SISIP at it again little help!!!!

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SISIP at it again little help!!!!

Post by Trooper on Sun 16 Nov 2014, 16:01

Just read over the order quickly, and could not find anywhere where it's states they have a deadline for the decision on appeals.

Funny thing is that I somehow thought I read that there was a deadline, that must have been for the deadline of members to submit their request for appeal.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 5107
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 16 Nov 2014, 17:59

Thanks trooper that is very helpful to know. I do recall deadline for applying and for rebuttals by GOC and MC. I guess we need to be patient but it isn't easy and the not knowing is scary but I guess we will all know at the same time the good, the bad and the ugly of it all. Thanks again.

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Sun 16 Nov 2014, 18:33

they took 13000 from me after I got approved CPPD, went back only 15 months so yup that could add up quickly troops I just wonder how this is going to effect my income taxes as it was over 23000 I received from CPPD but didn't see any because CFSA Pension took the other 11000 and obviously SISIP the other 13000. I actually have seen not a freaking penny of my CPPD cheque. So I will see an increase of 23000 for this upcoming income year yet it was all taken so will I see any return income tax wise or what? Getting the CPPD is a good thing but holy willey syite stoves were will this SISIP madness end.
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 16 Nov 2014, 20:03

I forget the name of the slip right now buds but you should get one from SISSIP and superannuation indicating the recovery amounts . they will go in with all your other tax slips and you will not be taxed on that amount as they already taxed it.  if I were you id be proactive ESPECIALLY WITH SISSIP and maybe start asking for them jan 1st .to much crap has already got fracked up and im sure you don't want to be doing your taxes 2 ore 3 times next year as well.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Mon 17 Nov 2014, 06:16

right on ProPat always check and re-check with these pricks
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird on Mon 17 Nov 2014, 09:00

The adjudicator has 60 days from when she receives the appeal to make a decision. For me she has had my appeal information since June 16 / 14 which is 5 months now.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1582
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Mon 17 Nov 2014, 16:08

firebird,

You should ref that quote from the order to the adjudicator.

Trooper
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird on Mon 17 Nov 2014, 20:09

I emailed the adjudicator months ago reference the timeline and she said more time is required as all appeal decisions must be made first before any appeal decisions are made know and that she requires more time because of the complexity of the appeals due to the lack of medical documentation being submitted to SISIP during the first 18th month and 24th month after medical release for those who are zero sum because no money was given by SISIP due to the clawback.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1582
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 17 Nov 2014, 20:15

If there is a court ordered time frame then that should be abided by regardless if they are complex appeals or an amendment to the court order is warranted and we should be advised. As for waiting for all the appeals to be completed before announcing them, that makes no sense to me whatsoever since the decisions are final and no further appeals are permitted. If we are approved, I wonder how long before the funds are calculated and delivered but that is putting the cart before the horse at this point.

Last edited by Remy on Mon 17 Nov 2014, 20:17; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Mon 17 Nov 2014, 20:16

Ok thanks, firebird.

Remy, I agree, was there no notice put out on this, stating the delay ?
Trooper
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 on Mon 04 May 2015, 20:04

I'm on a media campaign to end sisip offsets. Share widely. Policy void as illegal under Gov Contracting Regs

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2015-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Tue 05 May 2015, 11:09

Lawnboy can you give more details please?
teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3238
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 05 May 2015, 14:31

lawnboy I know what you are getting at but you may want to read 65(3) of the act before you jump into anything to deep .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 05 May 2015, 14:46

Propat, which act are you refering to? The Income Tax Act? Because, I believe Lawnboy is trying to say that deducting income tax from the SISIP LTD is illegal.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3073
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 05 May 2015, 15:46

im referring to the CPP act and judging by a pervious post of his referring to 65(1) of that act . witch is an understandable argument . however following that are the exemptions witch I believe he should take a closer look at 65(3) in particular .

propat

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top