Justin Trudeau! Now that half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Justin Trudeau! Now that half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?

Post by johnny211 on Wed 18 Mar 2015, 19:18

Navrat - You are so right about teentitan, propat, bigrex, and others on here that help us when we are down and so wrapped in red tape we can't see straight. The best thing I did was join this forum a couple of months ago. Being in the mist of a reassessment, PIA review, and a threat of having my ELB pulled, I am so glad I found this forum. When some of us do a "Head spacing and Timing" appointment every week, the old brain can't keep all there policys straight.. it's awesome to get a pm and hear what others did in the same situation. It has helped me slow down, put pen to paper and continue the fight. But you all know what - It should not be this Damn Hard - Thanks Comrades for all you do on here. Very Happy

Over and Out
Johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Justin Trudeau! Now that half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?

Post by Dannypaj on Wed 18 Mar 2015, 19:32

This site is helping me! I am finally getting answers and a lot of information. Thank you! Smile
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1108
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Wed 18 Mar 2015, 22:34

SPREAD THE WORD CSAT is open for BUSINESS!!!!
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by RCNRetired on Wed 18 Mar 2015, 23:43

I spent 30+ years in the military and the liberals were government for most of them. Lets not forget the it was Trudeau's daddy that killed the military. his constant budget cutting and non-support have caused so many issues that we still are buried under. Lets remember it was the Liberals that invented the NVC and yes the Conservatives and NDP that forgot to read the document before they voted. I am most certainly not a Harper fan, as I think he needs a lesson on life but i would rather die than give the snot nosed little school teacher Trudeau my vote. Just saying.

RCNRetired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2014-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 07:42

Understandably! RCNRetired!  If change only takes the swift stroke of a pen ( No matter what party it is) it will be done. The people of Canada want the best for their Veterans. 

The ACVA recommendations are established. Some gaps have been announced to be in the process of being addressed, and remembering that veterans are like the document, a living breathing charter!  So, making sure that any announcements made are unscrambled and will understood by every Veteran and unanswered questions are brought forth and answered.  

And thankfully for CSAT, I can talk to Veterans through this forum. Knowledge is power. 

Your right about Trudeau! his father a PM (privileged)hence easier (plenty of money) to be a politician
My father! retired military, myself (unprivileged) hence joining the forces (uprooted my whole life unable to form strong bounds in one community)

I am stuck in  over my head with all of the VAC stuff.
1.Reconsideration letter in the process (received notification a week ago that it is forwarded to head office in PEI)
2.Ombudsman review of my case ( I am waiting to have someone assigned to my file)
3. and trying to navigate through VAC

I plan to get back on my feet. 

Mental Health! Depression! I went to rehab and have been off alcohol for about ten months now (VAC sent me). Prior to that  I was drinking almost everyday and all day.  Thankfully I didn't lose everything! When your wife and kids are scared of you and then you add alcohol to the mix, will being sober was my only option. 
The road I have been down and the road I am on now is still difficult, and if VAC keeps a centric approach and it is really a department that is there to  look after Canada's Veterans then make it easier for the Veteran.
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by georges on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 08:04

dannypaj welcome to the party, we all have story's here, stick around we are all in the same ship.

georges
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2015-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 09:00

Thanks georges! As a young Veteran and a even a younger commissionaire I worked side by side with different generations of Veterans.  And not one is sure about how VAC works. 
Some guys are scared to apply for benefits because the ones they have they are scared they will lose.  VAC is a big monster to many of us Veterans and it should not be.

Frustration, that is not even the word for it!

I was at a point were I felt that if they can just treat  people the way they want (no respect); then why should I treat people in the same manner (with respect). 
Treat others as you want others to treat you.  That is what I was taught!
I also learned a motto early in life. Drilled in me as a cadet.  To learn, to serve and to Respect! Well, I have done all three and want to continue, but it has to go both ways. 
I hope we all can have peace of mind one day and know that we were not forgotten and adequately compensated for our service and sacrifices.
One day I hope I will be able to look back at my past and say to my wife, all of my complaints and appeals are done! And you know what? I should of believed my CM when she said "I am here to give you the best support and we do have the best interest of you and your family".  
Right now my CM is limited in her powers, and I am sure she is doing everything she can to help me in my transition.

Last edited by Dannypaj on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 21:24; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing grammatical errors.)
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 09:04

I guess nothing else to do but sit and wait. Dust still not settled or sea spay for us navy folks. Maybe once that settles, well maybe, we may have more answers!
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 11:51

Trudeau is nothing but a snot nosed kindergarten teacher who is still wet behind the ears. He has no platform cause he has no backing from his own party. I too was a victim of his father's irresponsible handling of DND matters. Johnny Chretien was no better. When you need to cut the budget, decimate your military till you are nothing but a joke to your allies. Working with SFA we still managed to get the job done cause we cared. The more they cut the harder we worked. Public works acquisitions people could not organize a one man rush to a two hole shit house. Just look at F-16s, Sea kings and the rest of our beyond the "best before date" equipment. Until this country recognizes the need for a strong military with a budget larger Denmark or Luxemburg's we will be left sucking the hind tit for a long time. Just my rant for the day. Sorry if I hijacked the thread.

Last edited by prawnstar on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 18:10; edited 1 time in total

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 12:08

Any feedback, frustration, comments or whatever is stated here is beneficial if it is coming from a Veteran. knowing that I have a place to voice my frustration and opinions  on here makes me fell like I am not by myself in this fight with GoC over VAC benefits.  
Just in passing if our F-18's are starting to look like F-16's then we are surely needing to update our Fighters, they would be missing a crucial part of the Jet.........lol
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 12:29

I stand corrected. I was an army guy.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 13:02

Prawn, you mentioned a best before date. In my time there was a reason why the HMCS Fraser was coined "Fraser-blades" it had to do with razorblades the recycled scrap many felt it should become.
And the Restigouche was the "Rust-igouche"... soo many memories it's nuts. But we did ok. pinger.
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 13:52

I was on the Rusty Guts in the late 70's. It was a Potlatch Ex and we sailed down to San Diego. I was on the Provider and half way there I did a jack stay across to the Restigouche. Of course I got a bit of a soaking half way across. We then sailed back to Cape Scott on an American troop ship with landing craft in it's belly. What a trip that was. Made me happy to be a ground pounder instead of a hairy bag.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 16:17

Tx prawn. LMAO and it feels good... pinger.
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 17:48

Personally, looking at it from a whole point in view of what's best for the Country moving forward, Trudeau in my view will not be able to add anything which will advance us in any way, he has no solid plans, he has no experience, he is counting on his name image, and it looks like it's working so far, at least from the polls point of view.
He is neck in neck with the conservatives, don't really know if this will continue, god help us all if he is elected.

Looking at it from a Veterans point of view, don't expect anything from him, in fact, if you think we had it bad with the conservatives, vote Trudeau and see where that leads, I think we will be a hell of a lot worse off, with this guy leading.

Just - My - Opinion

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top