FORM RC4288E Request for taxpayer relief (Assorted Topics)

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: FORM RC4288E Request for taxpayer relief (Assorted Topics)

Post by bigrex on Fri 07 Mar 2014, 21:49

Well , I am going to be filling out both the 1198 and the tax relief form because if I filed my retro this year, along with my CF pension, ELB and PIA, TurboTax has me owing over $4000, even with pension splitting and the DTC, among other deductions. So if I can have the retro spread out over 06 and 07, when all I had was CF pension, the 30% withholding tax, should more than cover what I owed, especially if there is no deemed taxes/interest/penalties included in their calculations.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3103
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 08 Mar 2014, 08:04

good 4 you big rex im glad to here it I really hope hey both help. if not well at least you cant loose anything.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by peep on Mon 17 Mar 2014, 11:31

Well its done. Sent in my income tax and included the T1198 and the Request for Taxpayer Relief. Now will they still want 42% of my return back? Only time will tell.
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak on Mon 17 Mar 2014, 13:10

I submitted the RC428 as well. Not sure if it matters though as I have the income to support paying for now. The question is: how will I do on taxes this year? My claim went back very far, yet my income was very poor. Remember in the 80's when the family of a private could go on welfare because our wages were so low? Back then I was making about 17000 per year as a one hook sapper. Sisip is geared to income after all. 75% of shit is nothing less than that! Shit. So I hope my form will at least get a glance. One can only hope.
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 17 Mar 2014, 13:31

If that was your only income I betcha you might get a refund. I knw of a couple f guys, one whose only income was VAC pension which is not taxable. If they spread his back over his 12 years it's about 25000 per year. So with his personal exemption plus dtc already for those years he should get everything back. At least this is what this guys accountant is telling him. I hope you get a refund

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird on Mon 17 Mar 2014, 15:00

I am glad that the legal fees are a deduction dollar for dollar and not a percentage.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1582
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 17 Mar 2014, 15:39

I think you may be half correct there firebird...the legal fees are deductiable dollar for dollar that being the total amount of legal fees deducted but the actual tax benefit is only a portion of that amount paid in legal fees and that reduces your taxable earning - 15% of the legal fees paid I believe in Ontario...if anyone else can confirm ....thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by loggie on Mon 17 Mar 2014, 15:57

You are correct Sparrow

loggie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2013-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird on Mon 17 Mar 2014, 16:24

I meant that it is dollar for dollar to reduce your taxable income. It reduces your net income dollar for dollar thus reducing your taxable income by the legal fee amount.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird on Mon 17 Mar 2014, 16:27

Which means that you do not pay taxes on the legal fees so you get that amount back.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 18 Mar 2014, 16:57

Update on Form RC4288 - Tax Payer Relief application. I was advised today by tax accountant that it is NOT recommended to include in 2013 tax return and/or to forward this tax payer relief form to CRA UNTIL you receive your 2013 Notice of Assessment. The reason being is that the RC4288 is sent to one department and tax return to another and until the 2013 taxes are completed, the RC4288 would not make sense to anyone processing the application and therefore will be returned. In my experience, I sent the RC4288 late last year and indeed they were returned to us because as indicated by attached explanation, our records showed nothing that would warrant a tax relief therefore it only stands to reason that until we have our 2013 taxes completed which would include the T1198 et al then we should hold off sending the RC4288. If by chance you have sent the RC4288, be prepared to have it returned with similar explanation as the one I previously received. In that case, I would resubmit it once you have your 2013 Notice of Assessment.

Last edited by Sparrow on Tue 18 Mar 2014, 17:17; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 18 Mar 2014, 17:00

Good info because this might hold up the process

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 18 Mar 2014, 17:58

sparrow I understand but it just makes no sense to me why they are doing this as you are allowed to ask for a waiver by that you are asking for relief from an amount not yet charged.

now if you wait ( just as a reminder to everyone ) you do not ask to a waiver anymore you ask for a cancelation by that you are asking for relief for an amount already charged.

seems to me they unlawfully not allowing you to seek a waiver witch is your lawful right as a taxpayer.

pees me off when most of these clowns don't know their own rules and the ones that do will only follow them when they see fit.

they can say yes ore no its their choice but by the legislation you are allowed to ask for a waiver.

THATS THE LAW

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 18 Mar 2014, 18:04

I agree propat. All I know is that I previously applied late last year to get a jump start so to speak on the upcoming 2013 taxes and the application was returned stating that my records showed I was not in arrears or needing any tax relief. This point I can confirm. If what the accountant is saying is true that in order to apply for the tax relief one needs to  have their notice of assessment completed for tax year in question,  as you say it makes me also wonder. Not sure what can be done now. Similarly, maybe they would wait anyway until the T1198's are completed before making any decisions on tax relief applications.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 18 Mar 2014, 18:25

ya the thing is sparrow all of that is correct if you ask for a cancellation but not for a waiver.

as simple as I can put it

if you are asking for a waiver you must ask prior to sending in your tax ore at the same time and you have the legal right to do so,

its impossible to ask for a waiver after you have your assessment at that point you can only ask for a cancelation.

if im not mistaken the definitions of cancelation and waiver are actually spelled out right at the bottom of the form.

I cant believe these fracking morons sent you that fracking BS reply to your form without even reading the whole thing including the definitions.

I for one will be attaching a note to my 1198 saying in asking for tax payer relief from the interest portion of the QRLSP calculation that I am sending in at the same date.

on my 2298 in big red ink im circling the definition of waiver that is right on the form with a big red arrow going all down the form and pointing to it.

if I gotta walk them through it I will.

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top