Myth Busting - Why the New Veterans Charter Came Into Effect

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Myth Busting - Why the New Veterans Charter Came Into Effect

Post by bigrex on Sat 21 Mar 2015, 14:50

Has this lawsuit officially been recognized as a class action? If it hasn't, anything the Govt offers as a settlement will legally only apply to the named plaintiffs. This could be a preemptive strike by the Govt, so that the courts cannot order them to eliminate the buyout for ALL disabled Veterans.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3102
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Sun 22 Mar 2015, 13:18

Rex if just one single soldier/plaintiff gets a settlement it's the GoC's way of saying no need for a class action lawsuit as what the plaintiff gets the rest of the NVC clients will as well. It's the legal way of waving the white flag by the GoC.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Mar 2015, 14:20

well teen im not so sure its the GOCs way of waving the white flag I guess it all depends on what the settlement actually contains . sure it could be the white flag .

it could also be a delay tactic .

it could also be a way to minimise losses .

white flag is easy just end the buyout . that can be drawn up and passed by summers end . the lawsuit would either be dropped or dismissed. done and done no need for negotiations at all.

delay maybe but a bit early for that as I don't think they could drag this on till the election.

minimising losses is the usual reason a defendant enters into this type of negotiation .

now just throwing numbers out there so pleas don't key on them but if they reach an agreement that 350,000.00 should have been the top amount right from the start not the 250,000.00 it may put a lot of people in a financial hurt locker with a horrible decision to make .

do I take this crap but straighten my finances out and live a little better for a few more years to come but leaving me with no legal recourse later ?????

or do I opt out hope a lot of others do as well so we can find someone else to take up this fight and keep suffering until its over .

either way I hope all those effected make their voices here'd loud and clear so both parties know exactly how they feel. and not leave THEIR future solely in the hands of those sitting at the table .

its YOUR future TAKE OWNERSHIP OF IT !!!

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon031 on Sun 22 Mar 2015, 14:41

FYI......... Gentlemen / Warriors ,

The Royal British Marines / VETERAN ........................... 100 % ............. get  $  1,090,000.00
        The Canadian Soldier / VETERAN.......................... ....... 100 % ............ get   $      306,000.00

A Canadian Warrior is worth just  1/3  to that of a British Warrior ,  Do The Math Men !

Minister O'Toole & The Federal Government , are you Paying Attention ?

For Country
Retired Army MasterSniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
Family of .......7....... get er done & ....... MAKE THE CHANGES TO PROPERLY COMPENSATE !
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags on Sun 29 Mar 2015, 08:33

Recon031,
Thats a staggering difference. Im not familiar with the current UK approach be nice to see a chart that is comparable to both and in stone to take it to the local MP and ask why. The UK had same issue as us after a decade of War fighting the money they had to shell out from there DVA was huge like us they had to figure out how to stop it.
Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 29 Mar 2015, 09:47

its really fracking amazing governments do this it really blows my fracking mind . you as a government have had a set standard for taking care of vets . and because you are actively going to war now after a huge recession not less you realize the legacy costs of going to war are very expensive???

and your solution is to save the money on the backs of disabled vet you send to war????

how fracking misguided are these guys ???

hey if you think you cant afford to go to war ; how about this DONT GO TO WAR MORRONS !!!!!

or cut out some of the hundreds of billions in tax credits , incentives and loan guarantees to big business .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags on Thu 02 Apr 2015, 11:23

Well just look at Iraq right now. No combat mission on the ground just in the air....yet the JTF keep doing the dumbass thing and going forward where they do not belong yet the government argues its ok they are not really at the front line....give or take 200 meters. Those 4 soldiers paid a high price for a prime ministers lie. No leadership at the PMO we cant expect leadership at CSOR or down the line to the guys just doing the business.

You are so right propat they have to do the cost calculations there mouths let out before they commit troops.

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top