Stay on top of the CRA !!!

Page 6 of 65 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 35 ... 65  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Stay on top of the CRA !!!

Post by RCN-Retired on Mon 28 Apr 2014, 18:51

Thanks Teen, I agree that McInness/Cooper have not done us great service in the follow up and making sure what the court decisions have been are understandable without us having to hire another lawyer to decipher.
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Mon 28 Apr 2014, 18:54

When in doubt shovel out and hopefully you get the backfill otherwise your going to dig a deeper hole and ain't no amount of water going to keep you afloat, 3 CRA gents told me on three separate occasions pay now do not wait until April 30th , now May 04 so I get scared I pay , again that's me
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired on Mon 28 Apr 2014, 19:07

Well my land force friend, I think I will take your advise cause my ship has a list now and risk of sinking.
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 28 Apr 2014, 19:20

The following info is just info that I have gathered throughout, it is by no means concrete info, I have just learn that nothing is concrete when dealing with our taxes, so take this info, and decide for yourself, what or who you believe, my thoughts only.

When submitting our taxes via paper file, when it reaches it's proper destination, it goes into a pile, while sitting in this pile, no one, and I stress no one from the CRA will be able to confirm that your return has been received.
Once your return is picked up for processing, only then can the CRA confirm that they have received the return.
In other words your return could be in that pile for Months and still not show received from the CRA.
Now if you sent out your return with a tracking number, and the tracking number has confirmed it reached it's destination, that means that your return is there, but has not been picked up for processing yet.
Now if you sent out your return via regular post, the only way you will know if it reached it's destination is when the CRA picks it up for processing.

T1198, I am beginning to think that with the large number of members sending in this form, it is throwing the CRA off guard.
The T1198 should be automatic, there should be no excuse for screw up's, with the large number of forms coming in from Manulife to them, all processing centers should have been given a heads up, and instructions should have followed suit.
Now if you are lucky enough to get a processing agent that's on the ball, well then your alright, you have been looked after.
If you get bypassed like I did, well then, you have to restart all over again, meaning another 4 to 6 Weeks if your lucky.
To find out if they used your T1198, well if your assessment has not changed, and there is no mention of the T 1198 in your assessment, and a CRA agent cannot confirm to you that it has been used, you have been bypassed.
You will have to take action to fix this.

Paying your taxes by the deadline, I have paid mine, I am not going to take any chances on this one, the heartbleed means absolutely nothing to me, after my experience with my return, I do not trust the system.
In making my decision I also looked at the fine print, and the fine print say's pay by the deadline PERIOD.
If I was to pay late, and have interest placed upon me, which I may add is huge, I don't have the time to fight it, and to be honest I really don't want to fight it, as I have enough on my plate as it is.
That is just me, not meant to encourage others to do the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 28 Apr 2014, 19:35

Well put Trooper. I think the CRA has gotten overwhelmed with the paper files and T1198 as you described.

One point not mentioned as yet. When speaking with the accountant firm today about the tax bill et al there are options that are available to people who for whatever reason feel they want to wait to pay the tax amount until the T1198 are completed. A special application is available to send to CRA which would grant someone exemption on paying taxes until the 1198 is done. I decided not to complicate issues submitting one of these but it is an option for those who can not pay their balances.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak on Mon 28 Apr 2014, 19:47

I called CRA again today. Not received. RE-SEND a duplicate copy. My accountant seems to think it was delivered but in a pile somewhere. So to the post office I go tomorrow, copy in hand, $20 for an overnight courier. Only to have two copies in at CRA. It was STRONGLY suggested I pay my balance tomorrow as the penalty is massive. No choice here folks. Feck sakes!
Stressed Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Mon 28 Apr 2014, 19:50

Sapper my ole boy it sucks but a least everything is the same, NOW THAT IS A KICK IN THE BALLS stay Frosty Buddy we will all get there,
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 28 Apr 2014, 19:50

Sapper, in the same boat here. Teen made a good point though about holding off resending a duplicate tax return for fear of complicating matters with two returns at CRA. What are your thoughts on this Sapper?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 28 Apr 2014, 19:54

This is really unbelievable ! No answers, duplicate returns, too much. I am going to given another two weeks, that way I am sure it's either done or not. Then I will Netfile mind and at the same time express post a t1 adjustment with the form 1198, that way I know they gotten And then they can do the adjustment

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 28 Apr 2014, 19:58

Just don't discount the fact that your paper return maybe at it's location, but has not yet been picked up for processing, resulting in the CRA not being able to tell you that your return is there.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Mon 28 Apr 2014, 20:24

Rcn-retired I hear you, it's a can of worms all the bureacracy and frustration. Teen said " no matter how much I dig at CRA I can't get a straight answer!  " Kinda reminds me of last years debauchery of Ontario credits and rebates. My very old timer HR block friend of mine told me at the time he didn't have the answers because CRA did not have the answers either! Had to wait until the dust settled. Well, that gives the CRA a failing grade IMO. But it makes sense to me... what with the amount of lay-offs in every federal department around 1 - 2 years ago. Remember? Province by Province... department by department and by the hundreds including VAC. Shyte, those 9 offices? Probably just a freaking afterthought   Mad 

But tomorrow is another day. and I'm going to a CPP(d) office with a list of questions in person, Pray for me brothers that I don't speak with a do-do bird.
Ahh... digger you mean keep them in the dark and feed them whaaat? Very Happy 

btw... This thread/topic is sisip. Truth be told I am not on it and don't have claw scars... just peacetime fracked and old pa. pinger.

Rock the Hill
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 28 Apr 2014, 20:32

Your post reminded pinger of what my accountant said today. She said in the past we could just go down to the local Tax office and hand in our returns and have them stamped as received but now all the "windows" at the office are no longer and even though you can drop off your tax return there no one can stamp it for you as received anymore.

Good luck with the Service Canada office tomorrow pinger. Make sure to take a couple extra CPP D application packages home with you in case you make a mistake filling it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 28 Apr 2014, 20:59

Well, Trooper, I just checked my cra account and guess what my return was completed. Guess what they did NOT use the form 1198. So after a half hour on the phone I have to mail in the form 1198 to the tax centre again asking them to apply it to my 2013 return. PISSED is beyond what I feel! they said they could not find my form 1198 but I had wrote in bold letters on the frnt of my return FORM 1198 enclosed. CRA a bunch of tools

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Mon 28 Apr 2014, 21:10

Hey digger, I always take 2 or 3 paper applications for whatever... in person.
I'm going to the CPP(d) office tomorrow but the CRA, Revenue Canada Office where I am? Last year their office of 30 or so cubicles did not have any people in them (they used to). I had to use a phone to put me on hold just as much as I could have been at home on my phone. So much for progress.

robbie, paybacks might be a bee but remember karma, it comes around just as it goes around. Just hurts like a sob in the meantime. pinger.

Rock the Hill
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 28 Apr 2014, 21:18

Really sorry to hear that Navrat. Stay strong.

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 65 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 35 ... 65  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top