Should we have a Royal Commission?

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Should we have a Royal Commission?

Post by Trooper on Wed 17 Dec 2014, 08:54

propat,

You are a good man and you know the respect I have for you, but my friend, I am not with you on this one.

I think you have taken what teen posted completely out of context.
Teen was simply posting his opinion on the subject just like anyone else here.
propat your response post seems to be aggressive in nature that goes against what we stand for here, nothing wrong with defending yourself but we can all do it in a way that allows room for excepting ones opinion without getting to upset.
It's not so much as to rather we agree - or not agree which of one is saying, it's more of hearing and discussing subjects to allow for a better understanding of the subject that is being discussed.
This also holds true in the way in which we respond to one another, we must respect each others opinion, rather we agree with it - or not.

Back to what teen has posted, he is correct in saying that it only went Conservative 6/7 years ago, and  before that it was a Liberal strong hold.

As far as holding a cabinet position to win in the next election, he is also correct and saying that you do not need this position to win.

I personally don't see anything wrong whatsoever of what teen posted that would reflect to be offensive towards you - or anybody else.
I would not have a problem posting the very same thing - the very same way.

propat, you are way off in your assessment of what was said with respect to you bordering disrespect.
Re read what he said " THROTTLE THE DISRESPECT BACK " he did not tell you to remove it, he did not remove it, he simply just told you to ease back a little, that in itself should have showed you the respect he has for you.
I do not see anything wrong with what he said whatsoever, In fact we all should be thankful to him for  given us all lots of leeway when it comes to him stepping in to control the site.

propat, your comment about him hating you, well, that is simply uncalled for, and I strongly suggest you remove that comment from your post, in fact, I would ask you to please  remove it.
I am surprise to hear you say such a comment, he certainly does not deserve that type of comment, both yourself and teen have done so much for so many, and to make such a comment towards him in that way, is just simply not true, and most definitely uncalled for.
I would say to you propat with all do respect, take a deep breath and re read what you have posted, and do what is needed to get back on track which is Veterans helping Veterans.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 5250
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 17 Dec 2014, 12:54

Propat , Csat needs you man! I could not have gone thru the battle of Sisip retro with out you! I am looking forward to your insight into the whole cola deal once it plays out, you have a friend and fan in Hammy town!

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Wed 17 Dec 2014, 13:16

propat my comments were my opinion to your conversation with Navrat. How you took it as a personal attack on what you have stated in this thread is mind boggling to me.

They were my opinions not an attack on your comments.

And as for the I hate you...if I did hate you and what you have been posting I would have stated it a long time ago. This forum is for veterans to post their thoughts and opinions. Everyone posts from the heart comments resulting from the arcaic beuracracy we vets go thru to get a feckn' aspirin.

I have only banned 4 people from this forum and I have a lot of people on this forum that hate me and send me pm's with very descriptive opinions about me. So if you want to join the line you are way, way, way back at the end of the line.

My job on this forum is to ask veterans who make "borderline" comments about a person to not do it or 'throttle it back'. This forum is open to everyone and anyone. Anyone being personnel that work for Fantino and report to him what is stated on this forum. So I publicly asked you to throttle it back to show Fantino's opinions that this is as far as descriptive opinions will go.

This forum has helped and encouraged VAC to change some procedures and policy. If we start throwing comments around that are insultive then this forum is no longer respected. It get's labeled as a website equivalent to the National Enquirer.

We are veterans and all I want is to let VAC, the HoC, and the public know that as badly as we are treated we will always show respect and would like the respect to be reciprocated from them.
teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Wed 17 Dec 2014, 20:23

ROYAL COMMISSIONS SUCK PERIOD, they pay idiots to tell other idiots that yup this is all facked up then they try to treat us like idiots and give us a soother only after spending absorbent amounts of tax payer dollars only to look like idiots, love ya troops now shut up and have a drink on me.
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Wed 17 Dec 2014, 21:17

Cheers to that, pinger.
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1206
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 18 Dec 2014, 00:56

RobbieRoyal wrote:ROYAL COMMISSIONS SUCK PERIOD, they pay idiots to tell other idiots that yup this is all facked up then they try to treat us like idiots and give us a soother only after spending absorbent amounts of tax payer dollars only to look like idiots, love ya troops now shut up and have a drink on me.

You have a way with words RR. Well said. Happy Holidays. santa

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 on Thu 18 Dec 2014, 05:41

Here is what Harper told peter Mansbridge in yesterdays year end interview on veterans and Fantino.................

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/full-text-of-peter-mansbridge-s-interview-with-stephen-harper-1.2876934

A COUPLE OF OTHER ISSUES, IF WE CAN SORT OF GO THROUGH QUICKLY. VETERANS AFFAIRS. NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT WHAT YOUR GOVERNMENT HAS DONE TO LOOK AFTER VETERANS, THE PERCEPTION - AND YOU KNOW THIS AS WELL AS ANYONE, THAT PERCEPTION CAN OFTEN BECOME THE REALITY – THE PERCEPTION IS THAT YOUR GOVERNMENT ISN’T LOOKING AFTER VETERANS WHO COME BACK FROM OVERSEAS POSTINGS, OVERSEAS CONFLICTS. AND WE NOW HAVE A COUNTRY WHERE THERE ARE THOUSANDS, IF NOT TENS OF THOUSANDS OF VETERANS IN THOSE POSITIONS. CAN THAT PERCEPTION CHANGE AS LONG AS THE MINISTER DOESN'T CHANGE?

Well look, I don’t – I don’t actually think that represents the perception of the vast majority of Canadian veterans. I know that to not be the case. Fact of the matter is this country has the best veterans programs and services in the world. There are services that we have increased significantly. We have some important changes going on in that area, Peter. Um, ah obviously we’re dealing with a big change in the veterans’ population. .The traditional World War 2, Korean War veterans are unfortunately diminishing in numbers and ah there’s a new wave of veterans really from Afghanistan and other conflicts we’re entering. So it’s a – you’re really finding that a whole bunch of traditional services, benefits that we deliver, there’s a shrinking demand for them very rapidly and increasing demand for other kinds of services. At the same time the previous government brought in what was called a new Veterans Charter, just at the end of their government. Now in fairness to them, this was widely proclaimed, supported by everybody, widely heralded by veterans groups at the time. But ah as time has gone on, it’s become apparent that ah there are some gaps in that programming so we’re dealing with those things. And we will continue to deal with them and I am confident that we’ll continue to have – look, I’m confident of two things. We’ll continue to have some people who will not be happy because it’s a diverse population, people are entitled to their views. There’s literally hundreds of thousands of clients of Veterans Affairs Canada. But at the same time we will respond and make the changes we need to make where we see real gaps in the services.

DO YOU REMAIN CONFIDENT IN MR. FANTINO (OVERLAP) AS THE MINISTER? (OVERLAP)

Well you know – You know, Peter, ah you know the – you know what the answer to that question is. You don’t have to ask it.

SO THERE’S NO CABINET SHUFFLE LOOMING IN THE EARLY NEW YEAR?

By definition the prime minister has confidence in all of his ministers.

Cheer's
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 18 Dec 2014, 08:30

There ya go for all the Harper cheerleaders, enough said!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 18 Dec 2014, 08:46

ok took my deep breath and it didn't help a whole lot still peed but not as much so , so ill give this a go ..

teen

I showed absolutely NO disrespect or EVEN borderline disrespect to ANYONE in the post I made that is in question .

and to told

" Propat you are bordering disrespect so throttle the description back "

for that is ridicules and of course a considered it a personal attack as it was directed at me.

as if for something I said witch I clearly DID NOT.

did I think something bordering on disrespect the second I finished righting one particular sentence ????

your GD right I did . a few things in fact . heck ill go ya one better and say ya they were COMPLEATLY disrespectful and funny as well .

did I want to right them ??? sure I did but I didn't .

I didn't use that animal with any intent just picked a barnyard animal but the second after I wrote it well I just had to laugh .

yes I did encourage the readers to use their own imagination after that and again showing no disrespect or borderline disrespect to anyone .

the only disrespect ANYONE should see in this is what me and the readers might THINK .

now me and you have had the freedom of speech debate before and I would only be to happy to have that again as you know all to well how strongly I feel about freedom of speech and how pro freedom of speech I am BUT FREEDOM OF THOUGHT !!!!

I will not be having that debate with anyone as that would just be admitting the freedom of speech debate is lost and we have now regressed into thought police ridden world a,la 1984 witch im sure the cons are working on as we speek.

again what I have written is in black an white and im only too happy to have a conversation about that but having to continuously try to respond to things people are saying I said when I clearly did not is fracking infuriating .

sure comment on what I have said disagree blast me ore whatever .

but here is a novel idea ; READ WHAT I FRACKIN WROTE BEFORE YOU DO SO!!!!!!!!!

MAKE SENCE TO ANYONE!!!!

I mean this has happened to many times to count and its fracking frustrating.

read it ten times if ya have to and if you are still unsure ask me to explain something.

as for people sending you nasty PM,s well don't expect that from me . but then again im sure you know by now if I have a problem with you I wanted to bring up via these means it would not be a PM it would be in the form where it belongs.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 18 Dec 2014, 09:35

btw

nav thanks buds I really appreciate that .

thanks again for the pm,s guys .

teen normally when something pees me off this much I walk away for a couple of days before I post anything .

I find I choose my words a little more carefully I unfortunately was not able to do that in this case.

for not waiting till as was calmer before I posted and for that alone i apologise to both you and myself .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Thu 18 Dec 2014, 13:59

With respect to the interview between Peter Mansbridge and Mr. Harper - I will give my opinion of the way in which I view this interview, and some thoughts beyond the interview.
To the ones that choose to read my post, I would just remind you all that it is simply my own views and opinions on the subject, no more to it than that.

First off with all do respect to the PM, when Mr. Harper say's that he does not think that it is the vast majority of Canadian Veterans who have the perception that the government does not look after Veterans, well that is a hard pill to swallow and this is the very same statement used time and time again with this government.
There may be a whole lot of reasons why this could be said, one, the government only hears from the Veterans groups, and I don't recall ever getting a government survey in the mail asking my opinion on the subject, so no wonder he say's that and continues to say it, the fact of the matter is that the groups who can, and do speak out are limited compared to the rest of the disable Veteran population.
One does not have to go far to know what the Veterans are saying, the numbers really are just that, numbers, one just has to look at what Veterans groups are saying, opposition parties, media, and the auditor generals report to really understand where the majority of Veterans stand.
Nevertheless, that is the way in which the PM sees it.
So no points scored from me on that statement from the PM.

The other point I would like to make with respect to this interview is Mr. Harper having confidence in Fantino as the minister, again just my opinion but all this tells me is that is what he is saying today, and it would also suggest to me that he intends on keeping him in that portfolio moving forward into the up coming election, again this is what he is saying today.
What about tomorrow ? We all know how fast things can change in politics, what is said today, may not stand tomorrow.
Not saying they will, but I will not discount the fact that it could.
I will give and example of how fast things can change in a situation such as this.
Take a look at what transpired during the Senate scandal, we all recall Mr. Harper standing firmly besides Mr. Wright only to make a complete about face when Mr. Wright became a liability.
Same thing could be said for Duffy, and Pamela Wallin.
Make no mistake this PM will take action with respect to Fantino in a heartbeat if he sees fit to do so, at any time.

The Veterans file has become a hot topic for this government, and some have already publicly stated that the Veterans file is the top miss play of the year for this government.
We all can agree that the Veterans file is indeed a very hot topic today, what about next year, election year, I don't see any slowing on this issue whatsoever, in fact I would say that it will continue to be a hot topic, and I would say that it will be used by the opposition right up until election time.
If you think it's hot now, I don't believe we have seen anything yet, wait for it, the opposition will come out swinging, and this present government will continue to be hit from every angle possible going forward on this file.
That's what I'm thinking anyway.

In my own opinion, yes it is certainly true that the PM is standing beside his minister " TODAY " and may continue to stand beside him moving forward into the election.
But don't be fooled in thinking that he will not do and about face with Fantino at anytime.
History has showed that Mr. Harper will do and adjustment - or about face with anyone, at anytime, especially when he is faced with a liability, he may not have much of a choice.

Just my opinion, not saying that it will happen, just saying don't discount it.

Trooper
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Thu 18 Dec 2014, 14:50

All good points but I was talking to someone with some insight and the subject of an "early" election could happen right after Christmas.

I asked for the person to spill the info and one name came up...Mike Duffy.

His court case is due to start in March. Imagine if Harper waits until October for the election? The commercials about Duffy and Harper would be endless and it would make the veteran issue look like a hiccup.

Just a thought.......
teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Thu 18 Dec 2014, 15:52

Well teen and early election is a card that can certainly be played by the PM.

The senate scandal will heat up somewhat by the end of March and Mr. Duffy will play a part in that, however, I do think that Michael Ferguson's audit report on the Senate which is expected by the end of March will top Mr. Duffy's court case, just my opinion.
Senate Clerk Gary O’Brien has already given word that he is leaving the senate which will take effect mid Feb, just over a Month before the audit is due.
His resignation comes less than two years before the end of his term.
Rumor has it, and it's just that a " RUMOR " that more resignations will follow before the audit is released.
I have read where this audit report will reveal that many more Senator's will have to account for their spending.

Personally, I think that Harper for the most part has protected himself going forward into this scandal , and I say this because he tried to abolish the senate through the courts, but was not successful, he can blame that one on the courts.
As far as Duffy and the rest go, well let's just say he rolled them over, he can now sit back and let the courts handle them.

I am going to guess that it will be the Veterans file that will surpass the senate scandal in 2015.

Again, it is only my opinion.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Thu 18 Dec 2014, 18:49

Teen, you wrote... " The commercials about Duffy and Harper would be endless and it would make the veteran issue look like a hiccup. " That being in the context of Duffy's trial dragging bad mud onto Harpers election shoes right? O.K.
But there's a flip-side to that coin. If a major calamity or two happens spread over month's that Harper didn't cause but that he can be the knight in shining armour for... to save the day?
O.K... too apocalyptic. But what's that I see? AHA MY BYS, look at those big fat juicy
"red herrings" with blue ties attached. What's the media gonna focus on? Our hiccups? NO.

As an aside, if Harper put into law every one of the 200 recommendations, for the past 10 years tomorrow morning that would be great. But I would still not vote for him because he has unequivocally lost my... TRUST. PERIOD.
Maybe if he quit his day job, he could tour full-time with his Van Cats? And if that doesn't pan out he'd do fine on a poker tour. pinger.

Last edited by pinger on Thu 18 Dec 2014, 19:02; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forgot my crystal ball.)
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1206
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Thu 18 Dec 2014, 19:09

thanks Sparrow lol gotta love the expression "Can't Fix Stupid" however we can blame the "Idiot" lol, I should run in the next general election I got the "Confidence Vote" from my home riding.
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top