Stay on top of the CRA !!!

Page 1 of 65 1, 2, 3 ... 33 ... 65  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stay on top of the CRA !!!

Post by Trooper on Wed 23 Apr 2014, 15:32

Robbie and Recon has got it right, CHECK RE CHECK, CHECK AND RECHECK, again.
As I write this I am trying to keep my cool, when you get your notice of assessment, by my account, mail, and or by phone from a CRA agent, make sure that it does include info with respect to the T1198. If it does not, you have been bypassed by the CRA, some processing agents are putting in the Lump sum in a different box when processing our returns, this error will cause the T1198 to become void. In other words they will not calculate years pass for you, even though you have submitted the T1198 form with your taxes.

In the event that this error occurs, you will have to complete and send in a T1 adjustment form, along with a copy of your T1198.

It sucks but it has to be done in order for you to see if you will benefit from the T1198, as some are already reporting benefiting from it.

We live in a world where mistakes can sometimes happened, not good when your on the hook for owing over $50000.
What can we do, nothing but fill out the adjustment form.

In closing just make sure that you verify that your T1198 has been used, DON'T TAKE THEIR WORD FOR IT !!!
Trooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 5276
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Stay on top of the CRA !!!

Post by Guest on Wed 23 Apr 2014, 17:51

couldn't agree more trooper a said it many times and ill say it again all should ask for a copy of their 1198 calculations that way you can see for sure not only if they even bothered to do them but you can also see if they didn't use it even if they would have helped you.

every human makes mistakes and these guys are no different by a long shot.

its YOUR return guys OWN IT.

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Wed 23 Apr 2014, 18:40

Bastards and good luck with that Trooper I know the feeling brother, but now at least with the T1 Adjustment you sent back in you will have that AGENTS UtMost undivided attention, good luck and have a drink on me, whooahhhaaaaa
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Wed 23 Apr 2014, 18:58

Hi propat, you are right, we must stand our ground, and continue the follow up.

Apparently they take your return and pass it down the line, during these transfers, in my case they took the Lump sum amount out of Box 104 and put it in Box 101, this is clearly a mistake on their part, once this error occurs, say goodbye to the 1198.

Just to add something to my post above, apparently there is another avenue to take, you can request to the CRA by phone a ticket be submitted, this is done when it is the CRA that does the mistake on your return, they will take another look at all submitted paper work, and take the appropriate action.

Just want to make sure everyone is given a fair chance at this 1198.

Off topic propat, do you really think we need more rain, lots of water around, floods are hurting lots of people, I guess we can't fight mother nature.
50mm between now and tomorrow evening.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Wed 23 Apr 2014, 19:02

Thanks Robbie, we are both in the same situation, I am not a happy camper, I thought all was done, than this shit comes into play, well we will both see this to the end, never give up the fight.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Wed 23 Apr 2014, 19:10

Robbie did you fill out the adjustment yourself ? or did you have the person who completed your return do it ?
Trooper
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman on Wed 23 Apr 2014, 19:18

Sorry to here that Trooper I wish you good luck and hope this crap gets sorted out in your favor

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Wed 23 Apr 2014, 19:28

Thanks Rifleman, I am getting a little calm now, just bad luck is all, I was just hoping to at least get my results before the end of this Month, especially after seeing some excellent results from some of our CSAT members.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 23 Apr 2014, 19:38

At least you guys have had your return looked at, mine arrived by express post on the 17 of March to the summer side tax office and I called today and nothing yet done still showing as not received. They say this is normal but I will send in a duplicate if not worked on by 5 of May.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 23 Apr 2014, 19:59

trooper I here ya my road is flooded on both sides so im trapped lol. no garbage pick up no mail. doing my taxes Friday mailing them out Monday come hell ore HIGH WATER .

keep dry buds

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Wed 23 Apr 2014, 20:03

Navrat, that should show as received by now, you have sent it express, after my experience today, I will be keeping a close eye on them from now on.

You know you try to do things right, organize things, do what is required, and what do we get, wait, wait some more, I can guarantee you if it was them that had and 1198 to calculate, things would show up much faster, oh wait, how many employees were cut from the CRA.

I hear you Navrat, not a good feeling having to wait.  

Hope you get received soon.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Wed 23 Apr 2014, 20:07

propat, I am tuning up the swamp boat.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 23 Apr 2014, 20:13

lmao great fly by and drop me off some shine lots of lime ricky but the shine is all but gone and the still is 10 feet under.

their is no such thing as strong liquor just week people

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 23 Apr 2014, 20:20

I am just about to watch SWAMP PEOPLE, one of my favorite shows, lol, Propat and Trooper always pop into my mind,lol, Luckly you guys were raised in those conditions and can handle the floods, shotguns and shine, snakes and alligators, lol. I actually asked the cra person if mind was over due and she said no. She said that it wont show up as received until its actually done. I did have a tracking number and I know it got there but she said that only covers from your house to our front door. Once its here if it gets lost , it gets chalked up to human error mistake and you have to send in a duplicate return. I only hope they do mine right theres no excuse to be sloppy with someones return

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 23 Apr 2014, 20:23

What tax office did you guys send yours too, apparently the PEI one was down a couple of days due to a snow storm a couple of weeks ago

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 65 1, 2, 3 ... 33 ... 65  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top