ELB

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ELB

Post by Dannypaj on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 09:14

I received it last week the same day I received the $80 something COLA cheque.  (That'll pay for some of the cost at H&R block to do my taxes.

My ELB T4 is rated at the basic amount.  $42122.96 three children.  deducted 6623.64 for income taxes.  No other financial payment.

Funny thing is I have been approved for the DTC but I can't receive any secure monthly benefits from VAC except the earnings loss, although I have service related injuries.  Example, I wasn't able to qualify for the PIA.............but able to receive the DTC. ....what is with that?
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1108
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 10:33

It sure beats the old veterans charter you had to be paralized or missing a couple limbs to receive any sort of compensation worth while. sisip wouldnt rehab and they could cut you off when ever they felt like it. cut me off in 2000 3kids no ELB back up, 600 reg pension 300 va month, percentages were very low 5 10% max. you had to go up in front of 8 old men smoking cigars and plead your case that SUCKED.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 10:37

buds with all the changes going on id be re-applying for the PIA and supplement soon.

have you ever applied for CPPD???

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 10:53

No, I am grateful for what I am receiving now!and it is better then what I was getting before. 
PIA to re- apply; I will have to ask my CM if I should even bother. I hate the wait.
I haven't applied for the CPPD!

I am hoping transitioning to gainful suitable employment will eliminate the need for CPPD or any other sort of financial help that is available for a person with a disability. I hate feeling like I am some sort of a welfare case, even though I am not.  I am left feeling this way. (bottom line here is respect).
You should apply for this and that and hope for the best.
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1108
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 11:33

Dannypaj , you mentioned three children with respect to ELB. As far as I know ELB is a percentage of final year salary to get you to 75% and amount of children plays no part in that amount. Please explain as I do not receive any additional money for children under ELB but I do under my monthly disability from VAC.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1582
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdcatcher on Wed 25 Mar 2015, 16:53

Vac sent me a message thru my vac account telling me that I am indeed on Extended Earnings loss benefit but because of my Sisip ltd income I receive no payment. News to me they also said I am eligible for the new RISB at 65 and as soon as Sisip ltd payments stop at 65.

Birdcatcher
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-03-25

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum