Stay on top of the CRA !!!

Page 62 of 65 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Stay on top of the CRA !!!

Post by Guest on Sat 01 Nov 2014, 08:42

RCN you are absolutely correct if you had gotten the money when you were suppose to but still didn't pay your taxes on it and now decided to pay those back taxes then you would be charged interest and or penalty . however you would be allowed to file a request for tax relief and if you have a good reason they will cancel all of those.

but since the GOC stole the money you pay "what they call deemed tax " so they will not have to grant you relief under the fairness provision because its not interest ore a penalty but a tax.

funny thing is after reading what I believe is ALL of the tax legislation and most of that more times than I care to say . not once have I seen this called or defined as deemed tax . this calculation for deemed tax only seems to be called the prescribed rate of interest.

ya its stealing all right not including this under the fairness provision is unfair and thus the fairness provision is not satisfying its intent as to fairness.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 01 Nov 2014, 21:12

Great work Triple !!!

Great Idea to send this link to the CBC, everything is in this link to allow for a clearer picture of this cluster.

I as others did request and internal investigation into the tax payer relief part, and also asked for the Deemed taxes to be waived.
The conclusion of this was as follows;
For the tax payer relief the answer given to me was no penalties were applied, resulting in not being able to be approved for tax relief.
For the Deemed taxes, the conclusion was that the CRA followed the letter of the law in full, in applying this to our 1198 calculations.

A couple of things to keep in mind here.

1. This investigation was done by the CRA itself, and no attempt was made by the CRA agents who were conducting our 1198's to try and have either the Deemed taxes waived, while processing our 1198's, or, to answer our call for a little relief from the tax relief form.

2. The above two points although may be important ones, and in turn could even be viewed as cruel, even though they may have followed the rules, no attempts to reach out and try to lesson some of the financial burden placed upon us, were even considered.
These two points are only two out of the many problems and or stress that the CRA has placed upon us, this link " stay on top of the CRA " will show the many others.

Back to top Go down

Post by malteezers on Mon 03 Nov 2014, 15:05

My husband (medically released 1990 -100% disabled) and I also contacted the CBC and are willing to lend support to this although, like all here, my husband expressed feelings of disloyalty and fear that there would be repercussions if he 'went public'.   We got a call from CBC today saying that they wanted to run this story for next Monday and were hoping to film it tomorrow.  Unfortunately, the only person willing to go on camera has had their case settled.  I really wish there was someone willing to go public on this. Is there really no one willing in this group?

malteezers
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Mon 03 Nov 2014, 15:16

I am the person malteezers is referring to, yes my taxes took 4 months to do but I have not had any of the problems i read on CSAT.

I explained to the CBC producer that fear is what the GoC, VAC, CRA prey on. I put 100% of this shyte show on the shoulders of CRA and the GoC!

No veteran should have to go thru this. We were all loyal to our country and our country is failing us by allowing this to happen to our most seriously injured and vulnerable veterans.

If someone does want to Go Public please contact me via PM and I will forward the contact info for the CBC producer to you.

Just to remind those who are not members of the CSAT you can contact me via CSAT Forum Master link.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 03 Nov 2014, 16:44

I will give my opinion on going forward to the CBC in bringing to light problems which did occur in a good number of Veterans with respect to how Veterans were treated by the CRA in processing our 2013 returns.
I know many will disagree on how I see it, that's not a problem for me, just remember, it is only my opinion.

First off, before any one person goes forward with any public interview against the CRA, I think it is important to speak about topics,. that are topics that will have a positive outcome.
In other words, what said, can lead to and investigation, that will have some sort of a positive outcome for the Veterans in general.

Three things come to mind;

1. Speaking about how the CRA handled our T1198's.

2. The RC4288E form, tax relief, ( financial hardship ) ect......

3. Deemed taxes applied to our 1198 calculations.

Let me start with no# 2, the RC4288E form, in order to be approved for tax relief, penalties would have had to taken place, NO PENALTIES were ever applied, so no matter which way one sees it, going against the CRA with this, would in my mind never be won.
Same goes with financial hardship, no matter of your original return, and or any Deemed taxes that we may have encountered, how can one prove financial hardship when no penalties were applied.
I was charged Deemed taxes, do I like it, no, but what is winnable,  what is not winnable, this in my view is definitely not winnable.

No"3, Deemed taxes, the CRA followed the tax law to the fullest in applying this to our 1198 calculations.
So in my opinion, going against the CRA for this would not be winnable.

So the way in which I see it, leaves no# 1, the way in which the CRA as a hole, handled our 2013 returns, which included the T1198.
I truly believe that no"1 is the only avenue to pursue in this matter.
If others can shine some "FACTS" on numbers 2 and three, with respect to having a positive result, please come forward, facts only, remember, these are our brothers and sisters who will be going through with this interview.

In closing,

We here at CSAT help one another out, that's what we do.
I am going to try and attempt to help my fellow Veterans who maybe considering going forward to the CBC with their story, by giving some advice.
We must ask ourselves this, what are the chances of repercussion in revealing our Identity in going forward with this, let's not be fooled, your number is noted, so in my view the chances a very high.
The Ideal way to approach this in my mind, would be to not reveal your Identity, remember, once it's done, it's to late to change it, so bottom line here is whichever way you choose to do it, the decision lies with you.
This is only my way of reaching out to give my opinion, hoping to help other Veterans.
For those who have no problem with revealing your Identity, all I can say is go for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Mon 03 Nov 2014, 17:46

trooper that is what the CBC wanted to concentrate on...how the CRA was not doing their job in processing tax returns.

They had plenty of warning but they were far from being professional in their job. In other words we are all familiar with...

Dereliction of Duties

The CRA put the mental health of veterans in jeopardy by NOT preparing to process these tax returns in a timely, professional manner.

As for putting yourself in the CRA's or GoC, VAC's cross-hairs? As you all know I have been an advocate for over 7 years and I've put myself out there for any of these departments to come after me and to date they haven't.

Why?

They know the press would have a field day with any repercussions against a veteran. I took VAC to court to get my disease recognized and won. Sean Bruyea's privacy was breached and he took them to court and won. Dennis Manuge took the GoC to court for us and he won.

All this to say you have to trust the "system" to protect you from bureaucrats who "think" they are above the rules and guidelines of the system.

Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 03 Nov 2014, 18:49

Teen,

I am happy to hear that the CBC is concentrating on the incompetence of the CRA in processing our returns.
This approach I think would be a proactive one.

With respect to being put in the cross hairs of any GOV department, your point that they have not come after you to date is comforting for sure, and certainly does prove that repercussions are not absolute.
However, the possibility of repercussion does exist, and as we both know even though we have the right, and ability to challenge any such repercussion, this can take it's toll health wise on and individual.
We are all unique in our own way when it comes to dealing with the stress involved in having to fight the Government, some will deal with it with very little problems, while others, may not be so fortunate.
Sometimes I think it's just a good reminder to raise this possibility, one can never tell, when one is acting in anger.

So the way I see it, both your opinion, and mine, are credible in this case

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 03 Nov 2014, 19:30

For what it is worth, anyone who willingly puts themselves in potential adversary situations by going public against any organization especially GOC,  has to consider whether the risks outweighs any possible benefit  for themselves or others in contrast to any potential harm that may or may not come to fruition.  I would not be willing to  take on that type of risk based on past outcomes I have seen with respect to Veterans. I am concerned for any person who does but utmost respect for those who have the courage to do so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 03 Nov 2014, 20:07

just a point on the deemed tax issue only .

not opinion but two FACTS .

FACT #1 they can grant relief from penalties and INTEREST.

FACT #2 you never have to prove financial hardship unless you are saying that is your reason for applying . the FACT is their are many reasons for applying as stated in the ACT such as  extraordinary circumstances .

I don't really believe this issue is a matter for the press ( but probably wouldn't hurt ) its more a matter for the courts and in my opinion very winnable there .

the issue of what I think might be 25% of the 1198 being dropped and a lot of those maybe most of those still don't even realize it. well that is a matter for the press if for nothing more than informing those vets that their 1198s were never even looked at.

if I was one of those that didn't have my 1198 looked at id do that interview but mine was looked at first time out.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by TripleT on Tue 04 Nov 2014, 10:48

You hit the nail right on the head there Teen...I don't trust them as far as I can throw them! The GOC is full of PSAC “indeterminates” who operate with impunity and held accountable for nothing. They can't be fired! They will shuffle the useless t*t to another department to screw that up. I've rubbed shoulder's with many of them throughout my military career, and the culture that's rampant in government offices is enough to make you sick. I could give you story after story, but you all know what I'm talking about! I used to have a desk beside a civie who would take all the pending paperwork in his in box and place everything into a “thousand miler” and mail it to himself through central registry and take off golfing. Ya, you know what I'm talking about! A couple of years ago I received a letter from veterans affairs informing me that my subsidies have been terminated and I am in an overpayment of $75,000.00 going back almost 10 years. I was like “WTF”!? Month's and month's, and a ton of correspondence later, I finally managed to convince them that it was “an error on the part of a federal government employee”, however, rather than admit to me that it was in fact an error on the part of an employee, they chose to remit the amount(thank you lord jesus) on the grounds that it would “create financial hardship”. No s**t sherlock! What a crock of camel dung! It's called incompetence! And you and I and every other Canadian out there has to deal with this daily! If it's not happening to me, it's happening to him, or her, or that guy! I spend a great deal of my time having to write letters and respond to a seemingly perpetual flow of freaking paperwork for something or other that usually involves me trying to fix something that they have screwed up!!! Son of a *****!!
I honestly believe that in order for you to be successful as a government employee is to have a huge chip on your shoulder...and many do! It's that “you can't fire me, and I can make your life more miserable than you can make mine” attitude!

So yes, I am extremely worried about reprisal and repercussions from the GOC if I put my face to the story! I believe I'm no different than most of you in that area. Yes, I do feel a little cowardly for that, but my family is in a very bad way right now and they don't need anymore crap!

For what it's worth, I was on the phone last night debating with the producer why we should still be able to do the segment with me blacked out, but she was adamant that “CBC Go Public” is a program that “puts a face to the issue”! Okay I said, fair enough! It was obvious I'm not going to change her mind. I did plead that there must be some other way that CBC can get the story out there, and her response to me was she was going to give it to her bureau chief and see what they say.

As far as I'm concerned, this matter is not over. I will try and find another way to do this. In the interim, I intend to wait for a spell to see if the producer I talked with has another avenue we can take. I made an agreement to give her an exclusive, so I would like to give her first kick at the ca...indeterminates.

TripleT
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2013-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 04 Nov 2014, 12:41

TTT buds all I have to say is THANKS you are trying very hard and I understand.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 04 Nov 2014, 12:44

Good call Triple T,

your in no way a coward, putting yourself, and your family first, is the right thing to do !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by malteezers on Tue 04 Nov 2014, 15:51

So many really good responses that all make sense. We feel the pain of sitting on the fence!! Ouch! We will offer our support if the group decides to 'go public' or otherwise. We just don't feel the confidence necessary to spearhead this. All the comments about how hard this issue is, are deeply felt in our home too. It can be a terrible struggle. It seems no end is in sight some days.

malteezers
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 04 Nov 2014, 17:02

malteezers,

I would like to see the public have first hand knowledge of the stress the CRA has put on so many Veterans throughout this whole ordeal.

However, I think it takes a certain type of individual to come forward and bring this to light publicly.

What we don't want is one who takes this on, and turns out to cause him or her more stress.

It is not the end of the world if it is never brought to light in this manner.

I am sure if no individual does come forward and spearheads this with the CBC, other avenues could be used.

The health of all Veterans must come first, we have enough on our plates as it is.

Just my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 04 Nov 2014, 21:14

from what I have seen the GOC will frack anyone at any time except those that complain about it . ya let these guys frack you without so much as a whimper THEY WILL KEEP DOING IT!!!!

ya make noise they in most cases will stop because ya see there is thousands more out there that will bend over and take it without so much as a word . some people cant and I sure as hell get THAT .

just some incoherent rambling's from a ghost I guess .

we will have a political wing some day and on that day things will start to get better.

the civies that run the legion will of course not be included but the members will.

propat

Back to top Go down

Page 62 of 65 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top