SISIP and 10 year medical pension

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SISIP and 10 year medical pension

Post by bigrex on Mon 25 Nov 2013, 15:04

Unfortunately, for the young Cpl, or even Mcpl, unless they have someone willing to stick up for them, they can request to stay in until they reach 10 years, all they want. They'll still get the boot whenever Ottawa decides.

The one piece of advice I will pass on to anyone still in, and fear they may be facing a medical release, DO NOT let your doctor put you on Permanent Category in December. I did this and my release message was drafted by mid January. My file must have been on top of the file when DMCARM came back from leave, because I've heard that files are usually at that level for several months before having a decision. So, cancel you appointments in December, or whatever, but put off the inevitable until after the holidays, or you may find the clock on your release ticking faster than you may have prepared for.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3047
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Re: SISIP and 10 year medical pension

Post by Rags on Mon 25 Nov 2013, 16:40

Ok clear as mud now. lol thanks. I did reserve time also back in early 80s and when I went reg I got the 1/4 time for class A and full class B. I bought it back and used it to calculate my med release entitlement years later but would never have looked at it as reg forces medical release as a non reg. Thought you had to be full time reg and then you could use your reserve time ..(if you bought it back) as a future entitlement.
thanks for info.
Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top