Question

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Question

Post by Guest on Thu 28 Nov 2013, 21:04

Anyone who thinks Vac cares about the veteran is delusional , sorry, they only care about money! And not giving it! I believe Vac , once the ww2 and korean guys go, look out, VIP will be a thing of the past and vac will be turned into a CPPD sort of benefit , it's already being moved to service Canada!

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Thu 28 Nov 2013, 22:18

I was actually talking with the manager for the housekeeping company, who've been dealing directly with VAC for years, and were proactive when the change was announced. The reduction is because VAC uses national or regional averages for specific services when calculating the deposit. So if the average rate is several dollars less than what your service provider charges, as in my case, then the Veteran loses out. After all, the companies aren't going to charge you less. So now, I have to figure out, how many 3hr shifts I can afford with the reduced amount for the next 6 months.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3079
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Fri 29 Nov 2013, 10:39

Rex this example was given last year at this time at a Stakeholder Meeting in PEI and the answer was plain and simple...Call your CM and ask for an inhouse consultation to be re-evaluated for VIP.

While you have your CM on the phone tell her about your groundskeeping. I'm pretty sure that having a 14 year old son doing it you should be getting it as you could call his services room and board.
teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3248
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top