post by tiger660 on Sun 16 Jun 2013, 17:09

I have been dealing with VAC for about 17 years now.  A few years back, I applied and was approved for pension for both shoulders, 5 % each.  A few months later, a lawyer from VAC phoned me to ask my permission to appeal this decision, I asked why and he told me because the Doctor that did the medical exam in Montréal had recommended 5 % for the right shoulder and 10 % for the left shoulder.  Well nobody had told me that, I was surprised to learn that when the papework was send to Fredericton they basically did what they wanted to do.  So I gave the permission to the lawyer to appeal and I got the 10 % for the left shoulder.  About 7 years ago a CM came to my house, she said, she had to update my file.  So we talked for about an hour and she said she would refer me to the medical clinic at Saint Anne de Bellevue hospital, because she was worried when I told her I was having nightmare and panic attack.  I served 27 years and did 9 missions.  I was sick and did not know it.  Anyway I went to the hospital and the social worker made me apply for PTSD.  I was an (out patient) I think you call it for 4 years with a psy.  While I was going thru all that, I had to go to the VAC District in Montréal for an appeal for my back.  The lawyer was very nice, I told her what I was going thru with the PTSD and she told me, when you get your answer you let me know and we will appeal it, I said what, and she said whatever the % is, it does not matter we will appeal it.  She did and I got another 10 %.  What I am trying to say here is, do not stop, fight for your rights and don't take no for an answer if you think you are right.  Like some of the brothers said on this post, nobody at VAC will tell you everything you are entitled for, you have to ask for it.  Just last week, one of my friend told me he had to go see the Doctor to get a new prescription, I said didn't you get one in Janauary and he said yes, but his CM at VAC said it was good for 6 months.  I told him bullshit and I showed him the letter that I got from the Bleu Cross stating that a prescription from a Doctor is good for 12 months.

tiger660
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2012-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by BoltAction308 on Mon 17 Jun 2013, 10:41

Is it just me or are the messages in this thread out of sync?
BoltAction308
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2013-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Mon 17 Jun 2013, 11:19

No sometimes the thread will just do it that way.  I've looked at the code in multiple threads at the same time and cannot for the life of me figure out why???

Computers are just like the human brain...tells it to do things just to be different! LOL
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove96 on Mon 17 Jun 2013, 11:43

When the thread was switched from SISIP to Veterans Help the order changed from "Newest post last" to "Newest post first"

Dove96
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Lesson learned

Post by pinger on Tue 18 Mar 2014, 17:29

Hi Robbie

I was reading some older topics and posts a while ago and came across your “Lessons learned”. I can’t thank you enough for what you wrote RR… it doesn’t get much more pro-active than that. It also validated my experiences with the VAC over the years very much.

But it can be pretty frustrating and taxing dealing with VA, including their plastic “Living Charter” of smoke and mirrors. It seems mistrust is everywhere lately, and quite frankly even being the cynical SOB I am, I can’t read what isn’t transparent but your post and this forum brings it to the forefront.

Speaking of transparency, I want to emphasize a little something here... I’ve read it a few times on the forum and experienced it first hand…

VA DOES NOT ALWAYS TELL YOU OF THE BENEFITS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR.
… so be vigilant.

Thanks again Robbie for that post of yours, pinger.
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Tue 18 Mar 2014, 18:23

you got it pinger and for all those that need to be educated on all things veterans stay tuned a new update is in the works.
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top