Veterans Affairs is Waging a War of Attrition Against Veterans

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Veterans Affairs is Waging a War of Attrition Against Veterans

Post by teentitan on Tue 11 Mar 2014, 20:11

OK we have Zena the Warrior Princess disguised as Anneteak! LOVE IT!!!!

Some advice...crawling works before you learn to walk which leads to running. In other words you started to crawl by creating the website.

Keep crawling by personally sending an email to journalists like Murray Brewster, Chris Cobb, Lee Berthiuame, Mercedes Stephenson, David Pugilese, Scott Taylor. These are the most "educated" military/VAC journalists out there. Inform them what your website is all about and seek their advice on how to use the social media to their advantage and if one of them could do a small story about your new website to get you out there for others to see.

Spread the word to other vet organizations of your intention and ask them to link your website to their links section. VVi will do so for you.

Once the stories come in categorize them:
1st level appeal
2nd level appeal
VAC abuse letters
Rejections
And most important "My Story"

Good luck and keep at it!
teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3238
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Anneteak on Tue 11 Mar 2014, 20:29

Thanks Teen. I really like your idea of asking the journalists for advice; I wouldn't have thought to do that since no one wanted to pick up Eric's story. But you're right, and this will be many different stories about a whole lot of veterans.

I guess I should confess to anyone who knows Myers-Briggs Personality Inventory or 'True Colours', I'm an ESTP in Myers-Briggs and a mega-Orange with really high Green in True Colours. Organization is not my strong point Sad The idea of categorizing the stories didn't even occur to me. Duh.

Thanks!

Anneteak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2014-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Wed 12 Mar 2014, 11:05

Hey that's what we do here at CSAT Anneteak we ask for help.

One thing I forgot to mention and this is a big one...if you are going to have people post their stories give them the option of using their real name or not.

You can do this by following the CSAT way. All you need to join is an email (for PM) and a handle if you don't want to use your real name.

Also keep your website open to anyone. Don't be a members only website. Let the public, reporters, politico's read the posts. You will find out in time how many do read website's like CSAT and VVi
teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Anneteak on Wed 12 Mar 2014, 14:47

Thanks Teen, again really good feedback!

I am very aware that there are others than the few people who have responded to this thread who are monitoring it.  The 870+ views tell me that there are many more “silent” readers than the dozen or so “not-so silent” ones.  That’s why I haven’t hidden behind the name, Anneteak, which is not so much my handle but more about how I feel some mornings.  

I also put my Myers-Briggs and True Colours types out there so that anyone who is reading this thread for whatever reasons and know these personality inventories will know who I am.  For those who don’t know MB or TC:

An ESTP’s “primary mode of living is focused externally, where [they] take things in via [their] five senses in a literal, concrete fashion. [Their] secondary mode is internal, where [they] deal with things rationally and logically.

ESTPs are outgoing, straight-shooting types. Enthusiastic and excitable, ESTPs are "doers" who live in the world of action. Blunt, straight-forward risk-takers, they are willing to plunge right into things and get their hands dirty. They live in the here-and-now, and place little importance on introspection or theory. The[y] look at the facts of a situation, quickly decide what should be done, execute the action, and move on to the next thing.

…  Rules and laws are seen as guidelines for behavior, rather than mandates. If the ESTP has decided that something needs to be done, then their "do it and get on with it" attitude takes precendence (sic) over the rules. However, the ESTP tends to have their own strong belief in what's right and what's wrong, and will doggedly stick to their principles. The Rules of the Establishment may hold little value to the ESTP, but their own integrity mandates that they will not under any circumstances do something which they feel to be wrong.” https://www.personalitypage.com/html/ESTP.html

Orange – Green in the True Colors inventory :

“Those with Orange as a Primary Color feel the will to achieve results, to win, to be successful. They desire all things that offer intense living and full experience. Orange generates an impulse toward active doing: sport, struggle, competition and enterprising productivity. In temporal terms, Orange is the present.

Green expresses itself psychologically as human will in operation: as persistence and determination. Green is an expression of firmness and consistency. Its strength can lead to a resistance to change if it is not proven that the change will work or is warranted.” http://www.true-colors-test.com/truecolormeaning.html

For anyone who uses DISC, I’m HIGH D, moderate to high I, and very low S and C.

Bottom line, now that this last skirmish is over, I am looking to have some fun.

As for the website, it, like my Facebook page, will be entirely open.  That’s what this whole project is about. In Eric’s message to the MVA, he stated, “The average Canadian would be appalled at the way Veterans and their families are treated by this bureaucracy.”  It’s the average Canadian who we want to reach; you don’t have to tell any Veteran or their spouse, caregiver, etc., how hard it is do deal with VA or about the toll that service to this country has taken on him/her. It’s the average Canadian who is hearing and believing the government’s stories about everything being fine in the Canadian veteran’s world.

Since my Letter to the Editor (my first post on this thread minus the definition of War of Attrition) was published locally, several people who know both Eric and me have expressed astonishment and anger when they learned of his story. They knew how ill he was but had no idea of the other things impacting his life like the PTSD, the constant Hoop Dance with VAC, ect.  Those who know us also know that we have the paper trail to prove our allegations. Eric’s story has already had an impact on a few ‘average Canadians’.

Contributors to WarOfAttrition.ca  will be able to remain anonymous online by using a handle or other identifier; however, I will have to know who they are, where they live, and how to contact them because there will be some who will try to get something posted that is not true for whatever reason.  I don’t intend to allow myself and anyone else associated with this project to be accused of putting forth false information.  In addition, anyone wanting to post will have to submit their material beforehand for approval and editing (if needed).  Again, I don’t want someone to inadvertently put themselves or me in a position of possibly libelling someone else, looking foolish or not getting their point across.  And I want to keep the language ‘family friendly’; my grandsons may check this site out.

That being said, I will not post anything, edited or not, without the expressed permission and approval of the person submitting it. I know that this, in itself, will give some who are not as comfortable as we are to post their experiences knowing that they personally will have help, if wanted or needed, in getting their story out in a clear and succinct manner but that nothing will be posted without them knowing and permitting it to be posted.

I’m looking forward to lots of constructive criticism and suggestions; I know I’m going to get other types of criticism too, but that’s all part of the game.  So for those ‘silent’ readers and the ‘not-so-silent’ ones, please, let me know what you think.

PS If anyone has some good artwork or design ideas we could use, I’d also welcome that. (I'd really love a cartoon of a disabled vet trying to do a Hoop Dance.)  You can e-mail me at linda@lindamagill.com.  Later, when someone other than me gets on this computer Rolling Eyes , the e-mail will be linda@warofattrition.ca. Thx.

Last edited by Anneteak on Sat 07 Jun 2014, 22:36; edited 3 times in total

Anneteak
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Anneteak on Fri 23 May 2014, 20:37

Just an little update.  After a lot of back and forth, e-mails to the PM, MVA, and copies to the opposition and Liberal critics (all documented on my FB page), Eric finally got everything that we had been fighting for since March 2013.  It my be coincidental but the MVA's Chief of Staff contacted us within days of Rock The Hill's addition of yours truly to the list of featured speakers at the event.  He was responding to a letter he had received just "last week" (telcon was on the 8th or 9th of May); he seemed surprised that this had been an issue for much longer; I sent him copies of the previous correspondence and gave him a brief outline of the latest round of problems.

Since then, War of Attrition has gone live at www.WarOfAttrition.ca and it has received some really positive feedback since then including an endorsement by Pat Strogan.  Life is good.  If any of you are going to be in Ottawa on the 4th to 10th, I'd love to see you on the Hill.

Anneteak
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Fri 23 May 2014, 21:44

Good work Anneteak. If anyone tried to go to the website there was a comma at the end of the link. It's removed and now accessible.
teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Fri 23 May 2014, 23:11

That is great to hear teak!... " Eric finally got everything that we had been fighting for since March 2013. "
You've had a hard and longer road methinks.
Co-incidently? Hell, truth be told can be much more than fiction somedays.
It becomes me...pheww, and then some. Lets just fight our fight with smarts and a consolidated effort.
Be you be 21 years old or 80 years old but with support. Straight up and above the board. Why can't the goc be the same damn way?
Why the hell not? Bureaucrats and some lobbyists in my regards ... are lower than bottom feeders and bilge water. Very bad bilge rats...
But keep the faith and that ain't a freaking cliche. It ryhmes with something... the right thing to do, something proper. Our home... and native land.

No disguised my peeved off rambing but I know you all understand. Tx. I have observed my expletives teen, can't catch me Smile
Keep on keepin' on teak and everyone else. pinger.

Rock the Hill.
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1196
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Anneteak on Mon 26 May 2014, 18:50

Thanks Teen for fixing the error in the addy.

Pinger, I'm gonna keep on keepin' on 'cause I don't know what else to do. The inability to fight back was killing me; once Eric gave me the ok to tell our story (I couldn't really tell mine without telling his), my healing began.

Yah, we're gonna Rock The Hill next week. www.RockTheHill.ca

Anneteak
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired on Tue 27 May 2014, 01:44

What a great site, so many similarities in the way your husband has been treated by VAC. It is so disappointing that we have to fight so hard for basic health care needs plus have our Doctors write reams of substantiation for their prescriptions and the like to treat us. Thanks for your work on this.
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Anneteak on Tue 27 May 2014, 14:03

You are very welcome RCN-Retired.

I've heard that some doctors are beginning to limit the number of veterans they will take into their practices because of the 'reams of substantiation for their prescriptions and the like."  As the provincial health care systems have more VAC costs downloaded on them by the constant back and forth for relatively inexpensive items like an aerochamber needed to deliver bronchial dilators or knee braces and the like, the less likely veterans will get the care they need.  As it is now, Eric's new doctor doesn't understand how VAC works and wants to write a note saying the veteran "has a ...... and needs a ....." . This of course gets bounced back, sometimes more than once.

Last edited by Anneteak on Tue 27 May 2014, 22:34; edited 1 time in total

Anneteak
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Tue 27 May 2014, 21:09

Well I read and i read a lot your the real deal Anneteak good job really
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired on Wed 28 May 2014, 01:07

About a year ago my family Dr retired and it took several months to find a new one because of the fact I was a veteran. No one wanted to take me because they indicated dealing with VAC is to onerous. The one I have is great but she refusing to bill VAC for anything, even when they provide a letter to have my health care professional submit a bill for x. She says she just "cannot be bothered dealing with these bandits." Her words not mine. What a state when Drs will not take on new patients because of the BS of VAC, and we all know that we are tripping over Drs. and it is so easy to replace one with another anytime.
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Anneteak on Wed 28 May 2014, 08:31

RCN-Retired. May I quote your last comment in my talk on the hill?

For that matter, if there's anything any of you want brought forward concerning the difficulties of dealing with VAC that I can incorporate into my talk (Ping, watch your language LOL), please contact me at Linda@WarOfAttrition.ca.

My talk will be posted on War of Attrition after RTH, but not likely right away.

Anneteak
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired on Thu 29 May 2014, 01:24

You can quote me anytime, if you need my actual name I can pm it to you.
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Anneteak on Thu 29 May 2014, 09:40

Thanks RCN-Retired. If you wish, feel free to send me an e-mail with the exact wording you'd like. linda@warofattrition.ca

Anneteak
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top