Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Neurofeedback Therapy Is Now Covered By DVA For Treatment Plan For Depression and Anxiety

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Neurofeedback Therapy Is Now Covered By DVA For Treatment Plan For Depression and Anxiety

Post by RobbieRoyal on Fri 25 Oct 2013, 09:39

For your info Ghillie

1.Dr. Karen Shue at 416.259.9019 in Toronto.
2.Jenifer Freedy Telephone: 519-936-5542 (London) (Confidential) Fax: 519-204-937
E-mail: inquiries@jeniferfreedy.com
3.Kingston Neurofeedback Services Telephone:  613-545-2227
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Neurofeedback Therapy Is Now Covered By DVA For Treatment Plan For Depression and Anxiety

Post by RobbieRoyal on Fri 25 Oct 2013, 09:29

I believe with all treatment through VAC you would require a Doctors referral Ghille you an contact VAC@ 1 866 522 2122 and they will prompt you through the steps.
Have a good one
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by ghillie on Fri 25 Oct 2013, 00:56

Hello Sparrow, hope all is well with you, and your family has settled since your move. I was wondering where it is that you get this therapy. I had a closed head injury and find that sometime I am still posturing with my hands, feet and head, this is due to the brain injury, I am wondering if the biofeedback would help with this?
ghillie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2013-06-14

Back to top Go down

Neurofeedback Therapy Is Now Covered By DVA For Treatment Plan For Depression and Anxiety

Post by Ex Member on Thu 05 Sep 2013, 16:18

Definition of Neurofeedback is a type of biofeedback that measures brain waves or brain blood flow to produce a signal that can be used as feedback on brain activity to teach self-regulation. Feedback is commonly provided using video or sound, with positive feedback for desired brain activity and negative feedback for brain activity that is undesirable. NON PAINFUL FEEDBACK ~ IT ISN'T SHOCK THERAPY!

Neurofeedback (NFB), also called neurotherapy or neurobiofeedback, is a type of biofeedback that uses realtime displays of electroencephalography (EEG) or hemoencephalography (HEG) to illustrate brain activity and teach self-regulation. EEG neurofeedback uses sensors that are placed on the scalp to measure brain waves, while HEG neurofeedback uses infrared (IR) sensors or functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) to measure brain blood flow.

On a personal note, I have been having Nuerofeedback Therapy for over a year and a half ~ with positive  measurable results. If a Veteran is interested in this therapy speak with your Psychologist or Psychiatrist for a referral to a clinic. DVA covers all expenses for this therapy.

Sparrow

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top