Reconsideration Letter Question

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Reconsideration Letter Question

Post by Dannypaj on Sat 11 Jul 2015, 16:39

Thanks guys,
Hopefully I will hear something sooner than later.
It is frustrating not knowing what sort of response I will receive this time around and also what options I have remaining if I am denied again.
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Mon 13 Jul 2015, 07:56

Found this tidbit of information on-line for those interested.
Veterans Affairs Canada's explanation regarding wait times.
"In particular, the department is failing to meet its targets when it comes to re-examining previously rejected applications, and processing those where a veteran is asking for new benefits because of a worsening condition."
This is probably the answer I am looking for to why there are delays, VAC is failing to hit their target .  My ass! They are running out of ways to frack a Veteran.  That is what is happening!   
and also,"They (VAC) have also cited “the learning curve associated with digitizing our processes” and a new requirement to call veterans for additional evidence before rejecting any claim."

So now Prior to an application being rejected, one will receive a phone call asking if they can gather up more evidence or what?  Checking my mailbox honestly causes me anxiety and instant stress! Now every time the phone rings Monday thru Friday has just been added to my daily struggle and stresses dealing with Veterans Affairs Canada.    

No phone calls as of yet, so either a good thing or they haven't even looked at my file yet.
How long can one wait.
BigRex,
I also can't wait for the day I can say that I don't have anything pending with Veterans Affairs Canada.
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Mon 13 Jul 2015, 11:19

I am almost out of the woods. The only thing left is a reconsideration hearing for my back, because after my VRAb appeal hearing, they increased my entitlement to 2/5, but refused any higher. They said it was because of preexisting conditions, and other injuries, but yet there were none, and did not expand on that, nor did they list any actual contradictory evidence used, such as an accident report. They also said that they questioned how my doctor determined a minimum level of 3/5, and questioned her credibility, without actually saying what exactly they had a problem with. Even the OVO staff that I have spoken with were left shaking their heads after reading the decision, but are powerless to actually do anything about it.

But the lawyers said that the hearing will likely not occur for several years, so for the time being, I am done.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3078
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by tfmm on Mon 13 Jul 2015, 11:26

Being in uniform and on your way to a base should be considered service related.
A Legion rep told me VA has awarded in the past under similar circumstances.

As for wait times...
A friend of mine told me yesterday that a large number of GST cheques were not processed (hers included), and that when she asked her gov. friend about it she was told gov. employees were being sacked across country so Harper could say he balanced the budget before re-election.
Prepare for a long wait for pretty much everything.

tfmm
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2015-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by tfmm on Mon 13 Jul 2015, 11:27

Big red,

Years???

tfmm
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tfmm on Mon 13 Jul 2015, 11:29

Sorry Bigrex,

Auto-correct drives me banonkers.

tfmm
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak on Mon 13 Jul 2015, 12:40

Regarding your file and personal injury information:
I had a meeting with my new cm now that I have moved. We went over my entire file and found something missing. In 1991, I was diagnosed with brachial plexus palsy in my right arm and hand, approved, covered, pensioned etc. At the same time I was diagnosed with a Long Thoracic nerve injury directly related to my pensioned conditions. I was operated on for this nerve damage where the doctors fused my right scapula to my vertebrae in my thoracic spine. I have had two such operations on this problem. It does not exist in my file! Nothing about a LTN injury, surgery, years of therapy or anything. Now I still have the nerve damage, but must convince VAC that it has always been there. I have all the surgical reports etc. but my cm found no mention of this condition in my file!! Amazing! Further to this, VAC thinks I have a shoulder problem. Uh...shoulder problem yes, with nerve damage in my arm and hand and back. Shoulder...I'll shoulder them! Check your info my people. You may be surprised by what is missing.
Shoulder shruggin Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Mon 13 Jul 2015, 14:10

So, if true in regards to in uniform heading to base, then VRAB withholding 4/5 should not be considered reasonable? Funny how doctors letters and other evidence reflects a higher attribution to the Service then VRAB's 1/5 that I was awarded. A doctor, not myself submitted medical documents to the board stating that 4/5 was reasonably justified.
But yet VRAB concludes by pulling rabbits out of their hats that 1/5 it is. Come on VAC, I'm tired of the fracking games and I am not alone as stories of poor treatment of Veterans keep popping up on our lovely social media.👂
BigRex Several of years, maybe if our government changes up, you can ask for a Ministerial review of your file. This is probably my next step if my situation isn't resolved in a way that would be considered fair treatment of an injured vet.
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Mon 13 Jul 2015, 14:31

Yes, I was told that reconsideration hearings are the lowest priority for VRAB, maybe because it is normally due to someone screwing up. So with normal hearings sometimes taking years to be heard, because of a backlog, I'm not going to be holding my breathe, for a quick resolution.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3078
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by tfmm on Mon 13 Jul 2015, 14:51

One would think a reconsideration (especially if due to fault) hearing would be a higher priority. After all, it's fixing an error.

VA needs more hires.
Why don't they hire the less injured vets, using service experience in lieu of a degree in Social Work?
10-20 years in Military Admin, or even being on the receiving end of that Admin, should count for something.

tfmm
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tfmm on Mon 13 Jul 2015, 14:57

For the record, aside from waiting since November, VA has been very good to me so far.
I wouldn't have known to even file a claim if they hadn't contacted me in the first place.

tfmm
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj on Mon 13 Jul 2015, 15:46

Okay, yes to be fair things are better than before taking part in the VAC rehabilitation program, but it would of been nice to of had this help years ago.
Years of not receiving help and suddenly receiving it has helped yes, but I still have no certainty because after graduating 🎓 from college I better find a decent job or I'll be right back where I started, but with a certificate.
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tfmm on Mon 13 Jul 2015, 15:59

But are you well enough to work? Finding work will be harder if you have to accommodate a disability.
Does VA have a job placement program for disabled vets?

I'm not suggesting forcing vets to work if it would be medically detrimental.

tfmm
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tfmm on Mon 13 Jul 2015, 17:10

The wait is over.. Mail came this afternoon.

It's a favourable decision.

Thank you VA!

I wasn't expecting this outcome, as I try to never take anything for granted.

Sincerely, I hope this bodes well for everyone still waiting.

tfmm
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 13 Jul 2015, 19:58

sweet congrats buds .

propat

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top