Justin Trudeau! Now that half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Justin Trudeau! Now that half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?

Post by teentitan on Mon 05 Oct 2015, 20:17

Well Danny when JT dropped his promises to veterans I emailed Leslie to answer a few questions (mainly the life long pension). Had to send him a reminder email about my questions and a day later he answered we have to wait for the financial platform.

So the Libs dropped their financial platform sent the same questions that day. Sent him a reminder email on Friday and still haven't heard anything. Others on CSAT have sent the same question and they haven't heard either.

So it can't help but make me wonder how important veteran issues are with the Liberal party. Especially with a former General as his veteran advisor who is supposedly aware of the lack of respect veterans have been dealing with for the last 9 years.
teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3248
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Justin Trudeau! Now that half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?

Post by bigrex on Mon 05 Oct 2015, 21:04

Danny, people have every right to worry, because politicians are not held accountable for promises made during elections. But that being said, he is at least promising real change, and not just more reviews, or saying "we've given you enough!, be happy about it!" like the Tories seem to be doing. Even if he only fulfills half his promises, it's still better than nothing, which is what we will get from the others.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3078
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Riddick on Fri 09 Oct 2015, 07:09

Election day is getting closer as we all know......and us vets can tip the scales to whom ever we should vote for......provided we are on the same page......or...the "one voice."

I think it is safe to assume the vast majority of vets do not not want Harper.....so that really leaves JT and Mulcair. Who is the devil we know. Although campaign promise are empty promises, who is our best choice? How do we rally together when we have so many opinions?

Riddick
Riddick
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Fri 09 Oct 2015, 09:45

Well, IMO, the only option at this moment, is the Liberals. They have set out specific goals, in terms of the NVC benefits, even if they are light on details. And as much as I have supported the NDP in the past, and Peter Stoffer, the promise of a review is just not going to sway younger veterans, who have been affected by the nickel and dime tactics of the Tories. We all know that these changes will take money, money that the other parties are not willing to spend, because it would threaten their balanced budgets.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3078
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Riddick on Fri 09 Oct 2015, 13:53

I know politics is more often than not a risky and touchy subject, but I fear if most of us have our own agenda it will solve nothing. I believe there is strength in numbers. I am not sure who will agree with me......but I have a proposal.

I am by no means a politician and all politicians lie and hand out false promises like candy. I am not sure who to vote for.....be it NDP or the Liberals. What I need to know is who the bulk of vets are voting for and I will go along with them to give that party the best chance.

My proposal is (if most are willing) to: each of us on VVI, sends a vote to one person (say teen titan) or a volunteer via PM (private message) that person tallies the votes and tells us on say the 16th where we sit statistically (yes that person could theoretically lie to suit their own gains) but does anyone have any other suggestions......or does anyone?most even care.....or..... we just all show up to vote as a mixed bag? (yes the advance polls have started)?????

Riddick
Riddick
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 09 Oct 2015, 14:37

Riddick buds great idea but the thing is we pretty much know where the bulk of the vet vote is heading . im heading the same way even though I was heading another way befor JT,s announcements .

its the logical choice.

thing is we don't want to split our vote evenly but we do need to split it strategically because votes indirectly do matter but actual seats matter more .

so your vote comes down to the polling in your riding just before the election.

ie; if you want the libs to win and the cons and libs are tie in the polling in your ridding you would vote lib .

but if the cons and NDP are tied in the polling in your riding you would vote NDP . just to try and take a seat from the cons.

clear as mud ????

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman on Fri 09 Oct 2015, 16:13

Very good point propat

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 on Fri 09 Oct 2015, 18:12

Riddick, propat. - Voted 2 days ago for JT. I was on the fence right up until I seen that Peter did not try to go to bat for us, and put in the same or better policies then Leslie. I have been reamed with redtape this past 2 yrs, and I am so tired of getting it up the you know what by this gov. VVV..
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 514
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 on Fri 09 Oct 2015, 18:15

Lol, sorry this headspacing of mine did not see the poll topic below..but I could not give a rats a__ who sees that I support JT..VVV..
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 514
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 09 Oct 2015, 18:45

johnny thanks for voting buds I understand about the NDP thing as well I too was hoping for some really big things from them but got disappointed .

thing is I wanted all parties to come to the plate and make the choice difficult but that didn't happen .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Riddick on Sat 10 Oct 2015, 07:36

Thanks propat.....

For me this is a big election year for a few reasons......primarily it is the first year I have really taken interest (getting more syndical I guess) especially in the veterans department. Been getting really burned about false promises and smoke and mirrors.....give money in one hand (vets and child tax benefits for example) and take it back in another..I hate hypocrisy.....just own it man but Harper is the worst, I do not want that limp wristed dictator back (ya he says he is out even if he wins.......trying to save face).

I do believe the 3 top choices are not good....so it's pick the devil you know...

Also politicians claim they are not accountable for campaign promises!!! get the frack out of here, they must think Canadians are dumb as stumps.

K.... JT it is.....

Riddick
Riddick
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 10 Oct 2015, 08:56

ya bud picking the best of the three bad sucks but what are we ta do . if you were on the ballot I would be voting for you but sadly we have what we have .

I don't give a frack what they say about accountability I will hold them accountable anyway to the best of my ability .

just want a chance to correct some of the evils especially the big one and its hard to hold a politician accountable for breaking a promise they never even made .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Riddick on Sat 10 Oct 2015, 10:54

I have seen changes....more so in the last year........ be it changes with the MVA to the Equitas Society and the lawsuit.....more staff at VAC......so you are right propat holding them accountable (be it the government, VAC or VRAB) can happen....... slowly....but yes it can happen. Having said that.... in the last year there have been more voices becoming more vocal then ever......and this is where the strength in numbers makes a difference.

So it is vital to us, if not getting what we want ....at least get more then what we have which is a step closer to what is only fair.

Riddick
Riddick
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Mon 20 Jun 2016, 06:34

Yes, reading back on this, I can only agree with the following statement by a CSAT member;

yup cutting off the tail of the snake aint gonna stop it from biting you I suppose . ridicules times call for ridicules measures . I suppose its time for vets orgs and advocates to skip the whole call for the MVA to resign thing its soooo 2015 anyway and go straight to asking for the resignation of the prime minister himself .

NOW would be the perfect time for that . play their game by saying he promised to return ( and this is important ) THE PA PENSION and lied through his teeth . sooo we want him to resign . this relatively small sacrifice would undoubtedly improve the well being of many disabled vets and their families and save a few of those vets lives who have sacrificed so much more .

JT since even with the power of the PMO you cannot live up to your promises we are asking you to help us by stepping aside so maybe someone with the proper abilities can.

ya I know it aint goona happen . if all vets orgs start clamoring for this though it would make a great story for ANY reporter and really sine a huge lite on the subject .

always question authority

propat
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1078
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Mon 20 Jun 2016, 06:36

WE WILL CONTINUE UNTIL WE WIN> SO GIVE UP, PLEASE.
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1078
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top