Veterans Affairs alleges some ex-soldiers exaggerating their injuries

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Veterans Affairs alleges some ex-soldiers exaggerating their injuries

Post by Brasidas on Mon 05 Jan 2015, 10:45

Thank you Jeffery that is well said. Completely lost on many. Problem is; without walking in someone else's shoes it can't be explained or understood.

Brasidas
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2012-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeffery M on Mon 05 Jan 2015, 12:06

Brasidas. Most definitely. And I take these allegations very seriously. There will be a huge backlash from this. Me included. My CM will hear from me on this matter today.

Jeffery M
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 05 Jan 2015, 12:35

Fantinos gone, Harpers dumping him , maybe the veterans vote does count, have a beer on my tab!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 06 Jan 2015, 18:26

Navrat,

The veterans votes do count - and public pressure plays a crucial role moving closer into and election.

With all the excellent media coverage lately on reporting how the government is handling our file - the last thing any government wants going into and election is bad publicity - a smart leader does not Ignore this type of publicity - I just hope that this announcement of this Cabinet shuffle is just the beginning of a full range of positive changes coming for us this year.

Back to top Go down

Find enclosed the report in question

Post by cosmo12 on Tue 06 Jan 2015, 22:16

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeffery M on Sat 10 Jan 2015, 01:52

Why does the Legion only support a lump sum payment scheme? They are out of touch, I get it. There are many that want to shut down these smaller advocacy groups, believing they are making white noise that may be confusing the message.

Many of ius were disabled under the Pension Act just prior to the dismantling of the disability Pension and force fed the lump sum. It's the force of the feeding that I find offensive and inadequate.

I cannot yet speak up or out for myself. I believed I was trained for the worst case scenario in the Infantry, but this simply was never the case. PTSD is that scenario, and it has been nearly nine years since I've been reeling. Four years of training to deploy once...then to be medically ejected into a life of TPI. No pension to be had...A medical pension designed for soldiers that must decide to BE disabled only once 10 years has been had.

I couldn't bring myself to stay on the phone long enough to spek with my CM. I hung up. My anger and rage over a backwards system leads me to nothing. It never has...she only works there she always tells me.

Jeffery M
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 10 Jan 2015, 08:53

Jeffery they all had a chance to speak up and talk about the problems with the NVC . im sure they all could have pointed out all the inadequacies with the NVC then ALL only recommend one change " END THE BUYOUT" . it would have left the GOC in a spot .

ignore the vets and make up there own list ??? add end the buyout to their list so they can implement some of the changes they recommended but dropping the one vets recommended ???? or of course just using that one recommendation then of course make no changes as we have all seen that this government will not budge on this issue???

bunch of smart guys there so im sure some seen this as a way forward . not sure why it wasn't done.

organizational problems with this fragmented group would be a problem.

differing points of view for sure but why they all cant get behind taking care of disabled afghan vets first and foremost is really beyond me im not saying give them any special treatment just treat them equal and not as some lower class of disabled vet.

maybe the greed factor came into play who knows ??? thinking well we on the old system have nothing to gain from ending the buyout but if we ask for this laundry list of changes we can not only help the afghan vets a bit we can help ourselves as well and equality be da@#$.

god only knows what's in the minds of men Jeffery but don't expect a civi run legion in the pockets of the GOC to go against the GOC on this issue but as for the rest they will come around . it is starting to happen already . guys are starting to get it albeit a bit to slow .

so now its left to the lawyers . they will get this done buds . yup it will take time but this will happen .

wishing you all the best

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeffery M on Sun 18 Jan 2015, 06:36

It sure is good to know that we have some fantastic people here. I try to keep my mind occupied with positive thoughts, and not stay consumed with anxiety and depression. Anger can be a busy way to manage my day, which can force me to get on with it, but always backfires. It leads back to anxiety and depression.

Thank you all for being here. I purposely avoid this site for days and sometime weeks in an attempt to avoid becoming consumed with the issues at hand. Thank you all for being here. It means a lot.

Jeffery M
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmo12 on Sun 18 Jan 2015, 12:01

Take care Jeffery!

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2013-10-23