CVA gutted Good or Bad

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CVA gutted Good or Bad

Post by RobbieRoyal on Mon 12 Jan 2015, 06:54

Newly-appointed Veterans Affairs Minister Erin O’Toole has informed an advocacy group(Canadian Veteran Advocacy lead by Mike Blais) for wounded and psychologically injured veterans that it is no longer a stakeholder adviser to the Veterans Affairs department.

Do we really need a lot of these organizations or is too many too convoluted?
Opinion here but I see no real reason or any real evidence that this particular group did any real advocating, sure they Mike has given hit left testicle but how productive have this particular veterans group been. I don't know?
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Re: CVA gutted Good or Bad

Post by Guest on Mon 12 Jan 2015, 07:49

wow very good question buds I may have more on this at a later date but here are a few thoughts right off .

the Tories are trampling all over free speech as a prelude to the upcoming election especially when vets are concerned as it seems they think vets issues may play a role in what may be a very close election.

im guessing your definition of productive would have to come in to play.

if that means making real change well only the GOC can do that and in this one that means the PM . so no.

if it means making noise and getting the word out on vets issues I mean in the media so all Canadians can read and understand . well in my opinion HE HAS DONE THAT LOL.

if the tories only have to sit down with pro GOC organizations like the legion to discuss vets issues well I guess they can do whatever they want including nothing at all and say they did what the vets organizations asked them to do.

question ; if this organization was not effective ( FOR VETS ) would the Tories have made this move ???????

I THINK NOT!!!!

MTF

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by ArtyRMS on Mon 12 Jan 2015, 11:08

ArtyRMS
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2014-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Mon 12 Jan 2015, 13:59

Veteran Voice and Veterans of Canada have also been excluded from the VAC Stakeholders.

Very hypocritical by VAC. They are "molding" all future dealings between VAC and the client to be online but yet they don't want to hear from the virtual communities?
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 12 Jan 2015, 14:07

I really believe they don't care

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 12 Jan 2015, 14:24

All we have control over is how we are with each other and how we help one another.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 12 Jan 2015, 14:31

teen that's right and due to the criteria a vet organization whose leadership is made up of mostly civilians are still recognized as stakeholders where organizations whose entire leadership group consists of actual vets are not .

blows my fracking mind

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 12 Jan 2015, 14:45

nav I said it before and ill say it again most  politicians only care about money and votes witch are mutually inclusive . ie; votes equals money ; money equals votes.

so in fact they do care . about what??? see above.

that's it that's all .

ya really want change ya find a way to take away these two things from that party and/or hand these things to another party.

you have that you can teach this old party how to role over , beg and yes even PLAY DEAD .

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Mon 12 Jan 2015, 15:13

So I gather from the witch hunt the only voice to be heard would be those Veteran MC and the Legion, holy FACK guess its time to be heard in other venues. Sad day for Veterans across this country period, now we have a shroom. Mushrooms once more completely nonsense. What are your plans Ron?
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Mon 12 Jan 2015, 16:40

Well there is more "traditional" veteran organizations then one may think
ANAVETS
WAR AMPS
CPVA
NATO
UN PEACEKEEPERS

Well Robbie the plan right now is what Sparrow said...keep helping each other here on CSAT. So anyone who gets information that will help each other lets post it here.

How else are the traditional veteran organziations going to get their info if we stop doing what we have been doing here for the last 10 years. LOL
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 12 Jan 2015, 18:20

oh Robbie if it was only that simple. take the legion for instance . say your piece and you will be heard but no one will really listen . and if you do it on remembrance day even if your a padre you may find yourself ostracised ya see they only want to listen to politicians not vets.

keep on keeping on brother the world will turn and it will change .

this to shall pass.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Tue 13 Jan 2015, 03:16

you got that right I aint going anywhere CSAT, like I always said Vets Helping Vets. Guess I got more writing to do troops, hoorah
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 13 Jan 2015, 04:17

The major problem with the "traditional" veteran groups, is the vast majority of their membership, are not even affected by the NVC. They are older Korea and cold war Veterans, and if they are disabled, have likely been collecting PA pension for decades. So they, through their membership, do not have a vested interest in eliminating, or even changing the NVC, and therefor focus on other issues that may be actually affecting their organizations, such as office closures.

I know that if I got into my car, and dropped into my local legion, I would feel so out of place, not only as the youngest person in the building, but because the majority of the members have never even worn a uniform (other than a blue blazer). It's bad enough that I get the stink eye from seniors when I park in a handicap parking spot, even after pulling out my walker, so I don't need the same reaction when I want to go out socializing.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3102
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Tue 13 Jan 2015, 05:42

WELL SAID BROTHER exactly, nailed it and that is why I cannot join a civilian organization (Legion) as I would not be able to represent the issues of today because the issues of yesteryear are still ongoing and quite disturbing to say the least. This snowball effect has to change and I fear it will only get better if the GOC can finally come to any agreement regarding the Pension Conditions at 65. Until then we all will fill in the role of those poor buggers in there now. Damn shameful how any veteran is treated in this country period
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by birdgunner on Tue 13 Jan 2015, 13:58

The Harper Government has once again shown that Veterans issues are secondary. Another attempt from this government to muzzle or push aside those individuals who don't play the game according to their rules.
Just look at the recent individuals or organizations that have been excluded: environmentalists, scientists, veterans groups, the CRA attack on groups that provide factual information, etc.

What the government doesn't expect is a pushback, which I am sure is coming soon. An upset Veteran with time to spend on fighting the injustices will be a benefit for all Veterans.

So Mike is a loud presenter of the truth. This is a departure from the talking heads I see in the media that don't want to rock the boat and go about their agenda in a quiet manner then wait for any positive outcome only to once again be disappointed at the response. Veterans need people like Mike to stir the pot.

OP- when I decided to commit(team leader-Selkirk) to the Canadian Veterans National Day of Protest 2010, 2011, I joined the CVA and Mike was instrumental in getting the mission started, gave all those involved the necessary tools and information to present Veterans issues in public so we were all on the same page and let the Canadian public know what Veterans were facing: The lump-sum, VA pension/SISIP clawback, reduction of pension at 65, Agent Orange/PTSD, etc. The issues were presented and this benefited all of us.

The CVA pushed hard for a ONE VETERAN. ONE STANDARD. Simple request to this day that has yet to fulfilled.

Where I stand about the RCL was discussed in another thread. All I will add is why is a civilian the head of Dominion Command/President?

http://www.legion.ca/executive/tom-eagles/

Over the past few years I have seen many Veterans groups start up and to me the CVA was instrumental in getting the message out to the public and getting issues discussed that would otherwise be left in the dark, which is exactly where the government would like it to be. This government once again proves that if an issue is to put them in a negative light they well do everything to muzzle those, who in their eyes, are dangerous to their own interests. Votes is all they are concerned with and they will go to severe lengths to squash those who are damaging their image either by muzzling, firing or dismissing the issues by spreading false information. This is why we need more individuals like Mike. Factual information is a damage to them.

I grew up being taught to defend those that can't defend themselves, this was a motive to join the forces and a reason why I joined the CVA to push back at the bullies on the playground, in this case the current government.

Once that bully has taken away our freedom to defend ourselves by making us stand in the corner is a day that I do not want to see...and at this rate it's only a matter of time when all of us will be standing in the corner.
birdgunner
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-01-10

http://jets.nhl.com

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top