Life or aged 65 for LTD Coverage

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Life or aged 65 for LTD Coverage

Post by RobbieRoyal on Fri 13 Sep 2013, 11:37

From a Manulife representative at1 800 565 0701 The LTD Department I was told the following information regarding LTD Coverage for life, If you where released prior to 1995 then you will receive Life Long LTD Coverage after 1995 you will receive LTD Coverage up to aged 65.
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Life or aged 65 for LTD Coverage

Post by Guest on Fri 13 Sep 2013, 13:14

Well, that's fair isn't it!

Back to top Go down

Post by HAPPYCRAZY on Fri 13 Sep 2013, 15:09

jocolor study elephant WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT IT. You dam rights this isn't fair I was on sick leave for 9 months in 94 released in july95???? now that sucks. this was done without informing any personal.Rolling Eyes Sad Shocked pale monkey confused bom
HAPPYCRAZY
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 13 Sep 2013, 15:23

Well are legal firm wants nothing to do with it, they say it's been resolved

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Fri 13 Sep 2013, 15:36

I do not know why we are even communicating with MC seems we are doing our own homework good and bad
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by zero sum on Fri 13 Sep 2013, 17:21

MC is only going through the motions now...they made their money and are counting the days until this is over to wash their hands of it.
zero sum
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 587
Registration date : 2013-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo on Sat 14 Sep 2013, 10:20

Yeah, this really sucks. I got out thinking it was for life. I was ill in 94 and went on sick leave in summer 95. released in 96. never did hear of the change tho i suppose it was promulgated in routine orders or something. to think that someone that got out a year or so before me gets this income for life while i will struggle financially after 65. that is why i am taking almost the entire amount i got from this settlement and investing it. hopefully in the years till I am 65, it will grow to give me more income per month. if land prices were not so high, i would buy land as land prices just keep going up and up and i don't know if land prices will crash for agri land as it is in short supply and gets smaller every year.
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by zero sum on Sat 14 Sep 2013, 21:16

Well, I think that if you never signed anything, were never told about a change, or if you were on terminal leave due to illness and had no way of knowing that there was a change...that you probably have a legal right to the lifetime payout. The SISIP forms that I signed were for life, I never signed anything else...and I'm pretty sure most of you are in the same boat, so perhaps another legal wrangling may be called for. Maybe MC might be interested in this if it affected their poster-child DM, but otherwise they don't seem to give a damn about anything.
zero sum
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 14 Sep 2013, 21:21

I wish I was grandfathered in as I joined in 1986 and then again in 2000 ~ but no, they were two separate enrollments and contracts. Oh well, at least I got to do two basic trainings in two different geographical areas...lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 14 Sep 2013, 21:24

zero sum wrote:Well, I think that if you never signed anything, were never told about a change, or if you were on terminal leave due to illness and had no way of knowing that there was a change...that you probably have a legal right to the lifetime payout. The SISIP forms that I signed were for life, I never signed anything else...and I'm pretty sure most of you are in the same boat, so perhaps another legal wrangling may be called for. Maybe MC might be interested in this if it affected their poster-child DM, but otherwise they don't seem to give a damn about anything.

You could be on to something zero sum....

Back to top Go down

Post by zero sum on Sat 14 Sep 2013, 21:24

I think we should all be covered for life...if someone doesn't make it to 65, I'm pretty sure they won't keep paying their family until then. Cheap bastards...perhaps we can make inroads with the Liberals, get some promises and assurances...possibly have a few tokes with Justin while we discuss it. Wink
zero sum
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo on Sat 14 Sep 2013, 21:44

Good one zero sum...toking with Justin!cyclops cyclops 
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by zero sum on Sat 14 Sep 2013, 21:51

Maybe we could convince him while he's stoned...to pay us veterans the "Tru-dough" we deserve? Wink
zero sum
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 15 Sep 2013, 08:38

Smoke and few with him, order a couple of pizzas, presto we got it!

Back to top Go down

Post by zero sum on Sun 15 Sep 2013, 15:35

Sure, we can get all the promises we want from him while were wasted...but will he remember them. Maybe Harper might be a little more generous with us if we got him a lifetime pass to McD's!
zero sum
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top