Jan 30th - 2015 - is the expected date for MVA O'Toole to respond to recommendations

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jan 30th - 2015 - is the expected date for MVA O'Toole to respond to recommendations

Post by bigrex on Mon 02 Feb 2015, 00:48

You are correct, but the easiest solution for that, is to change the criteria for the PIA supp, so that those getting EIA can qualify as well. I believe that solution has already been discussed in one of the reports on the NVC. The PIA amounts may be higher than listed for the EIA, but the fact that the EIA is tax free, makes up for the difference, IMO.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3102
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Jan 30th - 2015 - is the expected date for MVA O'Toole to respond to recommendations

Post by Guest on Mon 02 Feb 2015, 01:43

guys I really don't think there is an issue here with the amounts for each ore even accessibility .

here is the thing

if you are on the PA and don't have 100% put in for the PIA you are entitled . not an issue.

as for the amount no need to have the PIA supplement attached to EIA .

ya I know that would be nice but here me out .

except for the very old vets I personally haven't met any vets getting EIA above grade 3.
and only one below . again just my experience .

grade 3 is about $940.06 tax free .

now again just my experience most on PIA don't get above grade 3 . actually no one I know witch is BS.

that's $584.66 taxed plus $1,074.93 taxed for supplement .

different taxes for different provinces ya I get that but all in all not a big difference between the two on face value but there is positive residual effects of having non taxable income so I think they are equal IN GENERAL .

propat

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top