Response To Improvement of NVC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Response To Improvement of NVC

Post by 6608 on Wed 01 Oct 2014, 16:02

Well here it is http://globalnews.ca/news/1592535/veterans-families-get-counselling-better-disability-payments-on-hold/

or http://vipmedia.globalnews.ca/2014/10/response-to-veterans-charter-recommendations.pdf

in a nut shell if it costs money more studies!!!!

Cheers
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Response To Improvement of NVC

Post by teentitan on Wed 01 Oct 2014, 16:31

WOW! They actually patted themselves on the back by releasing this 2 whole days before the 120 day deadline??? Someone better call Ottawa General Hospital and tell them to have extra plaster on hand for all the broken arms from the VAC Office from patting themselves on the back!

What the hell is a one-time top up and the rules?
What extra counselling for families?

This is the worse report ever!!!

To give everyone perspective as the publisher of VVi I'm on the VAC distribution list. I get Media Advisories before reports are released then I get the report late on the same day or the next day.

I got no media advisory so that's how much confidence VAC has in this report.

This is equivalent to a baseball trade where the final sentence says..."and a player to be named later"

So now we have to wait until later for more details. This whole report reeks of election talk and promises.
teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3243
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 01 Oct 2014, 16:32

Nothing is going to change with this government! People can say nothing changed with previous governments also ! But the past is the past, we know today Fantino aka THE MASTER believes we get to much, so my opinion is get rid of this government and see if the Trudeau revolution will make a difference, we have nothing to lose

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Wed 01 Oct 2014, 16:38

This is going to be an election theme thread so I CHALLENGE any politician to put in writing they will do better then the Cons.

Without a written promise with consequences for failing to full fill promises from the campaign trail a politicians words (from any party) is equivalent to the work the Cons are doing right now.

VETERANS ARE NOT CAMPAIGN PROMISES! WE ARE SICK AND INJURED CANADIANS THAT NEED HELP NOT PHOTO OPS...NOT EMPTY PROMISES...NOT MORE STUDIES!

WE NEED ACTION AND WE NEED IT NOW!!!
teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3243
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 01 Oct 2014, 16:42

The Master sees all, hears all, and ignores all! We can't defeat him! The only way is too pile all his bull shityte into a wheel barrel and dump it on the door steps of Mr Harper aka The Great Leader!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Wed 01 Oct 2014, 17:55

From the CBC......

Conservatives to overhaul veterans' benefits again to placate angry ex-soldiers

The Harper government plans further changes to its oft-maligned veterans charter, hoping to take the political sting out of complaints by ex-soldiers promising to campaign against them in the next election.

Veterans Affairs Minister Julian Fantino tabled the government's response to a House of Commons committee review, which earlier this year recommended 14 specific changes to the support and benefits regime.

The department plans immediate revisions that don't require spending or parliamentary approvals, to be followed — perhaps early in the new year — by changes requiring new money and co-ordination with other departments.

It remains unclear how much of the second phase will make it into next spring's federal budget, the last before a federal election scheduled for October 2015.

The Commons committee complained, among other things, that the pain and suffering awards given to severely injured soldiers don't match what the courts or provincial compensation systems provide.

'Further due diligence' needed on some fiscal issues

The government says it is studying how to address the problem, but a source with knowledge of the file said Wednesday that a one-time $70,000 top-up payment could be added to whatever lump sum is given to a soldier.

The source was not authorized to discuss the matter publicly and so spoke only on condition of anonymity.

Other fiscal issues, such as ensuring badly wounded soldiers receive financial benefits for life and the disparity in support between regular and reserve soldiers, will require "further due diligence," the government response said.

More symbolically, there will be a rewrite to the preamble of the veterans charter to explicitly spell out Canada's obligation to its veterans — a politically toxic issue that's at the heart of a lawsuit by veterans of the war in Afghanistan.

In their statement of defence, government lawyers argued the country has no special obligation to its servicemen and women and that the current government can't be bound by the political promises of its predecessors.

The Conservatives propose to remedy that by using language in the old Pension Act, which used to govern veterans, saying the application of the law should be "liberally construed" to the benefit of former soldiers and federal police officers.

Government accused of standing by while injured soldiers discharged

Whether that will be enough to silence critics remains to be seen.

Fantino was involved in a testy, public exchange with veterans last winter over office closures and was accused of ignoring pleas for a meeting with a military spouse in a separate incident last spring.

Both incidents were a black eye to a government that has staked its political reputation on defending those in uniform.

Last fall, the government was accused of being idle while the military summarily discharged injured soldiers, many of them with post-traumatic stress disorder, before they were ready to leave.

The Commons committee recommended no soldier be discharged until they were in a "stable" medical condition; Fantino's department responded that it intends to become involved earlier in the transition process.

It also plans to give spouses access to a suite of services, including a new program to train caregivers how to cope with the severely injured family members.

That was a key demand of veterans advocate Jenifer Migneault, who chased Fantino from a committee meeting last spring.

cbcnews.ca
Trooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 5254
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Wed 01 Oct 2014, 19:17

As I have stated in the past, Fantino is limited to what he can do on his own.

In this read, the following proves just that;" Immediate revisions that don't require spending or parliamentary approvals "

In my own opinion this government is holding fast on any extra spending that would cut into their surplus agenda, and gifts allotted in the next spring budget, to allow for them to shine economy wise, in the next Federal Election.

I think the PMO has instructed to Fantino, how to proceed with this report.
Just a guess here, how about putting something out that shows interest in the well being of Veterans, at the same time not spending any new funds.
Sound familiar ?

As I also have stated in the past, unfortunately for us the Veteran, we must acknowledge that going forward in our fight for benefits, it sure is starting to look like the way of the courts is becoming more and more of a reality, no matter the amount of suggested improvements we bring forward, it does not get implemented.
Also, I would not be to quick in thinking that the Liberals will do better, with respect to Veterans.
Let's not forget who came up with the NVC in the first place.
I only hope that I am wrong here about going the way of the courts, and hope that the government does a complete turn around, and proves me wrong.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 5254
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 01 Oct 2014, 20:25

THE MASTER will never give , he only takes ! The best thing outta all this mess is my new big tv from the Sisip Saga and I'll beable to watch THe Walking Dead season opener on the 12 Oct! Terminus reminds me of my local VAC office, welcoming when you enter then they scrape the benefits right off your file!

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Wed 01 Oct 2014, 22:06

I heard of Fantino's response earlier this afternoon. Read the first 2 - 3 paragraphs and really thought I'd throw up but cried instead. The audacity of condescending, patronizing, political bullshyte.
Do they think were idiots? The nerve of them, SHAME YOU!  Further analysis... will recommend... further review... ad nauseum. Speech writers, doublespeak, and rhetoric. It's all empty folks. Jan.30th will come and go just as the spring federal budget will forget us.
Seen it for years. In the mean time some guy said he had some c4 for a vac office in Ottawa today?  Oh me oh my, isn't that a reflection.
It'll be a few interesting days. OVO's thoughts will probably be forthcoming also.

Meanwhile, if Harper commits Canadian military resources to isis, where's the support for returning, injured fubars going to come from hmm? NVC... VAC?
Which leads me to recruitment centers. I wonder if there's been a decline in them lately or if they had cutbacks to fund pretty goc photo-ops ...
Don't get me wrong. I'd definitely do it all over again, but not in this day and age.  pinger.

What do you think propat? Is it all bullshyte? I think it is.
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1206
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 01 Oct 2014, 22:39

It is actually getting more stringent through the Recruiting Centre process and with young adults graduating from College and University into Canada's job challenged economy with higher post secondary education debt then ever before, the military seems like a good idea. Fortunately, our children did not take that route for obvious reasons but I fear those that do may be in for more then they signed up for. I would say Recruiting is thriving and are picking the cream of the crop from Canada.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce72 on Thu 02 Oct 2014, 09:03

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/conservatives-to-overhaul-veterans-benefits-again-to-placate-angry-ex-soldiers-1.2784394

Bruce72
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2014-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Thu 02 Oct 2014, 15:16

Navrat, the "master" can be beaten. All we have to do is send our wives after him, and he scurries away like a frightened child on Halloween.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3078
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 02 Oct 2014, 15:49

pinger you got it right bull pucky. will their be something their for disables vets come budget time ???

ya their will be a half measure on 2 ore 3 issues due to it being an election year to placate vets that buy into the BS but mostly for civies that don't see the real effects and they will spin these to be a huge gift from god.

we really need to vote IN BLOCK ON MASS that's the way to beat the political parties .

I would sure like to open a thread here after the next budget to discuss the politics of this next election and decide who we all should vote for.

yup everyone have their say and if you wish have people commit to voting not how you think we should vote but how we think we should vote .

before the election vote on here see the tallies and everyone vote for the party that won on here in the federal election. for those willing to commit to this of course.

imagine that not legion photo op BS to deal with but a group of vets willing to vote in block on vets issues to deal with I wonder what the powers that be would think about that.

propat

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top