Justin Trudeau! Now that half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Justin Trudeau! Now that half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?

Post by Dannypaj on Wed 18 Mar 2015, 07:17

Veterans are not stupid. Thanks Liberals!  This is not about being stupid.  This is about the recommendations made by the OVO. They should be implemented.  Instead the Conservatives are flying from coast  to coast making "unsatisfactory half measure announcements", I get it! It is an election year!  Votes are important!  

I  wonder why the conservatives are not mentioning the lawsuit that is in the works. STALL! STALL! STALL!

Justin Trudeau already has his stance on the above mentioned issue; and correct me if I am wrong, but if elected he would reverse the lump sum payment to the monthly pension.

I know this would benefit me a lot and probably hundreds of other Veterans. 

Understand that there are veterans in the old charter and in the new charter and some in both.  Like myself! and navigating through benefits hoping with uncertainty that you may qualify just to be denied.
Clear, concise and easy  to understand! Say it as it is.   

Keep voicing our concerns and opinions! Someone is listening.
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Justin Trudeau! Now that half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?

Post by Guest on Wed 18 Mar 2015, 08:30

hi danny buds while I do agree ending the buyout is the number one solution to the number one problem with the NVC . I have only hered the other two parties say THEY WOULD LOOK INTO THIS MATTER ore THEY WOULD END THIS LAWSUIT ore WORDS to that effect .

yes these are far better WORDS than the cons are using when it comes to this matter but I haven't seen the words we are all looking for yet. they WILL bring back the monthly pension. not saying your wrong even though I READ A LOT I could have missed something .

if there is something I missed and you can find it I would sure love to read it and would appreciate it if you could post it.

thanks
propat

Back to top Go down

Re: Justin Trudeau! Now that half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?

Post by Dannypaj on Wed 18 Mar 2015, 09:17

Justin Trudeau on Veterans Affairs

In the House of Commons on November 25th, 2014. See this statement in context.

<p><a href="/debates/2014/11/25/justin-trudeau-1/only/">Permalink</a></p>
Veterans Affairs
Oral Questions
November 25th, 2014 / 2:25 p.m.
Liberal

Justin Trudeau  Papineau, QC
Mr. Speaker, we have a sacred obligation to our veterans, but too many are struggling alone against mental illness. The Auditor General has concluded that the government is failing them. Since 2006, 128 veterans have waited three to seven years to find out if they even qualify for mental health benefits.
How could the Prime Minister let this happen?

Votes are important.
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Wed 18 Mar 2015, 09:46

If the Liberals will please make a statement on what they intend to do to help Veterans prior to the election; maybe the winds of change will continue for the better.  Given the new announcements, which will be beneficial to some,  it still will not make up for the lose of earnings that are occurred when you are labelled disabled.  The PIA is a life-long monthly financial benefit for veterans whose employment potential and career advancement have been limited by a permanent service-related injury or illness.
So far, my best bet is the centric approach to a Veterans care!
AND my grievance submitted to the OVO.
Is the PIA the tool they will use to make up for the lose of career advancement potential? IDK.
or am I considered on track and on par with VAC standards. IDK.
Always uncertainty.

Last edited by Dannypaj on Wed 18 Mar 2015, 10:08; edited 1 time in total
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 18 Mar 2015, 09:46

still not seeing the words I need to here.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 18 Mar 2015, 10:09

We have to wait until they release there promises! You never know they might be better, can't be worse. Wait until the dust settles and let's see who and how many are actually going to benefit from these announcements. The family care benefit is a respite benefit that was already available and in my option does Nothing to compensate a loved one who quits there job to care for the disabled veteran because let's face it , if the veteran needs a caregiver VAC is not going to provide it, lol, and 7500 a year works out what 150 dollars a week. In my city respite workers make 20 an hour if you can't find them so this announcement just gives those serious NVC clients 7 hours a week respite for there caregivers. My father in law gets more hours thru workers compensation, lol, but wait until the dust settles. This was a media blitz and calculated Con progranda tool that was planned for the election. What happened to the OVO recommendations these aren't what they were, these are scraps of what they were. And until us Sisip and cf pension guys get it in black and white I would not count on the RISP benefit . Let's wait and see how this plays out. Maybe I am wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 18 Mar 2015, 10:16

oh nav im always sceptical and I will never believe words all I can do is be cautiously optimistic . in the end I will only look at actions .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Wed 18 Mar 2015, 11:44

In response to a written question posed by the opposition, the Department of Justice said it spent $694,070 in legal fees, while National Defence spent $3,231. Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau used the cost to demand in the House that the lawsuit be dropped.

Two for two!

Now that he wants the lawsuit dropped! States that Canada does have a sacred obligation to veteran! and I am still researching to see if he states that he would revert back to the monthly pension!

One would think that he would now state his position.  Or are they waiting for the grand finally!

Unless he doesn't have a clear position on Veterans!
Guess time will tell....
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Wed 18 Mar 2015, 12:17

The Liberals were approached by many veteran organizations and all he says is "hollow words" no, repeat, no committment.

Trudeau has never said he would reverse the lump sum.

He has never said he would drop the lawsuit.

He has made ZERO promises to the veteran community on what the Liberal Party will do.

If anyone is campaigning it's Trudeau using just words that are not/not binding. He refuses and refuses and refuses to put anything of substance on paper.

He was raised in a political house and he knows how to talk the talk, without it being binding, but walking the walk??? He walks in the shadows so he does not leave any chance of being committed to anything.
teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3243
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Wed 18 Mar 2015, 14:24

NavvyRat has it right... WAIT for dust to settle. It can be difficult given ones sit. but wait.
Just sit tight and wait... pinger.
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1206
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 18 Mar 2015, 14:56

Thanks Pinger, I just hope it's all real this time but I will be the first to admit I am wrong and this time I hope I am. Why don't they just treat all veterans the same !

Back to top Go down

Post by georges on Wed 18 Mar 2015, 15:12

I must say I agree fully whit Teen, Justin is talkink the talk but not walking the walk anybody forget the way his daddy did things? Or the last time liberals were in power? How are army was reduced to trowing tennis balls insted of grenades? How the army was set back 10 years? thous days when we went on missions with no epuipement. Go back thous your careers and remember!!!!! Justen is a like a dummy training bullet, looks good, feels good, has the good look. But in real life will get us nower.

georges
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2015-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Wed 18 Mar 2015, 15:24

You know Nav I've been thinking about that for a long time....why is there so many different classifications of a veteran? Why is there two Acts?

Only answer I come to is simple and one word...bureaucracy!

Bureaucracy is all about making the perfect policy. Problem is a perfect policy is as ellusive to find as the pink unicorn!

Now another side to bureaucracy....never admit you did something wrong. Always follow the bureuacratic code of conduct when confronted with a problem "It's fixable".

Even though the simple solution is just merge the two Acts it's like trying to get the starved lion not to eat the lamb!

Another bureuacratic code....jobs. To fix the problem we will demand more people to investigate, analyze, suggest via a "report". We will then read, analyze, have hearings, ask questions to clarify a point. Then it's sent back to the originator of the report to investigate, analyze and re-write the report.

So bureaucracy is a job-creating, investigating, debating, never admitting fault monster!!! They sure don't use the KISS policy we had in the military because of the one word in KISS...simple!
teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 18 Mar 2015, 16:02

Teen , Now that I am in complete 100 percent agreement. Imagine what they could do and provide if they cut the bureaucracy away. I really don't support any party but at this point I'd like to hear from the NDP and Liberals as to what the hell they are going to offer. As for the Cons if they really are legit and serious about this file then they will get my vote. My problem lies in the fact that a lot of stuff was thrown at us and until it's in black and white , and after the treasury board gets its grubby paws on it, will it really amount to change. At this point I want action, I want cheques and cash and benefits in veterans hands. I don't want policy and new programs announced and then all of a sudden this many veterans are covered and these ones aren't, if you were navy you get this and army you get that. If you were an officer or NCM I want the same benefits for all because disability and disease does not discriminate it effects us all, so if Harper is pulling a fast one and mixing words then turf him to the curb but if not and its for real then my support will be there. And Teen I believe you should get a annual benefit from VAC , The keeping vets informed and guiding us thru the dome of denial monthly benefit,, but Vac doesn't have enough money for that, lol, thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Wed 18 Mar 2015, 16:11

Nav if I was to get paid then eventually I would be part of the problem because bureaucracy would slowly swallow me up! LOL

Besides there is no better payment then helping a vet get his dignity back and back on their feet!!
teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top