Stay on top of the CRA !!!

Page 3 of 65 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 34 ... 65  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Stay on top of the CRA !!!

Post by RobbieRoyal on Thu 24 Apr 2014, 18:45

status UPDATE for me and my situation, just letting you troops know what in is the firehouse.
Called to see if my T1 Adjustment Letter (dated 10 April2014) along with my copied T1198 had been actioned.
From the CRA Agent, not on file yet could take up to 12 weeks because of the time of year, call back in two (2) weeks and ask about the T1 Adjustment.
AGAIN MY SITUATION ONLY, as I have already been given a NOTICE of ASSESSMENT I asked once more if I should pay my -DR of 33,741.12 prior to the may 01 2014 deadline and I was told, PLEASE PAY THIS OUTSTANDING AMOUNT BEFORE YOU ARE HIT WITH TAXATION PENALTIES.
so it looks like a long spring here troops, anyhow lets keep others informed no matter how bleak or great the situation
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 on Thu 24 Apr 2014, 19:11

Robbie, same here, have to pay before May 5ft, and then, after sleaping on it, they will do their part. Already been told that they are going to send a letter at that time saying who is in charge of the docs with is phone.
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 24 Apr 2014, 19:28

Not to beat a dead horse here but I am confused. Some are saying we don't have to pay our  tax debt to cra by end month April until we are in receipt of the notice of assessment which would include the submitted T1198 calculations but then others are saying even if we don't have the notice of assessment we are still required to pay the bill regardless of outcome of T1198 and whenever it gets done. I guess I will pay and hope that the T1198 gets processed correctly and before tax season 2015.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Thu 24 Apr 2014, 22:27

Trooper, you got it damn straight brother...
" Each and every time you contact the CRA, ask the agent to spell out their name, ask them to repeat their ID number, write this down, along with date and time, you will be surprised the change in attitude you get from the agents by doing just that. "  

They work for us and all Canadian taxpayers. We, myself included should remember that as well when we deal with vac... hold them accountable, at bay and then some.
Lets rock the hill.   pinger.
Hope the waters not too bad down there trooper and propat.

Last edited by pinger on Thu 24 Apr 2014, 22:32; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : water)
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Fri 25 Apr 2014, 08:43

No need for confusion troops as I said "I already Have a Notice Of Assessment" for this taxation period therefore I will have to pay my -DR prior to the deadline of now 4 May 2014 or incur more hurt. For those that have not received a Notice of Assessment I can not speak for you nor will I even try, IF YOU ALL HAVE ANY DOUBTS PLEASE CALL YOUR CRA TAXATION CENTRE and ASK, Make sure you have the AGENTS NAME AND ID NUMBER JUST IN CASE THE INFORMATION YOU GET TURNS RIGHT AROUND AND CHEWS OFF YOUR ARSE. CHECK RE-CHECK and FACKIN CHECK AGAIN TROOPS.
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 25 Apr 2014, 12:17

just sitting down to do my tax now this is gonna fracking suck.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 25 Apr 2014, 12:31

my advice pay by the deadline.

remember the new deadline is MAY 5 .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 25 Apr 2014, 16:11

done owe another 16500.00 hope the 1198 widdles that down a bit.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Fri 25 Apr 2014, 16:58

up date again, paid CRA by electronic bank draft, had a little left over lol ave a good weekend my fellow veterans
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 25 Apr 2014, 18:12

Robbie, I am not far behind you, I hope and pray you get it all back, and then some, and let's both hope that they move their axx and fix this right, and fast !

propat, I am also hoping you benefit from the T1198, and get yours back and then some, best of luck my friend.

Newfie, and to all others who have reported benefiting from the T1198, and a refund at that, I am extremely happy for you all, I share the joy with you all, posting that kind of news gives hope for others who are still waiting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak on Fri 25 Apr 2014, 19:54

OK after reading all the posts on here, I have decided to pay my taxes on monday. Even though CRA has not received them yet!! Looked up the late charges....holy feck!!! 5% of total owing, followed by 1% of total per month...
Sap
If I get some back, bonus.

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 26 Apr 2014, 14:40

I think I will do that as well Sapper reluctantly. My concern is that if lucky enough to have the 1198 help my tax bill it will however be a long time in coming to get back from CRA the money I paid them and since the GoC does not grant interest on overpayments they wont be too quick to refund me the money. On another note, I read on Sisip Facebook page that even at this late date there are still people trying to sort out their taxes and issues of T1198 with their accountants who are not knowing what to do with it, people looking for their legal fee receipts and wondering about getting a duplicate from MC, some are still wondering if they paper file etc etc. I am concerned some are not prepared and uninformed with all that goes with this return and may get caught unawares.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 26 Apr 2014, 16:34

Anyone who had amended t4 from Manulife will have there returns delayed until CRA gets the amended ones from Manulife that Manulife submits. CRA received my amended ones on 14 of April a month after I submitted my paper return. Chech the CRA my account under forms it will state the required info

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 26 Apr 2014, 16:41

Good to know that thanks. Brings new meaning to the phrase "As the crow flies" this tax season is never ending twists and turns.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 26 Apr 2014, 17:03

I will also be paying come Monday.

When this whole sisip thing came about I made it a point to get as much info as possible, when I came upon CSAT, I sat in the background for awhile until I noticed this, here we had a group of people who were sharing info left right and center, as I read different post it became clear that I was getting more info from CSAT, then I would get elsewhere, that is when I became a member, and to date, I still get a wealth of info from this site.

As former members of the forces regardless of the trade, we look at and issue, and as a group we share what we can, and discuss it amongst one and other, to not become and experts on the topic, but to become more knowledgeable on the topic , resulting in being better prepared, and having a better understanding of how to handle, and or deal with such and issue.  
This has helped many members throughout this whole ordeal, from the beginning to date.

The tax ordeal was discussed on here well before this year, again we band together to organize ourselves with great determination to prepare ourselves for this very issue. I don't want to say that the filling of our 2013 return was in anyway complicated, members shared their ways of completing their return, and away we went to process our returns.
Now we know that some members have reported good news with respect to the T1198, so that shows proof that these individuals have done their part, they did their part, and someone from the CRA  of the receiving end has done their part. I applaud these competent CRA employes for doing their part well.
I also did my part, however I ran into a problem, my 1198 was not done, my assessment was done with no change of my original owing of over $50000, so this is what I have to pay. Now did anyone pick up this error, "NEGATIVE" with all of the info I have provided to them including the 1198, including a note acknowledging my 1198, you would think that someone somewhere would have picked it up.
I certainly picked it up and began to investigate, now the CRA agents who answers our calls are not expected to be able to solve each and every problem, that is why they have supervisors who get paid the big bucks to do just that, now this supervisor told me that my return was not done properly, line 101 should be 0 the lump sum should be on line 104, my lump sum was on line 101.
So I said hold on, I pulled out my return and my lump sum was on line 104, now this is where my anger sets in, instead of admitting a CRA error, and starting and investigation, this is what this supervisor told me, you must file a T1 adjustment and put 0 on line 101, and put your lump sum on line 104, and send a copy of your T1198.
Do you really believe that I for one second believed that to be the proper procedure, but I played the game and even posted here that this was the only way.
Now angry as I was, I was determined to get to the bottom of this, after all this was not my error but theirs.
So ends up that I filed a ticket to start and investigation, and was told that my whole return will be reassessed including my 1198, who did this, I did, CRA should have picked this well before my taxes were assessed, I can except a human error, I can except a CRA agent who answer the call to not being able to assist you, however what I can't except is the incompetence of any supervisor who gives false info, especially when we are dealing with such a large amount of money owing, furthermore what about the process, my T1198 was visible for all to see, how did this get bypassed in the first place, is it incompetence, is it they just don't care, perhaps a combination of both, talk about adding undue stress to a person.

Bottom line here is that I did everything I was suppose to do, and did it properly, this is what I get in return.
So those that have yet to be assessed, make sure you stay on top of the CRA.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 65 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 34 ... 65  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top