Backgroung Info on Family Caregiver Relief Benefit

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Backgroung Info on Family Caregiver Relief Benefit

Post by teentitan on Wed 18 Mar 2015, 23:27

What does FCRB mean Rex?

My first impression was the same but until we know all the administrative changes and how much the new benefits are plus the new caregiver benefit does it all add up to be the same as AA?

I think this is one of those benefits we have to wait and see how it washes out with the rest of the announcements.

One other point to consider...if the caregiver benefit does not match the AA the OVO and vet orgs can now advocate for equality with the AA. And the government can do a simple 'cost adjustment' without having to go to a vote on the floor.

Remember adjusting/correcting costs of established benefits is purely a memo to cabinet to correct. In other words vets scream loud enough the government (any party) can correct it asap.
teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3225
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 00:54

FCRB = Family Caregiver Relief Benefit.

So far, this is the only new benefit that will be strictly for those only covered by the NVC, so someone getting a PA pension and AA will still be able to access all the current and other proposed benefits under the NVC. IMO, other than the disability pension vs the lump sum award, all Veterans should have access to all the same income and family support benefits, regardless of when you were injured.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3055
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 09:23

Yes, your right Rex, different benefits for veterans isn't fair

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 09:35

FCRB for Teen = Official Seniors Moment LOL Thanks Rex
teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 17:58

The way in which I see it is that this new caregiver allowance is a starting point, it is tax free, and the amount that was announced, can be revisited down the road.

This new allowance is better than nothing, it is a starting point, and it shows that this government is "acting" on Veterans issues.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 5001
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 20:35

The potential problem I see between the two benefits, is linking the benefit to the classification of informal caregiver. Does that mean that the spouse or family member has to have quit their job, in order to care for the Veteran 24/7? Or do they merely need to assist them with certain daily activities. With the Attendance Allowance, a spouse can still hold a full time job outside of the home, but as long as the Veteran requires help to bath, dress and other daily activities, they can collect the AA, and the more assistance required, the higher the AA can be.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3055
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 20:45

From the debrief the FCRB is like the VIP Grant...the recipient can do with it as they please. There was zero indication of restrictions with regards to their job. It's to help, anyway possible, the caregiver.

Like it's been stated earlier the benefit gets passed and I am sure the OVO will do their due diligence and followup to make sure both the AA and FCRB are fair in value and qualifications.

teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Slaket on Fri 11 Dec 2015, 12:07

Does anyone even have this benefit?

I'm still awaiting a descion.

As this is a yearly Benefit I would assume it is to be paid on the anniversary date of ones approval and not on let's say Jan 1st of each year?

Thanks

Slaket
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2015-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trooper on Sat 12 Dec 2015, 17:45

Never heard of anyone receiving this yet....but now that the Liberals are in power they may be looking at amending this , just a wild guess.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 5001
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top