PIA

Page 2 of 48 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: PIA

Post by pinger on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 09:51

Firebird and anyone else, 
What is very informative and new is a link 6608 first posted here... 
http://csat.top-talk.net/t2942-regulations-amending-the-canadian-forces-members-and-veterans-re-establishment-and-compensation-regulations

Lots of other pia help posted in the Veterans Help pages as well.
I will be re-applying shortly, just firing up the boilers. Next week sometime a O/T will do a home assessment on me for starters.

Bigrex, you mentioned... " ...they are supposed to take all medical conditions into consideration, even those that are not service related. " Holy Crap! Completely outside of 5/5 entitlement? Wow, talk about lateral info, where did you find that out Rex, the pia policy doc? Tx for your help. pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 10:04

I am TPI and currently on the rehabilitation program. I will be speaking with my case manager on Monday about PIA as he contacted me about applying. I think that I do not meet the criteria for PIA but do qualify for PIA supplement.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1582
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 10:33

Good info team thats a second option,sisip dont have a case for dropping me but you never know with the ajudication process.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 10:46

TPI with VAC not SISIP. I am appealing with SISIP for LTD.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 10:56

firebird im curious how could you be qualify for the supp but not PIA. ive never seen that but ive seen it the other way around. maybe your CM will sort that out when the applications go in and you will get both. the thing is I believe you will need to get accepted for PIA before you get the supplement.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 11:39

I do not meet the definition of severe and permanent impairment for PIA but I do meet the definition for totally and permanently incapacitated for PIA supplement as I have been deemed TPI by VAC.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 11:43

This is all confusing and to add to it I currently have an appeal for LTD with SISIP under the class action lawsuit. So if I win my appeal I will lose coverage from VAC and no longer get ELB while on the rehabilitation program and thus not qualify for PIA.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 12:02

Firebird, ELB and PIA are completely separate. You don't need to be getting one, to get the other. I'm pretty sure there are members on here that are getting SISIP and PIA. Have you looked at the new eligibility rules, you just may be entitled afterall.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3079
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 12:02

buds you don't need to be collecting ELB to get PIA and sup you just need to have been approved for it . I was approved for ELB but never got a dime as I was on SISIP then I was approved for PIA as this is a requirement to get the supp and the criteria is generally easier to meet than the supp . then I was approved for the supp whose criteria is generally harder to meet.

all I can say is get the applications in and see what happens .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 12:56

The application is being sent to me but from what I read you have to be on the rehabilitation program with Veterans Affairs to get PIA and if my appeal with SISIP is granted I will no longer be on the rehabilitation program with VAC. The information is not detailed enough and the only thing that matters is applying. I am currently on ELB and was contacted by my case manager about applying for PIA as well.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 14:18

So so much alphabet soup ,no wonder it's so bloody draining.
How can one not feel like a half-fracked fox in a forest fire dealing with VAC somedays?

Never heard of someone getting a pia supplement without getting the pia in the first place either.
Was I asleep at the wheel when they changed the rules? I don't think so.

2 cents firebird. Take your time if you can. Do not ever feel pressured. (esp. by a cm) It just might bite you in the butt later. I'm talking 20/20 prudence. pinger.
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ceedee on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 14:24

Not 2 months ago my case manager called and she said I should apply for the Pia. I guess it's a waiting game now. I Though is was great she mentioned it to me. Considering she call to ask if I still need a case manager

ceedee
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2012-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 14:39

Firebird, being approved for SISIP does not make you ineligible for the rehab program, because it covers a lot more than just retraining. The only thing that will happen if your SISIP appeal is approved, will be that any money received for ELB will have to be repaid. You should still be eligible for PIA and PIAS (if you qualify).
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3079
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 14:41

from my own experience my CM said you have to have been ACCEPTED for the rehab program for ELB . you need to have been ACCEPTED for the rehab program to get PIA. you need to have been granted PIA to get the supplement .

that's the proses I went through to get the PIA and supp.

you have at one point been accepted for the rehab program sice you are on ELB so no need to go through that as that is the longest part .

you are on ELB ( even if you get zeroed out because of SISIP that doesn't take you off ELB ) and you have been accepted for the rehab so no need to go through step 2 in the presses.

now you only need to do the easiest part step 3.

the application is one page .

when I applied I did it to get the PIA and sup but I was not on the rehab ore ELB the paperwork I got was thick as a book loads of crap to fill out doctors reports to get filled out and so on . at the bottom of the pile was the paperwork I wanted the PIA and sup ONE LITTLE PAGE .

blew my mind!!!!

collecting SISIP does not take you off the rehab program nor does it erase the fact that you had been accepted for the rehab program .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak on Sun 12 Apr 2015, 14:53

OK folks...enlighten me please. Sisip since 1989...cpp-d since 1997...is it more beneficial to go with what I have, or get PIA as income? It seems to be the same thing from a different source. What are the benefits to me, as I have no amputations or anything that would qualify me to get the TPI...HHMMM...
Sap silently musing...

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 48 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum