Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Stay on top of the CRA !!!

Page 65 of 65 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 63, 64, 65

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Stay on top of the CRA !!!

Post by Guest on Wed 23 Apr 2014, 19:10

Robbie did you fill out the adjustment yourself ? or did you have the person who completed your return do it ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 23 Apr 2014, 19:02

Thanks Robbie, we are both in the same situation, I am not a happy camper, I thought all was done, than this shit comes into play, well we will both see this to the end, never give up the fight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 23 Apr 2014, 18:58

Hi propat, you are right, we must stand our ground, and continue the follow up.

Apparently they take your return and pass it down the line, during these transfers, in my case they took the Lump sum amount out of Box 104 and put it in Box 101, this is clearly a mistake on their part, once this error occurs, say goodbye to the 1198.

Just to add something to my post above, apparently there is another avenue to take, you can request to the CRA by phone a ticket be submitted, this is done when it is the CRA that does the mistake on your return, they will take another look at all submitted paper work, and take the appropriate action.

Just want to make sure everyone is given a fair chance at this 1198.

Off topic propat, do you really think we need more rain, lots of water around, floods are hurting lots of people, I guess we can't fight mother nature.
50mm between now and tomorrow evening.

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Wed 23 Apr 2014, 18:40

Bastards and good luck with that Trooper I know the feeling brother, but now at least with the T1 Adjustment you sent back in you will have that AGENTS UtMost undivided attention, good luck and have a drink on me, whooahhhaaaaa
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 23 Apr 2014, 17:51

couldn't agree more trooper a said it many times and ill say it again all should ask for a copy of their 1198 calculations that way you can see for sure not only if they even bothered to do them but you can also see if they didn't use it even if they would have helped you.

every human makes mistakes and these guys are no different by a long shot.

its YOUR return guys OWN IT.

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Stay on top of the CRA !!!

Post by Guest on Wed 23 Apr 2014, 15:32

Robbie and Recon has got it right, CHECK RE CHECK, CHECK AND RECHECK, again.
As I write this I am trying to keep my cool, when you get your notice of assessment, by my account, mail, and or by phone from a CRA agent, make sure that it does include info with respect to the T1198. If it does not, you have been bypassed by the CRA, some processing agents are putting in the Lump sum in a different box when processing our returns, this error will cause the T1198 to become void. In other words they will not calculate years pass for you, even though you have submitted the T1198 form with your taxes.

In the event that this error occurs, you will have to complete and send in a T1 adjustment form, along with a copy of your T1198.

It sucks but it has to be done in order for you to see if you will benefit from the T1198, as some are already reporting benefiting from it.

We live in a world where mistakes can sometimes happened, not good when your on the hook for owing over $50000.
What can we do, nothing but fill out the adjustment form.

In closing just make sure that you verify that your T1198 has been used, DON'T TAKE THEIR WORD FOR IT !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 65 of 65 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 63, 64, 65

View previous topic View next topic Back to top