feds-to-announce-pension-hike-for-vets

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

feds-to-announce-pension-hike-for-vets

Post by BinRat on Mon 09 Mar 2015, 09:26

Now what political bribe are they throwing out there, must be an election bribe again to try and calm the waters.

http://www.lfpress.com/2015/03/09/feds-to-announce-pension-hike-for-vets

The federal government is expected to announce a new program and new money in Toronto on Monday that will top up the pensions of disabled veterans upon retirement.

It was one of the main complaints and a chief recommendations in a recent report from the veterans ombudsman.

No dollar amount was given but a source told QMI Agency it will be substantial and includes new money - not a reorganization of existing funds - and will follow the ombudsman's recommendation.

The ombudsman had listed five priorities: Financial security after age 65, better access to allowances for those with the greatest need, income support equity for veterans who served as reservists, better support for families, and improved income support during rehabilitation and transition.

"Canadian veterans who have been seriously injured in the service to their country can count on the Stephen Harper government to sustain their financial security throughout their lives," the source told QMI Agency. "This announcement will improve the quality of life of injured veterans for generations."

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Re: feds-to-announce-pension-hike-for-vets

Post by Guest on Mon 09 Mar 2015, 10:12

Ok I just heard that on news but no details. The minister said 70 percent of income does that exclude old age and cpp and pension act? What about Sisip ltd guys it ends at 65 ? What about EELB guys is it 70 percent of there 75 percent earnings ? So much uncertainty! I need another mojito

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 on Mon 09 Mar 2015, 10:21

Government of Canada announces enhanced lifetime support for injured Veterans and their families

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=945849

technical briefing starting 10:20 am for media

cheer's
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Mon 09 Mar 2015, 10:23

New financial support proposed for injured vets after age 65

The federal government has proposed a new program to provide financial support for moderately to severely injured veterans past the age of 65.
The new Retirement Income Security Benefit will provide a monthly income support payment to an injured veteran after the age of 65.
Veterans Affairs Minister Erin O'Toole unveiled the proposed new benefit at a press conference in Toronto Monday morning.

The new benefit will ensure that a veteran's total annual income after age 65 will be at least 70 per cent of what he or she received in benefits prior to age 65, O'Toole said.
Monthly payments will be calculated on a case-by-case basis, taking into account what each veteran received prior to age 65 and other sources of income the veteran may have.
When implemented, veterans who are already over age 65 will immediately qualify to receive the benefit.
In the event of the veteran's death, his or her spouse would continue to receive the benefit, O'Toole said.
Moderate-to-severe service-related injuries can permanently affect a veteran's ability to work after they leave the Canadian Forces and to save for retirement, O'Toole noted.
The new benefit will help "provide lifelong financial security" to these veterans, he said.
"This represents much-needed peace of mind for our veterans and their families as they recover and as they grow older," O'Toole said.

Veterans Ombudsman Guy Parent, who had identified a drop-off in support for veterans after age 65 in his recent report to Parliament, said he "appreciates" Monday's announcement.
"It is nice to see that some of the gaps that are in the new Veterans Charter are being addressed," Parent said.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/new-financial-support-proposed-for-injured-vets-after-age-65-1.2270464
Trooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 5250
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by grosgig on Mon 09 Mar 2015, 11:24

They will give in hand what they take by the others i think.

I suppose they will stop the Canadian forces income supplement, the supplement retirement benifice.

it's not for nothing the minister want to agglomerate all the benefice.

70 % of what ?

eelb is 75 %, if u receive also pia and pia supplement ??

waiting for more information before claping my hands

Grosgig

grosgig
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2012-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar on Mon 09 Mar 2015, 11:42

Remember guys it's an election year. Anytime language with the word "proposed" in it is just that a proposal. If they pass this amendment to the NVC before election day it would be a victory for us. If they don't it's just another one of those lies that are so common with this GOC.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 09 Mar 2015, 11:54

WHAT ????? NOT EVEN A HALF MESURE !!!! SIGNIFIGANT MY BUT !!!!!

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Mon 09 Mar 2015, 12:30

About time, So when SISIP says adios amigos at age 65 I will roll right over to ELB as I received a letter from VAC back in 2012 stating that I was eligible to receive ELB but die to my LTD SISIP I could not receive both, so at 65 great news indeed. Something tells me however that SISIP may have to do the same, who knows.
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar on Mon 09 Mar 2015, 12:44

Gee Robbie you sound pretty pumped about it. It would be frickin awesome but skepticism is there due to the GOCs track record.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Mon 09 Mar 2015, 12:57

So, after 65, they reduce your benefit to roughly 50% of pre-release pay, minus taxes and other sources of income? This is the most convoluted way of following through with one of the recommendations, without actually acting on the actual recommendation. Because now they have to change the actual legislation, to include this new benefit, instead of merely changing the policy to remove the age 65 aspect of the existing benefit, or increasing the current percentages given. What about the other recommendations? I am looking forward to seeing what the reaction will be from the committee and the OVO, over this.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3078
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Mon 09 Mar 2015, 13:15

So on the vac website....

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=945849 and under Quick Facts it says...

... " Monthly payments would be calculated on a case-by-case basis, taking into account how much the Veteran was receiving before age 65 and other sources of income he or she may have beyond age 65. "
Taking into account? Pretty vague to me. Like you Grosgig, I ain't clapping my hands yet.
How will it effect the old pa, pia, oas, gis, or someones cpp? Four-letter words come to my mind... "claw" and "back". That just an assumption on my part until details come about. Time will tell.
Until then, I remain very cautiously optimistic. It ain't enough counting chickens when their hatched... someone might steal them back. pinger.
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1206
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 09 Mar 2015, 13:18

Robbie no buds that's not whats happening as ELB is NOT being extended past 65 .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 09 Mar 2015, 13:24

pinger right you are but these words have me convinced already this thing sucks but.

this was the next step leading up to the election I talked about before giving a little and spinning it to sound like the greatest thing ever.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 09 Mar 2015, 13:43

this benefit adds up to nothing absolutely nothing for most people and very little to the ones collecting very high benefits .

DO THE MATH !!!!!!!

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 09 Mar 2015, 13:45

So if you lose sisip ltd at 65 you will get 70 percent of sisip ltd? Teen help us here!

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum