A TOPIC OF INTEREST HAS BEEN RAISED , CONCERNING RELEASE .........WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A TOPIC OF INTEREST HAS BEEN RAISED , CONCERNING RELEASE .........WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ?

Post by Recon031 on Tue 06 Aug 2013, 03:33

..........with reference to being released 3A , or 3B.............some members have stated that benefits for all should be of the same standard.......? interesting to say the least ...........as for myself , a front line Soldier medically released 3b with major ptsd & a laundry list of multiple injuries , i believe that benefits must be earned , not just handed over the counter & milking away the system for those who have given their all & then some . We all have witnessed some service members doing this & getting away with it , while others who have much worse symptoms & injuries getting less due to lack of help filling out applications & therefore we as a whole , as Seasoned Veterans , need to step forward & help those Veterans in really bad shape get every thing they as an individual has " Earned " & Rightfully Deserves ........

In my Opinion ............Benefits Have To Be " Earned " ...........

For Country
Retired Army Master Sniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Re: A TOPIC OF INTEREST HAS BEEN RAISED , CONCERNING RELEASE .........WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ?

Post by Rifleman on Tue 06 Aug 2013, 07:49

Recon I truly believe in what you have stated I was realeased 3b with cornary heart disease since my release I have been diagnosed with PTSD and multiple other injuries a total of 210 percent and I am still fighting with vac and yes I did say 210 percent infantry will do that to a soldier I cannot receive any more money under this new charter however I continue to fight for medical coverage.

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: A TOPIC OF INTEREST HAS BEEN RAISED , CONCERNING RELEASE .........WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ?

Post by georges dumont on Tue 06 Aug 2013, 08:44

I was told back in 2001 that 3A was a life pension from SISSIP and that 3B was for only two years! I now know this was a lot of BS but that is what I was told. In the end I no longer know what all the 3A, 3B ect mean. It seams to has change a few times.

georges dumont
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2012-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Tue 06 Aug 2013, 09:46

Good post either way you look at it today some of us benefitted from the 3 b or a release system as for those under the new veterans charter they have invented ways to rid the 3b and administratively knock those poor buggers out via 5f just to save some bucks. More soldiers are released with less than 10 years in and the way they treat most of our Afghan vets is o pump them full of narcotics and hand them a couple hundred K and tell them not to explode, do young soldiers listen hell no they find ways to blow the lump payments while being stoned or loaded. Just an opinion but the VNC has to be changed ASAP.
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon031 on Tue 06 Aug 2013, 09:58

Hey good morning Steve , RobbieRoyal ,

Great points here , steve , can you or another Veteran confirm what 3b & 3a , versus 5f all mean for those of us who have been out for a while

For Country
retired Army Master Sniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 06 Aug 2013, 10:11

great piece recon wish you would have used the word deserve as opposed to earned as the way I read it earned more denotes effort eg tried to get injured where deserved has a sense of finality to it. probably just the way I read things though either way I agree fully.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 06 Aug 2013, 10:13

5f

fiercely fracked foregoing financial filatio.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Tue 06 Aug 2013, 10:44

5f is administrative release with no pensionable income other than a medical assistance initiative designed not to be a monthly income, medical Theraphy and such,not sure about travel. My wording is not textbook but the bottom line is, and it is simply the front gate with medical assistance. It is wide spread now.
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by zero sum on Tue 06 Aug 2013, 10:49

We need an updated set of CFAOs
zero sum
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 587
Registration date : 2013-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 on Tue 06 Aug 2013, 10:56

CSAT Member

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 06 Aug 2013, 11:34

I was told 3a had something to do with Vac and pensions when I was released 3a!

Back to top Go down

Post by zero sum on Tue 06 Aug 2013, 11:40

I was told that a difference between a 3a and 3b was the 3a was indexed for superannuation and 3b wasn't...it was since changed so they couldn't discriminate, which is the right thing to do. Other than that, from my understanding was that if you were released 3a you were unable to be employed in any capacity, a total disability...while a 3b, you were unable to be employed for duty in your specific career, but your services were no longer required for retention in the CF...ie, no re-occupation to another field of endeavour. It really doesn't matter though, after that you become someone else's problem, not the CFs.
zero sum
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 06 Aug 2013, 11:47

Could it be 3 A really means 3 Appppppppppppppppppp!

Back to top Go down

Post by zero sum on Tue 06 Aug 2013, 11:47

Then we've all been 3 APP'D! lol
zero sum
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 06 Aug 2013, 11:53

Recon, I believe you are referring to my post that all medical releases should get the same benefits, which is basically what is happening now, but only from the CF, not VAC. Maybe there should be 3 classifications. 3a for service related injury or illness, 3b for unpreventable injuries or illnesses, such as diabetes, and 3c for self inflicted injuries, like injuries suffered while drinking and driving. This means a 3a/3b would be entitled to their CF annuity while the 3c would not. Also, the 3a pension should be based on the end of your current contract, and a 3b based on actual time served. This means if you are released 3a half way through a contract, you should be paid as if serving to the end of that contract. So if there is going to be differencing between the medical release notes, then there should be significant advantages to getting certain ones.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3102
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top