Our Support and Thoughts To Moncton RCMP Family

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Our Support and Thoughts To Moncton RCMP Family

Post by Ex Member on Thu 05 Jun 2014, 10:36

With the tragedy unfolding in Moncton with our RCMP family our thoughts and prayers to the families and community of RCMP.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Our Support and Thoughts To Moncton RCMP Family

Post by prawnstar on Thu 05 Jun 2014, 10:39

Sorry Digger we were both writing at the same time.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 05 Jun 2014, 10:41

prawnstar it is only right that we are all thinking of our RCMP brothers and sisters.  Tragic losses.

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar on Fri 06 Jun 2014, 10:56

Hey Digger we sure drummed up alot of sympathetic replies on this one.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Fri 06 Jun 2014, 17:07

It is unfortunate what happened prawnstar but we all just went thru a 12 year war. Sympathy is an automatic moment in our heads.

And the second thought...yeah special place in Hell for guys like this.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar on Fri 06 Jun 2014, 20:49

Understood.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 08 Jun 2014, 19:21

Well such a tragic event that unfolded last Wednesday evening, I as many others are feeling for the family, friends, and the community.

This country is standing with these police officers in this difficult time.

I had the opportunity of dealing with some police forces and there members while serving in the CF.
I can say that I have the utmost respect for them, as they showed the utmost respect for us.

Some of my closes friends are police officers, and they are by far outstanding individuals.

As far as the RCMP officers who lost there life in this awful crime, for me it was really hard to believe, and hurt me as well, as I can say that these officers of Moncton and the surrounding area are really good people, they treat everyone with respect, they push when they have to, and they are always willing to help others, they do there job, and they do it well.

It is difficult to heal from such a tragic event, however it looks like the communities are on the right path in dealing with it.
The cowardly actions that this one Justin Bourque has done, has changed so many lives, affected so many people, the ripple effect of this crime continues, and will continue to affect people for years to come.

I pray for these fallen officers, and I also pray for the families of the fallen officers in hopes that they find the strenght to move forward in there lives, knowing that this is what these officers would have wanted.

R.I.P

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Sun 08 Jun 2014, 20:02

Well said Trooper....well said.

Like I have stated earlier I just wish there is a special place in hell for "disturbed" people like Justin Bousrque.

They live in the greatest country in the world. They have all the opportunities laid out in front of them. Yet they choose a path of anarchy.

If only we could understand, figure out, why? Yes this is a mentally disturbed man but he is 24 living a normal Canadian life. Not in the military, fire fighter, police. What 'carnage' has he seen to push him to do what he did?

I only see another 'child' of the 'me' generation having a temper tantrum. Knowing that he will be famous, 3 hots and cot, and out of jail in less then 25 years...as dictated by the Liberal hug a thug program.

I cry for this country. Especially after this most momentous weekend of the 70th anniversary of D-Day.

I have read so many stories from our Canadian WWII vets over the last 4/5 days and even I think "have I done enough for my country?"

Then I have to read about this Justin Bourque. The damage he has done to children of the RCMP officers he snuffed out, like in a video game, with no remorse. The child who has not taken one breath of air who will never, never be held by his/her father.

What happened to our Canadian way of life? It is a very conflicting event this past weekend of commemoration and mourning.....
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Sun 08 Jun 2014, 21:15

@ teen,
What happened to our Canadian way of life?
It's been in the toilet the last few years.

When I was on hill Thursday morning, I was talking with this RCMP officer on duty about RTH stuff, shooting the breeze, swapping stories (he was ex-navy too), been around the block, real nice guy...  after a while I said tx. Then I shook his hand, and offered condolences. I kept his gaze. Talk about keeping up appearances, we both did but not in the... inside. Know what I mean?
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 09 Jun 2014, 10:10

Teen, I really would not know what caused this individual to do what he has done, let alone comprehend it.

What I can say is this, I have noticed a disturbing trend that is taken place within our North American society.

People are no longer wanting to seek help, and or talk things out anymore, they for some reason think that killing other innocent human beings is the way to deal with their problem.

It is almost becoming the norm to turn on the TV, and hear of another mass murder.

The important question is how will our society deal with this disturbing trend, some are pointing to gun control, others are pointing to become more aggressive in addressing mental health issues.
I do not know what method, if any, will prevent further lost of life of our fellow Brothers and Sisters, but it's a shame to even think that this maybe the way going forward.

When I was younger me and my fellow troopers use to clean out bars all across the country, in those days it was like this, the best man won.
In today's world the bar fights would not be won by the best man, it is won by who carries the best weapon.
No man no matter how tough can stop a bullet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Jun 2014, 18:29

Although today was and emotional day, it was comforting to see the great support, and respect of people from all walks of life, and people who wore different uniforms,
that came out to say their last goodbye to these three fallen R.C.M.P officers.

We even had people from abroad, it's unity like this that makes me proud to have served my Country, and to be Canadian..

Back to top Go down

Post by Anneteak on Thu 12 Jun 2014, 15:29

My attention was drawn to a Facebook page this morning that held up Justin Bourque as a hero and advocated violence, etc. against police officers.   Myself and several others reported the page to Facebook and were told:

"We reviewed your report of Justin Bourque is a Hero.  Thank you for taking the time to report something that you feel may violate our Community Standards. Reports like yours are an important part of making Facebook a safe and welcoming environment. We reviewed the page you reported for containing credible threat of violence and found it doesn't violate our Community Standards."

Pretty pathetic, eh?  I went a step further and reported the page to the FBI in Maryland where the young man who opened the page lived.  The page is no longer up, but not because it violated 'Community Standards'.

I hope and pray that the families of the fallen and the injured officers don't have to fight VAC for their just compensation, but I don't have much faith in VAC or our government to leave them their dignity unless the media is watching.

Anneteak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2014-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar on Thu 12 Jun 2014, 15:43

Good call Anneteak.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Thu 12 Jun 2014, 16:13

Anneteak one thing about VAC and the RCMP. If VAC tries to pull some funny stuff they, and spouses in this case, have the union behind them to help.

Remember the RCMP stayed under the PA because for the GoC to change their benefits it has to be done thru collective bargaining agreements (CBA) as the RCMP is unionized. If I remember correctly when the GoC approached the RCMP to include the NVC in the next CBA the head of the union made an executive decision and said "Ahh we will pass on this one".

Makes you wish we could have had the same courtesy.

But good call on Borque bringing out the 'lunatic fringe'. The head of the NRA tried to wade into the Moncton shooting and pulled out right away. I'm going to guess they got a few emails from Senators, Congressmen to shut up and leave Canada alone about guns.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 12 Jun 2014, 16:37

What do you expect when you have a conservative pro gun lobby, tea party freaks , that actively promote such lies and rumours in the USA about Obama and revoulaton, taking their guns away, healthcare and death panels. To the average person these conservatives represent the lowest of the low, just a bunch of rich people, 1 percent , who want to keep the vast majority of the planet as interest slaves. These conservatives fool low income people into thinking that conservatives represent them which is sad. It only takes some people who suffer from a mental illness to actually believe this propgrada and act out on these ideas. I believe all conservatives should be rounded up and thrown into re-education camps, taught basic princples of love to your fellow human, and most of all to erase the scourge of greed which is at the heart of every conservative ideal

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top