Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Ref: the COLA for VAC & Sisip Ltd . has anyone on the CSAT spoken directly with the VAC Hotline & received a definitive answer for Jan.2015 increase for either one ?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ref: the COLA for VAC & Sisip Ltd . has anyone on the CSAT spoken directly with the VAC Hotline & received a definitive answer for Jan.2015 increase for either one ?

Post by Sapper Zodiak on Wed 07 Jan 2015, 21:36

I've had enough as well, but a small explanatory note regarding the adjustment of our monthly sisip amounts would have been nice. Hurry up and wait. Again.
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Ref: the COLA for VAC & Sisip Ltd . has anyone on the CSAT spoken directly with the VAC Hotline & received a definitive answer for Jan.2015 increase for either one ?

Post by Guest on Wed 07 Jan 2015, 19:00

Sapper,

I am in the same situation as you - I have been told different outcomes - some say if you got a decline you will not get the cola retro -
on the other hand some say as you did, this last adjustment was only for Months of retro - not years.

The last time I inquired about it, I was told the further back your retro goes, the bigger the cola refund.

So like you I am confused, to be honest with you I hope my cola retro = $0.0000 - I don't ever want to deal with the CRA again.

And you know they will screw this up - and I have had enough of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak on Wed 07 Jan 2015, 18:01

My sisip also declined by $11 per month. But the way I see it is that I have been on sisip for 26 years now, and through those years the indexing has gone up, incorrectly, yearly. I was not in receipt of sisip since 1993 due to clawbacks, but the correction I got this year is just that. A correction of the amounts I should have been receiving versus last years amount. Any other amounts owing from prior years should come back to me. I still believe I should get something back from the cola refund due to the time I should have been collecting it. No?
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon031 on Wed 07 Jan 2015, 16:08

Hey Radar , that's a great question , my monthly is also reduced by $ 79.55 ......... BUT ....due to the CRA """ ORDERING """ Manulife to " HOLD BACK " around 10 % roughly for taxes ........ I don't think it has anything to do with the Retroactive Rebate on the COLA , BUT ...... I might well be wrong also , so until a few of us receive the "" CAlculations "" on the retro COLA , I guess we'll just have to wait & see . & that's about the jist of it !!!

For Country
Retired Army MasterSniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
family of .......7....... get er' dun' by'es !
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 07 Jan 2015, 13:46

Wondering if those whose Sisip monthly amount decreased will we even get a refund cheque? I am in that category so I am not anticipating any COLA refund. If anyone has any thoughts I would sure like to hear them. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak on Wed 07 Jan 2015, 11:28

39 million dollars....over 14,000 affected veterans...averages at $2785 ish. Same scenario as last time with no/misinformation. Why won't someone let us know what is happening here. We all guess and stew yet get no real info. This is cruel.

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Supreme007 on Wed 07 Jan 2015, 00:54

Not a lot of refunds coming according to my sisip worker!

Supreme007
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Tue 06 Jan 2015, 19:33

Awe shut up Dave, LOL if it raining it aint time for training, good on ya brother, Amen and AIRBORNE you Fawking LEG lmao
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon031 on Tue 06 Jan 2015, 14:27

Hey Everyone .... just got off the phone with all the Pension Personnel , the increases for ... 2015 ... are as follows :

1.     VAC............. 1.80 %
2.     CPPD........... 1.80 %
3.     Sisip............. 1.75 % ..... has a " Mandatory CRA deduction of & between..... 10 to 20 % ......possibly !....starting in Jan .2015 ....FYI guys & girls .
4.     CFSA........... 1.70 %

................And as a BONUS INTEL .......drum roll .......Retro on COLA ...........Calculations will be done between now & June 2015 , Cases are @ Random !
the """  Files  """  calculated will then be  " Sent over to McInnis Cooper from Manulife, If there is a " REFUND " , a cheque will then be drawn up & " SENT TO YOU " along with any additional paper calculations for you to file for income tax purposes............... good luck !!!

For Country
Dave FitzPatick
family of.......7.......get er' done by'es

Last edited by Recon031 on Tue 06 Jan 2015, 19:32; edited 1 time in total
Recon031
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman on Fri 19 Dec 2014, 20:21

Thanks for the info . Same here Sparrow

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 19 Dec 2014, 17:14

Not real big - not real small - not even in the middle, but we will take it.......thanks guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 19 Dec 2014, 16:08

Thanks Recon.
Is it just my computer or is the Csat clock way off for the  time a post is made ?? Example, this post shows 21:08 hrs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon031 on Fri 19 Dec 2014, 12:24

Hey all ....... I just got off the phone with an op. at VAC .

The .... VAC / COLA increase  to your monthly payment , under the ol' PENSION ACT prior to 2006 is  1.8 % for 2015 
For Country
Dave Fitzpatrick
family of .......7....... no answer for Sisip LTD yet ! ........ " BUT "  I believe it is " ONLY  1 % "

Last edited by Recon031 on Sun 21 Dec 2014, 15:43; edited 8 times in total
Recon031
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 19 Dec 2014, 09:28

I talked to sisip and they said that increase or decrease that people saw a couple of months ago was the amount monthly for the cola settlement. The retro if any of cola will be paid by cheque starting in Jan but if you saw a decrease you may not get anything. But you can always call the sisip Halifax office and they can tell you this

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top