Critical Injury Benefit (CIB)

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Critical Injury Benefit (CIB)

Post by Recon031 on Tue 31 Mar 2015, 18:38

RobbieRoyal & TeenTitan .....

Your points are Valid ! ............ BUT , There are over 1600 Severely Disabled Troops out there ....

WHY ??? ONLY .... 186 will get The CIB ???

1600 - 186 = 1,414 ..... TROOPS LEFT IN THE DARK ABOUT THE CIB !!!!!!!

Minister O'Toole .... The Numbers are simply " NOT ADDING UP " .

For Country
Retired Army MasterSniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
Family of .......7........ Get r' Done Bye's !
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 31 Mar 2015, 18:45

All I know is it makes me much more interested in what comes from the settlement talks with the Equitas lawyers. Because the CIB does absolutely nothing in regards to the issue Veterans have about the lump sums not being high enough to compare with lifelong PA pensions for similar disabilities. I believe I read somewhere that the number of VAC clients grows by around 5000 per year. If that is right, that is 45000 new VAC clients since 2006, but yet they only expect to pay CIB retroactively to roughly 100 Veterans AND they are planning on only needing $200000 per year in the future. That equals 0.2% of Veterans since 2006, and even fewer future VAC clients.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3078
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 31 Mar 2015, 18:47

buds this would be nothing less than offensive to them in my opinion .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Tue 31 Mar 2015, 19:27

Yes he did say $200k a year on average but that depends on the missions the CF will be on per year.

In the teleconference the $200k was brought up and we were all told that this is a benefit and there is no set amount per year. So if they need $70k or $7million the money will be there.

Yes I know we will never get a true answer on what amount will be needed per year but that is why we have an Ombudsman. The office will definitely keep a watchful eye on this benefit.
teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3243
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 31 Mar 2015, 21:00

If there is no limit, then why bring up a forecast at all? He should have simply said that the future costs could fluctuate based on military operations. But by low balling their numbers, it tells me that they plan on really restricting who gets this, for injuries that don't involve combat.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3078
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Who is entitled to the new critical injury benefits ?

Post by Hab2013 on Wed 01 Apr 2015, 10:43

With all the new announcement from the past couple weeks that I have been trying to figure it out, here come this one with the new critical injury benefits, VAM said that you will be receiving 70,000$ if legislation approved it ? Who can get it ??? I'm confused , someone explain to me thanks..
Hab2013
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2013-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Wed 01 Apr 2015, 10:51

In a nut shell Hab2013, only those that are within the NVC mandate meaning those who have either made applications for coverage POST March 31srt 2006. More information will follow but as I see it, do not get in any line-up as you will be waiting a long time. Seems this will effect only post SISIP CLAS ACTION Members and in a good way just remember how those soldiers watched us get our retro well now it is our turn. This is a positive thing troops it means progress for all veterans.
PS Love the handle, me being a LEAF Fan I am use to long waiting periods, good luck
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon031 on Wed 01 Apr 2015, 11:06

...... I'm going to chime in here as well ,

There are 186 Seriously Disabled Troops since Mar , 2006 that I believe will " Get It "

....... BUT ! there are 1,600 Seriously Disabled Troops out there " WHO WILL NOT " Get it , appearently /....... BECAUSE ,

They were Seriously Disabled .... BEFORE 2006 ????????????

For Country
Retired Army MasterSniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
Family of ........7......... Get r' Done Bye's ! ........... Good Morning Steve my Brother !
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by teentitan on Wed 01 Apr 2015, 11:06

Don't forget still serving CF personnel also qualify for the $70K. Here is probably one of the best explanations I have heard...

You get shot and you end up going into shock. When you come out of shock you are going to be confused...mad...depressed...frustrated with physio (let's face it who doesn't get frustrated with physio)...but after say 2/3 months you end up with a hell of a scar and some minor discomfort for the rest of your life but you still finish your career to get the CF pension.

So for the 2/3 months of recovery and minor discomfort for the rest of your life the GoC says yeah thanks and here's the CIB to show our appreciation.

teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3243
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 on Wed 01 Apr 2015, 14:34

The main points to this CIB award is that it applies to post 2006 people, and the member or veterans condition has recovered or improved through rehab to the point where they disqualify themselves from a disability award because they are now medically stable (no permanent disability) theses people were fortunate that there condition improved and could move on, but received no or minimal disability reward for there pain and suffering from the severe incident.

Another way of looking at it is recognition for completing rehab and moving on after if you can.

Cheer’s

Last edited by 6608 on Sat 04 Apr 2015, 17:41; edited 1 time in total
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Wed 01 Apr 2015, 17:15

6608, I like your posts.

Anyhow, you say Another way of looking at it is an incentive for completing rehab and moving on after  if  you can. "  ( my underline).  Recognition seems a better word than an incentive to me.

However... to me absolutely nothing goc or vac has announced recently is worth a hill of beans until it's
 carved in granite. And how does one critique a "possibility" in the meantime? It's as futile as shooting a ghost in the future. 

I hear ya teen... Don't forget still serving members of the CF also qualify for 70k CIB. We should just wait... hard to do sometimes but so is wating for pei. 

Something else. Ottawa and VAC have resources. Math people, stats, extrapolation,
and professionals. Just something to think about...

Stay very well all. Fairest winds. pinger.
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1206
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 on Sat 04 Apr 2015, 17:43

Pinger, thanks and you are correct that's the exact word the minister used in the interview i saw my bad Embarassed

And here is the minister's quote from today answering a question on his Facebook page explaining the purpose of the 70k (CIB) " to compensate people who went through surgeries and hospitalizations, but because they made almost full recoveries they received very low Disability Awards (Lump Sums). That is what this targetted benefit will help remedy."

Cheer's
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 04 Apr 2015, 23:02

I am under the NVC only because the military or vac had zero screening in 1997 for ptsd or for that matter other physical ailments. I am only under the NVC because for years I was not normal and finally told I was not normal for over 20 fackin years.Back,Knee hip PTAs under NVC. But wish the buggers found it all earlier. Yet I guarantee even though I ws treated like garbage and a lowlife by my CM, I will not be partial to this new benefit. Yet I am 106% did not get sisip yet considered 100% plus....which 100% should be considered as tpi...yet sisipsays no. Well cib, sisip, and all the other bull lingo amounts to jack squat. Tons of benefits can be brought to the table but it's another to qualify for them. I call bullshit.

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv on Sun 05 Apr 2015, 13:03

"Tons of benefits can be brought to the table but it's another to qualify for them" : exactly!
100% with you on that one. The more they deny - bigger bonus for them. At one of the mtgs I asked for 'qualification' of VAC workers and, reluctantly one said that: they are all well qualified with at least BSW. So you had/have/will have 20year olds deciding what is good for an injured/sick/ill/broken VET.

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RCNRetired on Wed 08 Apr 2015, 02:48

Well we can cut this thing however one wants but as far as I am concerned we would not be where we find ourselves today if the GOC treated all veterans with respect and dignity and as one. They have so dam many one offs that it confuses the heck out of most. Who knows anymore what entitlement one has because there is so many variables you cannot keep up and me I believe that this is what they are hoping for. Confuse and save and here we are going back to war again.

RCNRetired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2014-10-25

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top