Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Critical Injury Benefit (CIB)

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Critical Injury Benefit (CIB)

Post by Recon031 on Wed 01 Apr 2015, 11:06

...... I'm going to chime in here as well ,

There are 186 Seriously Disabled Troops since Mar , 2006 that I believe will " Get It "

....... BUT ! there are 1,600 Seriously Disabled Troops out there " WHO WILL NOT " Get it , appearently /....... BECAUSE ,

They were Seriously Disabled .... BEFORE 2006 ????????????

For Country
Retired Army MasterSniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
Family of ........7......... Get r' Done Bye's ! ........... Good Morning Steve my Brother !
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Wed 01 Apr 2015, 10:51

In a nut shell Hab2013, only those that are within the NVC mandate meaning those who have either made applications for coverage POST March 31srt 2006. More information will follow but as I see it, do not get in any line-up as you will be waiting a long time. Seems this will effect only post SISIP CLAS ACTION Members and in a good way just remember how those soldiers watched us get our retro well now it is our turn. This is a positive thing troops it means progress for all veterans.
PS Love the handle, me being a LEAF Fan I am use to long waiting periods, good luck
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Who is entitled to the new critical injury benefits ?

Post by Hab2013 on Wed 01 Apr 2015, 10:43

With all the new announcement from the past couple weeks that I have been trying to figure it out, here come this one with the new critical injury benefits, VAM said that you will be receiving 70,000$ if legislation approved it ? Who can get it ??? I'm confused , someone explain to me thanks..
Hab2013
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2013-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 31 Mar 2015, 21:00

If there is no limit, then why bring up a forecast at all? He should have simply said that the future costs could fluctuate based on military operations. But by low balling their numbers, it tells me that they plan on really restricting who gets this, for injuries that don't involve combat.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Tue 31 Mar 2015, 19:27

Yes he did say $200k a year on average but that depends on the missions the CF will be on per year.

In the teleconference the $200k was brought up and we were all told that this is a benefit and there is no set amount per year. So if they need $70k or $7million the money will be there.

Yes I know we will never get a true answer on what amount will be needed per year but that is why we have an Ombudsman. The office will definitely keep a watchful eye on this benefit.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3293
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 31 Mar 2015, 18:47

buds this would be nothing less than offensive to them in my opinion .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 31 Mar 2015, 18:45

All I know is it makes me much more interested in what comes from the settlement talks with the Equitas lawyers. Because the CIB does absolutely nothing in regards to the issue Veterans have about the lump sums not being high enough to compare with lifelong PA pensions for similar disabilities. I believe I read somewhere that the number of VAC clients grows by around 5000 per year. If that is right, that is 45000 new VAC clients since 2006, but yet they only expect to pay CIB retroactively to roughly 100 Veterans AND they are planning on only needing $200000 per year in the future. That equals 0.2% of Veterans since 2006, and even fewer future VAC clients.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon031 on Tue 31 Mar 2015, 18:38

RobbieRoyal & TeenTitan .....

Your points are Valid ! ............ BUT , There are over 1600 Severely Disabled Troops out there ....

WHY ??? ONLY .... 186 will get The CIB ???

1600 - 186 = 1,414 ..... TROOPS LEFT IN THE DARK ABOUT THE CIB !!!!!!!

Minister O'Toole .... The Numbers are simply " NOT ADDING UP " .

For Country
Dave Fitzpatrick
Family of .......7........ Get r' Done Bye's !
Recon031
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Tue 31 Mar 2015, 17:43

that is absolutely true and we do what we do for all veterans period, I just hate getting pumped up just to be dumped that sucks
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Tue 31 Mar 2015, 17:16

A major point that is being missed about the CIB is that yes it is for the NVC vets but it's also for the CF personnel that get an injury that may not require a VAC application. Like a knife wound or gunshot wound.

Hey would it be great to see some of this for the PA vets? Yes. But I'm thinking about the NVC guys who sat there and watched us get our retro LTD money while they didn't.

Both incidents aren't fair for each group but hey at least there is something for each of us.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3293
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon031 on Tue 31 Mar 2015, 13:55

Trooper , TinSoldier , Bigrex , 6608 , Navrat , & My Comrade RR RobbieRoyal ,

........... You are All Correct ......... There won't even be any Crumbs left over for the guys on The Old Pension Act ,

...... A few NVC guys will get a Check " Each Year " & that's it ..... It's All Smoke & Mirrors !

...... It was well thought out " Behind Closed Doors " to look attractive & they did keep using the Word .... Veteran 's , as if all .... 750,000 veterans were going to receive a check in the Mail .

...... When the Fog Lifts ..... "  ONLY  "  3  Soldiers each year will get something  ! ....... IF THEY GET BLOWN UP , or , Stab themselves with a BAYONET ! Hint ! Hint !

.... THAT's IT  !

......  All the ""  Severely  Disabled Troops  ""  from the Past with 100 %  to include  Severe PTSD , WILL NOT ,  receive another dime .

This seems to be Purely .... ONE BIG PHOTO OP ..... Shameful  !!!

For Country ?
Dave Fitzpatrick
family of ........7......... Get r' Done Bye's !
Recon031
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 31 Mar 2015, 11:18

each of these changes were designed so that it costs as little as possible, by either reducing the payments through deductions, or limiting eligibility.

The RISB, instead of reducing one benefit by 30%, they are reducing three benefits, and then against what what was told to veterans, other income will still be deducted, except instead of being deducted from one of the benefits, they will be deducted from the reduced total of all three.

The Caregiver benefit sounds like the Veteran will have to be infirm, and completely dependent on others, before they can qualify, and not be in receipt of a PA pension.

The CIB, only compensates for critical injuries that have happened after 2006, that require extensive surgeries or hospitalization immediately afterwards. This will exclude the vast majority of PTSD recipients, unless they also suffered physical injuries in the same event. It will also exclude any injury that was serious but wasn't life threatening. To me a critical injury is not one that someone can fully recover from, so any injury or illness that is career ending and results from a lifelong disability should be included.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbieRoyal on Tue 31 Mar 2015, 10:03

Need some bird seed to feed the flock gathered around, I will warn you that I only have enough feed for just a few so get in line and hope that you get some chaff or crumbs for fack sakes
Sounds like a PC stand oh yeah election time
RobbieRoyal
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 31 Mar 2015, 08:59

It's all a plan, cover up, get Jessie Ventura!, the Cons planned this as an attack strategy against the various veterans groups. Allways look at the fine print, who on here is actually going to benefit?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 31 Mar 2015, 07:45

I do have one disagreement with respect to the power & politics interview posted by 6608 - If you listen to the interview, and go forward into the interview to 9:20 where Mr. O'Toole say's that bill c-58 " Where going to be in a end state where Veterans covered by this, with our enhancements and changes will be in a better position than under the old pension act by any measure.

trooper respectfully disagrees with that statement.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top