VIP SERVICES ARE YOU GETTING WHAT YOU ARE ENTITLED TOO

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

VIP SERVICES ARE YOU GETTING WHAT YOU ARE ENTITLED TOO

Post by RobbieRoyal on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 18:51

I received this interesting tidbit from an airborne brother whom actually called the number below and walked the shocked VAC Client Services Person through the tables below and asked why he was only receiving 1400 for all services combined?
She will call him later when she addresses the issue with her supervisor, and the WHEELS ON THE BUS GO ROUND AND ROUND.

ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS TEENTITAN?
PROPAT
BIG REX
TROOPER SPARROW

VETERANS INDEPENDENCE PROGRAM - NATIONAL RATE TABLE
HOUSEKEEPING AND GROUNDS MAINTENANCE SERVICES
Effective January 1, 2014

These are the maximum rates payable by geographic area. They were calculated based on a review of prevailing rates for these services across the country, and the labour market index (HRSDC). These rates will be used to calculate grant amounts for new applicants and for reassessing current housekeeping and grounds maintenance recipients.

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/pdf/vip-nat-rates.pdf

VIP call # is 1-855-342-3760. ASK for ANSWERS.

FOR EXAMPLE THOSE LIVING IN ONTARIO HERE ARE THE AVERAGE RATES FOR VIP SERVICES
• HOUSE KEEPING (RATES PER HOUR) 23.75
• CHIMNEY (RATES PER OCCURANCE) 140.00
• FURNACE (RATES PER OCCURANCE) 135.87
• LAWN CARE RATES PER ANNUM [SM] 539.00 [MED] 673.75 [LRG] 962.50
• SNOW REMOVAL RATES PER ANNUM [SM] 646.56 [MED] 881.67 [LRG] 1,116.78
• OTHER GRDS MAINT RATES PER ANNUM [SM] 65.63 [MED] 131.25 [LRG] 262.50

RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1697
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Re: VIP SERVICES ARE YOU GETTING WHAT YOU ARE ENTITLED TOO

Post by Guest on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 20:27

lol @ Robbie buds ive been there , not that this is funny , but that is around what I was receiving the last time we had a conversation here about the rate tables. probably slightly less.

I wasn't getting any of the peripherals chimney ect. and I was getting $10.00 an hour for house and grounds. that's minimum wage in this province.

I did bring it up a couple of times to no avail.

here is the thing he should first try the system and see what happens.

now mine changed by luck. blue cross called me out of the blue lol to ask me something strange ( don't recall what ) about their service sending me the cheques . I told them im having no trouble with the checks except the amount. anyway after confirming I was getting the amount I was entitled to she asked me a pile of questions about yard size house size ect. the conversation was over. two months later my amount more than doubled.

may be coincidence and DVA was going to voluntarily increase it that much  anyway lmao . what the frack am I even saying.

anyway if he is unsuccessful I would get hold of the section at blue cross that issues these checks saying he has an inquiry about his last payment .

then when he gets hold of someone their ask them is the amount correct as it seems awfully low for his house size , area he lives in ect and who knows????

tell him to be nice to them as this is not their job and it seems they by no means are out to cheat anyone  they fracking ROCK.

hope this helps

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 20:49

Well last time I was briefed on this by VAC at a Stakeholder Meeting is the following:

Each "region" of said province is determined by Stats Canada for hourly wages/lawn service/snow removal etc.

Now if a VAC client can show that they cannot get said services at the set prices then you get your CM to come and reassess but you need to provide quotes from 3 companies to prove what you are getting for VIP is insufficient.

Great find RR
teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3209
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 21:09

lol that's a good system glad I didn't have to go through that only 2 companies here that do that and only one of them will travel out this way at an increased rate of course.

in the past when I asked the CM came out and I had no need for quotes but than again nothing changed maybe I should have at least one.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 22:13

Hey if they don't tell you that you need quotes then don't bother.

I was told each DO has all the Stats Canada for their region/s. So they then take that and put it in their formula/calculations.

Then of course if all else fails to get the proper VIP benefit the client can appeal.
teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 22:13

like i said i find this odd just like talking to pinoccio when a CM comes up with stats can non-re;lated shote
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 22:16

Oh yeah one other thing I forgot to mention...

VAC has been using this formula for the last 15 years and they have around a 94% accuracy rate. CM's are required to do these calculations during their training and for the job.
teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 14 Aug 2014, 22:58

lmao tried to have mine changed twice with two different CMs and nothing. guess I was in the 6% groop twice and im guessing ( judging by the tables ) so is RRs buddy. and one phone call from blue cross and they straightened it all out without even saying they would.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired on Fri 15 Aug 2014, 00:22

Mine changed when in the annual VIP tell us how things are form I indicated that I was getting less under the new scheme then when my provider billed VAC direct and that there was no way to do the yard work for the funds they provided. Someone called me from Blue Cross and like Propat asked me a ton of questions and about a month later I got a letter indicating more funds and a top up cheque. I agree with Propat, these folks were the good guys, not the normal blood sucking leaches like a few in PEI.
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Fri 15 Aug 2014, 03:06

Well, I know that since moving out of a trailer park, to an actual house last march, my allotment for yard maintenance and snow removal hasn't increased, and my housekeeping actually decreased, when they switched me over to the new bursary. They actually pay for fewer hours per week, to clean a two story home with finished basement, than they did in my trailer. But because the company will only come in for a 3 hour minimum, I was left with only 2 choices, reduce the number of days they came in, or pay out of pocket. I just got my annual questionnaire yesterday, so I'll let you know if things change once I submit that.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3047
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 15 Aug 2014, 08:15

RCN yup the same as me it wasn't the next month tough but the month after . and yup I did get a top up check with my letter. buds we got lucky getting that call I wish everyone would.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Fri 15 Aug 2014, 18:49

Rex,

when completing my questionnaire I did state on it that there was a problem with my housekeeping allowance,
after submitting it, a few Weeks later I received a call from blue cross.
The individual from blue cross was extremely helpful,
and I was happy that the call came from blue cross.
In my opinion, blue cross will do everything possible to increase your allowance.

Trooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4879
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Wed 20 Aug 2014, 06:28

I have another question troops,
Is it policy to assess only A pensioned Entitlements and tell your visiting Occupational Therapist to not assess the VIP (B) entitlements, this was relayed to me by my therapist during her last visit?
I think it stinks of shote and if that is a common practice we are being denied valuable services.
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired on Wed 20 Aug 2014, 10:09

Does not make any sense because B entitlements are special duty area and one would think they, like everything else VAC does put far more onus on a veteran if they were injured in a SDA.
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Wed 20 Aug 2014, 11:02

RR you are right it doesn't seem right. Call your CM and find out from him/her what is the correct procedure. If your CM verifies what the OT told you call the OVO and get them on it.

It's small things like this that VAC gets away with or CM's, OT's are not aware of the new rules.
teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top