Justin Trudeau! Now that half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Justin Trudeau! Now that half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?

Post by Trooper on Mon 23 Mar 2015, 12:51

We all have our own views on what party is best.

Like I have already stated, I have no time for the Liberals, I do like the NDP to a certain degree, but as I look at what is going today with respect to the polls, the conservatives are neck and neck with the Liberals, and the NDP is far behind and as it looks today, don't stand a chance in winning the election, until that changes, I am looking at either the conservatives being re elected with a minority government, and the Liberals being the official opposition party - or the Liberals winning with a minority government, and the conservatives being the official opposition party.

So for me, and this is just me, today I am hoping that the conservatives win, I will be very disappointed if the Liberals win as I do believe Veterans, and members of the forces will suffer big time with the Liberals in power.
Trooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 5265
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Justin Trudeau! Now that half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?

Post by 6608 on Mon 23 Mar 2015, 12:59

Rex,something similar is called consensus style government works pretty well for theses folks might not work down here, but is a very interesting form of government in Canada.

http://www.assembly.nu.ca/sites/default/files/Consensus%20Government%20in%20Nunavut%20-%20English.pdf

Cheer's
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 23 Mar 2015, 23:12

Have a question for you guys,if i suffered multipule injurys before the new veterans charter and was released before the new veterans charter but had to wait for a statement from a fellow soldier because they didnt do a cf98 on me dont you think my case should be done under the old charter. to make matters worse i found out 3 weeks ago i fractured my colar bone on that exercise never new because they never xrayed my shoulders 37 years ago. and with the pain from other injurys i never new. more xrays ,ultrasounds, and mri in the future to find out what all damage was done It only took 37 years and about 8 different doctors and it took a nurse to kick some ass and get action.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 24 Mar 2015, 00:03

Wild thing, unfortunately the way they set up the NVC, it doesn't matter when the injury occurred, only what the application date was. Somebody should have advised you to put the application in before 2006, and if needed, use the witness statement at the VRAB review hearing. For example, I submitted a claim for OA in the lumbar spine, in 2005, because after two knee surgeries in 2004, my back was in constant pain due to the constant limping. it was denied because they said that the x-rays didn't show enough degenerative changes, and the denial was supported at both levels of appeal, saying that in their opinion, that I was not suffering a disability to my lumbar spine. But a few years after my release, and my back was getting even worse, they finally sent me for a CT scan, that reveal major changes and two separate herniated discs, which couldn't be seen in an X-ray. I asked for a special reconsideration because of the new medical evidence, and was told that because my claim had been denied at appeal, I could only submit a new application. So even though I had a previous claim in prior to the NVC, for the exact same condition, they would not grant me an increase to my PA pension, giving me a disability award instead. And while I was waiting for their decision, I ended up having to have emergency back surgery to remove almost an entire disk, and a section of vertebrae, to remove pressure on the nerve root.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3078
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 24 Mar 2015, 06:38

I could not find this individual he was posted over seas on embassy duty and va would not assist in locating him so i had to wait for him to return to Canada then i found him on face book. has anybody ever challenged this in court with a real lawyer and not a veterans puppet. i am going to get MC to check into this as soon as my sisip appeal is settled there must be a grandfather clause because i did not sign up or serve under this new charter my contract ended 1992 and i should at the most be asked what charter i want to fall under.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Tue 24 Mar 2015, 08:17

Great! is surgery what I look forward to when I am older.  bigrex,  I also had a CT scan and it reviled a different diagnosis then what I was initially told.  The first one stated that I had mild spina bifida? The new one says that there is nerve compression and other issues with my disks.  Chronic back pain! wouldn't want anyone to endure it. 

I have a question.  I first applied for the ELB in 2007 and did not fill out the paper work until 2012. The reason for this! I have no idea! Discouraged ? I thought why even bother, it will be denied anyway.

I know it is my own stupidity for not filling out the paper work.  But you would think if VAC is there to help Veterans, why wasn't a follow up conducted to see why the paper work wasn't returned.  I as a concerned parent if I didn't hear back from a family member, I would follow up on that and make sure there wasn't a problem.
Anyway, should I not be compensated from the day I initially applied? Probably not.

I am also in both the New and Old Charter.   
Hopefully things are being sorted out at DVA.  I am sure they have a good handle on everyone's medical situation with one click of a button.

SO MANY PROBLEMS, SO MANY SOLUTIONS>and too many people trying to resolve it.
OVO has all the files at his or her disposal and sees through all the BS of the system. There are actually people behind those decision that are being made.  And like many, I am one of them and having to wait for the solution. I only hope it is done with the very best interest of the Veteran.
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1078
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 24 Mar 2015, 09:10

Danny, not everyone requires surgery, and the only reason that I needed the surgery when I did was because I couldn't pee. And surgery has nothing to do with age because that was roughly two and a half years ago, when I was only 41. The surgeon recently told me told that I'm going to require more surgery at some point in the future, due to further degenerative changes, as well as bilateral knee replacements, that I was told were required back in 2008.

As far as your question about VAC and ELB, while it would be nice to think that VAC would care enough to follow up, they just do not have the resources. Unless the Veteran is being case managed, nobody is going to be looking at their file, for the sake of looking at the file. So even though you requested the ELB application, without submitting it, or contacting the department, anyone at VAC that did see the application request on your file, could assume that you got a new job and no longer needed the assistance. They have been under pressure to reduce spending for several years, so they are not going actively approach Veterans, to see if they need additional benefits. The onus is on the veteran to request what they need.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Tue 24 Mar 2015, 09:41

Okay thanks bigrex. It should be a requirement on release to register for this site. Alot of my what if are being answered and answered by fellow peers who already have experienced being released from the Canadian Armed Forces and transitioning..........wait and see I guess 😊
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Sat 22 Aug 2015, 08:52

Perhaps Justin Trudeau by presenting the Liberals campaign promise to veterans this early in the election may force Thomas Mulcair to criticize or embrace Trudeau’s “campaign promise”; or it may also force the NDP’s to present their platform on veteran’s issues.
Social media is a very powerful tool and veterans are tired of being pushed around, so by using social media we are fighting back sending a clear message to the government that we may be injured but we are still willing to fight, especially for what they have done “deny, delay or hope you die” policy.    
You would think as a sitting Prime Minister that if the veteran’s community are angry and suing that something would be done to fix the problem.
I guess not if you’re anything but Stephen.
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Riddick on Sat 22 Aug 2015, 09:52

The government claims they don't have to be accountable for campaign promises......so what is all the fuss about??? From now until election time will be nothing but empty promises and endless mud-slinging. One putting the other down to make themselves look like the better.

Actions speak louder than words........"The devil you know".

Riddick
Riddick
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Sat 22 Aug 2015, 10:26

It would be nice if campaign promises were legally binding, but no politician will ever put a that kind of restriction on themselves.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Sat 22 Aug 2015, 11:34

That's why the questions of details need to be asked. Last night on the news it sounds like the world economy is dropping off. China, USA, Canada, Europe. So all these promises have a price tag and if the damn media pesters them enough for details then we the voting public get the info to make a sound decision on who to vote for.

teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3248
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 23 Aug 2015, 09:42

I don't trust Trudeau

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Mon 24 Aug 2015, 14:21

Right you are Supreme. Furthermore, I trust any politician as much as I can pick them up and throw them. Not far, including their details.  pinger.

Last edited by pinger on Mon 24 Aug 2015, 14:35; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot the female politicians)
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Mon 05 Oct 2015, 16:18

We kinda now know what JT will do if elected.
Veterans should IMO never have a carrot held up to them by any federal party for the purpose of gaining votes. One party is offering what is asked, another not budging, and one that seems to be remaining neutral.
Leads one to wonder what the government will be debating in parliaments this up coming session? Veterans issues, possibly? Speculation here on CSAT is that if the Liberals are elected, "will they fulfill their promises to veterans"?
They are not even in office yet and the worries have already started. Hopefully they prove themselves accountable and fulfill their promise.
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top